main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    True. But I think tradition holds much stronger when it comes to the actual sequential films as opposed to the anthologies. It would just seem way off to have the first two films in the ST happen in what appears to be a pattern, and then to suddenly deviate from that for the third.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  2. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Episode 9 release date in May means that Celebration 2019 most likely is gonna be in April again... Not a fan of that. Hopefully, it won't be too much interference; thinking of vacation days/exams during celebration. (I work at a school so even if I don't have exams its a busy period)

Valency Jane and Darth Dnej like this.
  3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Frozen 2 getting an 11/27/19 release date probably played a role in IX being in May.

Padme501st likes this.
  4. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Avengers coming out early May however may push IX back cause they don't seem to want Marvel and SW in the same month. Though they are doing Marvel and Pirates in May this year so if that works out, they may be ok with it in the future

5. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, they may be able to pull it off. As it stands now, Avengers would have 3 weeks until Star Wars. Age of Ultron made over 83% of its domestic total in its first 3 weeks, so it wouldn't hurt it too much. A kids movie like Frozen tends to be leggier.

6. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    I hope everyone had a great May 4th.

Since we (thankfully for my bank account) didn't get any Celebration news yesterday and it will probably be a year before we do, what is everyone planning on doing to get ready for Celebration 2019? Like are you planning on cosplaying? What are you planning on having as your must sees for the next Celebration etc?

Valency Jane likes this.
  7. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Man that is such a long ways off to be honest I can't even really think about it too much right now.

I'm actually currently in the process to join the Army. Got a few hoops I need to get through first, but assuming that comes through some time this year there's no telling where I'll be come 2019. I mean, regardless of what I'm doing I'll still make whatever efforts I can to get there. And hopefully have more involvement in fan groups and whatnot. Maybe even a solid cosplay by then. But yea, things can change pretty drastically for me at any time until then, so we'll see.

As of now I'm still thinking about the last Celebration we just had. Last night I was sitting here finishing up watching ROTJ on TBS for their May the Fourth marathon, and thought wow, exactly three weeks ago I was laying down on concrete in line for TLJ panel. I keep looking at all my stuff I got there and just can't stop appreciating having had the opportunity to do it for the second time.

What kinds of things are you planning for 2019?

Valency Jane and Padme501st like this.
  8. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Hello everyone! Haven't posted since CVII Anaheim. Love attending Orlando CV/CVI but missed CVIII Orlando.
    I had already made plans to visit WDW in a couple of weeks. A good reason for missing this last Celebration.

I, too, am hoping that SWC 2019 will be in Anaheim again. Honestly, I can't say one way or another if one
    convention center is better than the other based on size and design. But like hundreds of other conventions
    I've attended, hotel selection is at the top of my list. Each convention is different no matter where it's held.
    But I must say, being within walking distance of Disneyland is a plus. Just say California and I'm there! I'm
    from the Midwest and love Florida too, and can navigate directly to WDW without breaking a sweat.

No matter where its held, we will all have the times of our lives! Meeting all of you is by far the most exciting
    part of being there. I don't have high expectations of the SW rhetoric because things could change quickly. I'm laid back and
    go with the flow. But I will say this . . . those food trucks at CVII Anaheim were a godsend! One of many
    highlights why I'll be be more than happy to fly out west.

Valency Jane and Padme501st like this.
  9. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Outside of keeping a rough budget in mind, I won't be doing any planning for a while. I'm probably 90% committed to going to the next one as long as it's in the states.

Padme501st likes this.
  10. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    oh yeah I'm only committed if it's in the US and if life doesn't throw me a wrench.

I'd like to get VIP tickets this time around so I'm planning on that budget wise cause that will be the first big budget hit and it could be at anytime (though most likely next May). I'd also like to get one of the pricier "next door" hotel this time around, I've always been about a 10 minute walk away which isn't bad but I'd like that experience. I'm going to "train" to stand in line for hours since it is what you do the most, it would be nice not to feel miserable halfway through the day. I'm thinking one more cosplay on top of my Imperial Officer (most likely will not do Jyn again) and maybe a fun cosplay like a TRex Jedi or something.

