main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Ultimate Drabble Challenge VIII: Return of the Drabble – Index Updated 2/18!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Mira_Jade , Mar 20, 2017.

1. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Week 5 might just be the end of my run. :( I got totally... nuthin',

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    You could choose one film, tv series or book a week, and base all five drabbles on that.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    And here is the next set for your drabble enjoyment!

Week VI

26. Dream
    27. Stars
    28. Barricade
    29. Rain
    30. Home

Ceillean, AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    It seems like I catch up just in time to have another set to work on! :p (If you don't count my NSWFF thread, that is. ;) :oops:)

But Week V is here in my SW collection. :)

5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Here are my responses to week six. All a single vignette, all Teebo...

...and a mysterious Jinda fortune teller. :D

AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  6. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Ok, I'm a week behind now, but at least I have week 5 up.

7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Week 6 is up in SW.

My muse is being a butt for NSWFF

8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I'm getting bored. Leaving replies to these is a bit frustrating compared to replying to normal stories. I feel like I'm faking it and I'm embarrassed about it.

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Are the ones doing an arc across five drabbles, any better for you?

10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Hmmm, I thought about it, but it doesn't always work. Plus, it can turn out to be short yet again. A 500 word story that's not broken apart like that is easier to comment on that five drabbles, still.

And yes, the idea of responses and not the drabbles themselves being draining is probably a new thing, but that's how it is with me.

11. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Weeks 3 and 4 completed. (In line with the bored atmosphere, I'm getting kind of uninspired already. I am still able to tell a story, but it's nothing profound. At least it keeps me writing, I suppose).

12. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Actually, no. It's not a new thing for the response element to be draining... which part do you mean?

And if you're bored, I present the Sentence Challenge to do in between drabble sets. ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Not bored, perhaps I used the wrong word. More likely frustrated with putting five little responses in a row and making them meaningful. There's an user doing stories and commenting on those stories is kind of easier, but since I'm not familiar enough with the universe, my responses turn out to be a couple of sentences that don't look real good at all.

Ah, the perils of a detailed reviewer who suddenly became not-so-detailed. Blame drabbles and stories updated twice a week. The latter is not an excuse, though. There used to be a story updated twice a week, with pretty long chapters and for some reason, commenting on it was a breeze for as long as I had been reading it. So, I wonder what this curse of brevity - I shall call it that - depends on. I am losing my reviewer superpower! :(

14. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Week six is up for NSWFF AND I'M PROBABLY BEING ADDED to all sorts of US government watchlists.

As for reviewing (and I know I've fallen behind - but RL has been hectic and has broken my poor body), yeah, it's difficult to leave a meaningful review on 100 word pieces of fics, particularly if you aren't super familiar with the era/character. But we all know and understand and can totally forgive it.

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ewok Poet - I think that I get what you're trying to say! It can be difficult, at times, to say something meaningful about each individual drabble, especially when they are about characters/eras you're unfamiliar with. In the, end though, you can comment on what you want to comment on, before you burn yourself out. No one will look at you askance; it's completely understandable. Or, even if you do leave comments as simple as 'I don't know this, but I like this', there's that too. As an author, as much as I love receiving those detailed comments, short comments are encouraging as well. That said, I don't think you're losing your 'reviewing superpower' from what I've seen. ;) [:D]

Now, to catch up on my own reviews. It seems there's always something left to comment on with a challenge this big. ;) :oops:

16. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Drabbles are a bit like children, small and tricky. But you can find ways to appreciate them & see them for the pearls that they are.

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
  18. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
  19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    And for this week's prompts . . .

Week VII

31. Tangy
    32. Sweet
    33. Spicy
    34. Bitter
    35. Bland

Enjoy! :)

20. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    And week 5 is up here.

21. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
  22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
  23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    25% of the way through, and it is taking its toll.

24. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
  25. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000