main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Snoke Theories

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Lulu Mars, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Snoke is Lando. It's why he had Kylo Ren off Han. Lando, er....I mean Snoke, is still pissed about losing the Falcon to Han all those years ago, and because Han basically nope blocked Lando on Bespin.

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    You have to star out the whole word.

Master of None likes this.
  3. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Snoke is a past rogue apprentice that had been hiding for many years. He's not related to anyone we've seen before nor.has he been mentioned. He was able to rally Imperial loyalists to his cause and began doing so years before turning Ben Solo to the dark side. The old Imperial officers and soldiers were glad to join him after surrendering to the New Republic following the battle of Jakku. He may have once been a Senator or political that dealt with Leia in some way before a reveal that preceded Kylo Ren's rise.
    Knowing that Hux comes from a family with strong Imperial ties, Snoke went to him first and enlisted his help in gathering the remaining forces of the Empire. He then communicated with Kylo Ren indirectly with dark side inducing visions, like Palpatine did with Anakin in ROTS (presumably). This convinced Kylo to seek him out and he then carried out the massacre of Luke's Jedi academy with the other Knights of Ren.
    I believe that Snoke had begun training the Knights of Ren long before the New Republic, hoping to rise when the time was right. They took advantage of the power vacuum left over after Palpatine's defeat and that's how the First Order was born.

None of this came from any sources. Just my own speculation.

4. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Maybe Snoke isn't a reincarnated anyone from LOTR... HE'S VOLDEMORT REBORN!

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Snoke was a powerful Force user thousands of years ago, that came to the attention of the Father, Son and Daughter and was imprisoned by them until their deaths in the Mortis arc.

DARTH_BELO and Lulu Mars like this.
  6. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    ^ If that's the case, wouldn't Palpatine have sensed him via the Force?

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Palpatine did sense him during ROTJ. The prison took time to fall or Snoke was hiding. The Jedi couldn't sense Palpatine for years.

8. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    That's true, Sith are masters at hiding in plain sight.

9. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Snoke somewhat resembles Nosferatu (especially when his hologram fades away while he says "We shall see"). That's because he is a Force "vampire", thousands of years old, who was awoken from hibernation by Imperial remnants when they took refuge in the Unknown Regions.
    That's where he was imprisoned long ago by both Jedi and Sith who had to team up because he was so extremely powerful. You see, he feeds on the Force energy of others. It keeps him strong and the more he feeds, the stronger he gets.
    Therefore, it is now very dangerous for Force users to exist - but they must still imprison or destroy Snoke, because otherwise, he will just keep feeding on people who have no way of defending themselves.

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    That... would be awesome!

DARTH_BELO and Lulu Mars like this.
  11. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Yay :)

Notice how hungry he sounds when he says "Bring her to me"... ;)

TCF-1138 likes this.
  12. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    That's why he wanted Kylo to bring her to him. He would get the truth outta here..:p

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  13. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    I'm prepared for anything. Like Snoke being three feet tall in reality. For example.

14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Snoke is Papa Smurf!

15. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Three feet high. Not three apples high!

16. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Big apples?
    Small feet?

Lulu Mars likes this.
  17. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I think we're gonna find out Snoke's son was involved in secret negotiations with the Republic/Resistance, which will plunge the First Order into disorder.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  18. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    The First Disorder.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  19. dva3842

dva3842 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 2, 2008
    I'd noticed Snoke at least in hologram form leans and gestures a lot, not like cool and collected mannerisms Palpatine exhibited when he's just seated. Maybe it's a wizard of Oz like puppet and the puppeteer is some droid or IG-88, the torture bot, or Gonk. Or Snoke could be some former jedi who survived order 66 and got his face and neck tendons burned and lacerated by Vader and left for dead..

20. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I'm majorly bummed that they released figures of him this far in advance. I won't release any details for those of you strong enough to have avoided Force Friday, but the figures alone debunked a few of the theories I had.

21. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Aw, that sucks! I've caught glimpses of his appearance, but not enough to draw any conclusions.

22. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

Right out of the theatre upon seeing TFA I though this. He looked like an elder god the way he was presented and his bald head made me think of Marvel Comics Watchers. Well the GFFA has its own watchers, The Whills. The Watchers had a renegade in their ranks and given Snoke's injuries, well, I hope he is a renegade Whill.

I think his role is becoming obvious. With all the talk of Luke perhaps falling to the Darkside as was a plan of Lucas way back in the 80's and resurfacing in Dark Empire it looks like Snoke will fill the shoes of Palpatine in that comic.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  23. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    Snoke is Boba Fett, survivor of the almighty Sarlaac, coming back for the ultimate revenge by brainwashing Ben Solo (the son) and instigating the patricide of the man who sent him into that sandy pit of despair. We all know how bad sand can be, just ask Anakin...

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  24. Darth Sin

Darth Sin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 14, 1999
    My thought is that Snoke has to have some tie in to the Jedi or Sith as it relates to his knowledge of the Force. In other words, he just does not come out of nowhere. He himself as a character tells me that he is very knowledgeable of the history of the Sith and Jedi, and that he at one time had some type of relationship with them. I lean towards the belief that his past relationship was NOT with the Sith, but rather the Jedi Order. Could he be one of the "Lost Twenty?" Could he have been an fledgling apprentice of one of the Lost Twenty who learned of the dark side of the Force, along with the good side?

For me, the fact that he discovered Kylo Ren, and began to train him tells me not only of His previous knowledge of the Force, along with Jedi and Sith history tells me he is definitely tied to possibly someone we have known or already heard of. He is the driving force behind motivating Kylo Ren to follow in the footsteps of Vader. Why does Snoke desire this of him? How will this benefit him?