MotivateR5D4 Good luck with the Army. I can see where it's hard telling where you'll be and if you can take off during Celebration. Hopefully it will work out that you can.

Valency Jane and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  11. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Padme501st: Thanks. Hopefully I can attend whatever SW events come up in the near future. But at this point anything is up in the air for me. I'll still be on the forum regardless though.

Padme501st likes this.
  12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    My brother has one of those inflatable t-rex costumes. They are hilarious.

I'd also like to wish MotivateR5D4 the best of luck with the Army. Major respect for those who serve in the military.

Padme501st and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  13. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    star_wars_is_good: Thanks man.

I'm not quite there yet, hopefully soon, but I have a few hoops to jump through first.

14. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I'd love to re-do my X-wing pilot, but it does make pit stops a bit...inconvenient.

15. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Anaheim? Hoping. Still the last celebration over there was a disaster.
    The lines were horrible and desorganized.

16. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Sadly after Orlando this year, I no longer believe it's an Anaheim problem but a ReedPop problem. With the expansion being complete by Fall of this year, If they get a company that can properly handle 75k+ people and use as much available space as they can, Anaheim can become a great choice.

I personally don't want it over there all the time cause it's pricier for me to travel to CA than FL but rotated out, I'm ok with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Leia's Twin

Leia's Twin Jedi Knight

May 19, 2016
    I agree with Padme501st. I have been to the last 4 and thought the ones in Orlando were better, as there is more space. I don't think I had as much issues in the latest Orlando one that others had (maybe because I was expecting it), but Anaheim was definitely worse, at least for me. I think she is correct, though, ReedPop needs to step up their game. I did feel I was standing in line a little bit less with the wrist band thing.

While Orlando would be so much better for me (since I live here), I see the pros on having it in Anaheim, as you can walk to DLR. In 2015, I split my stay between a hotel on Harbor (Red Lion Inn) and The Grand Californian (using DVC points). It is much cheaper for me to drive in each day from my house though! I have to say when I spent all day Friday 4/14/17 at the OCCC - from about 5am to 11pm - I totally missed getting on the 528 to go home, and had to go the long way home, up to Downtown Orlando. [face_laugh] Next time, I need to get more sleep!

At this point, I am spending a boatload on a 2 week trip to China and Japan this fall, hitting both Shanghai Disneyland and Tokyo Disney, so we'll see what the future brings travel wise.

PatttyB0123 and Padme501st like this.
  18. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I know the most likely dates for Celebration 2019 are 11-14 or 18-21 April (probably the later) but how amazing would it be if it was 23-26 May for opening weekend and they kicked things off with a massive midnight screening of IX on the Wednesday night! (not sure how logistically, maybe standing room only & screening in all halls could fit everyone and/or multiple screenings through the night or some sort of massive outdoor screening?). That would really get the party started!

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  19. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I like your thinking. 2019 is going to be a HUGE year for Star Wars. With the conclusion of the sequel trilogy, Star Wars Land opening up at both Disney parks, and a Celebration. And in keeping with your suggestion, as has been postulated before, I think Anaheim would be the best bet for that with their huge arena with a 7,000 person capacity. Maybe even open up a few more larger capacity rooms in the Anaheim Convention Center to account for any overflow and livestream whatever panel and/or discussion takes place before or after. That would just be such an amazing culmination of everything that's been building since 2015. As the dedicated fans that we are I think we deserve something like that. It could really set in stone our commitment to the franchise going forward for decades to come.

QueenSabe7 and ChrisLyne like this.
  20. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    On a bit of a Celebration high right now as my wife and I plus our friends have all agreed to go to Celebration 2019 (assuming it ends up in the US or Europe). I mean my wife and I were seriously considering it anyway, we loved Europe 2016 and this would be our first US Celebration (assumedly) but it's nice to have everyone say yes and commit to it! :D

21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    If they did this, you should probably go ahead and get in line now. :)

22. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Just tell me where :D

23. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
  24. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Somebody on Facebook is saying that wristband queuing for Celebration 2019 will start in early 2018. Only chairs that can fit inside a backpack are permitted.

25. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    So start queuing in December after seeing TLJ and bring a blow up bed, got it ;)

MotivateR5D4 likes this.