main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Prequel Trilogy MUSIC

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth Downunder, Sep 7, 2015.

1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Filmscoremedia has posted another round of tracks from ROTS.

First we have 2 consecutive tracks from the opening battle, including the uncut intro stinger combined with war drums backing. (the initial war drums are not included here):

Next is the full unused Elevator Scene, of which only the first few seconds were used in the final film:

The full Riding the Lizard, previously released as part of General Grievous, but this time separate and with a clean ending:

Finally Rolling with Grievous from the end of the wheel-bike chase:

2. FilmScoreMedia

FilmScoreMedia Jedi Knight

Oct 11, 2015
    I don't think I have much more prequel music to upload. A couple pieces here and there, but that's about it!

Subtext Mining likes this.
  3. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Does anyone know what the music that plays in the background when Cliegg is telling Anakin about his mother in AOTC is called? I remember it playing in the menus on the Episode 3 game as well but I couldn't find it when I searched for it.

4. FilmScoreMedia

Oct 11, 2015
    It's called "Return to Tatooine". Track 10 on the original soundtrack album.

Grievousdude likes this.
  5. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    darkspine10 I think I've seen the entirety of that ROTS 'complete score' from Filmscoremedia, I thinks the track themselves are taken from the movie though. You can hear parts where its been dipped for dialogue, and murmuring in some places that is actually actors speaking.:p
    But I do wish that Lucasfilm would release complete scores for ROTS and AOTC.

6. FilmScoreMedia

Oct 11, 2015

Yes, he already knows that. I *mostly* use video game rips, as the music is usually in almost-lossless quality. I occasionally use Blu-Ray rips for parts that cannot be found in the video game files, although that is a last resort.

darkspine10 likes this.
  7. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    FSM has posted the final track before the credits from ROTS in full:

8. FilmScoreMedia

Oct 11, 2015
    Took me forever to get that to upload. It kept getting taken down due to copyright everytime I uploaded it. I decided to try it yesterday since YouTube is now letting me upload the copyrighted material (thanks to Sony's contract being over) and finally got it to work!

darkspine10 and Subtext Mining like this.
  9. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    That's good news. :) Any luck on the Rainy Ramp and Anakin's Nightmare track? That's the only one left from your website that couldn't be posted.

10. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    The soundtrack to all 3 of the Prequels are amazing.

I blast Augie's Great Municipal Band when ever I hear good news.

Darkslayer and MarcJordan like this.
  11. FilmScoreMedia

Oct 11, 2015
    I could have sworn I uploaded it and it wasn't taken down. Hmm I'll have to check...

darkspine10 likes this.
  12. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    Weesa Free!
    [​IMG]

FilmScoreMedia and darkspine10 like this.
  13. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    The PT music is so good! I'm surprised no one really likes the Qui Gon funeral/Vader Rise theme. The mysterious Dooku theme from AOTC is really good to. I always loved hearing the Sith music from ROTJ in the PT films.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  14. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Ah, FSM has posted the last track from his website, Rainy Ramp and Anakin's Nightmare from AOTC:

Thanks for all the great music FilmScoreMedia! :D

15. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    FilmScoreMedia, have you done a video of the full music from Anakin's Dream? The album version of the track is missing a section that plays when Padme first arrives on the veranda, that I haven't been able to find anywhere. It features a really nice version of Anakin's theme.

16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Did John Williams win an award for his score of ROTS??

17. FilmScoreMedia

Oct 11, 2015
    That's actually the cue I'm working on right now. Just finished the full version of "Council Meeting" about an hour ago.

darkspine10 likes this.
  18. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Sounds great, thanks so much :D :

If I'm not mistaken, there is now a full posted score for both ROTS and AOTC, though obviously there are a couple of sound effects and voices here and there. Do you know if that's correct, if there are any other minor tracks you haven't posted yet?

FilmScoreMedia likes this.
  19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    So I've been listening to this a bit. Really strong, powerful variations on a few of Anakin's themes.

Subtext Mining likes this.
  20. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    FSM has made two rescore videos. They can be found in the comments of the Council Meeting video, and cover the unused section of Grievous and the Droids, and the ending of Council Meeting.

21. FilmScoreMedia

Oct 11, 2015
    I think there are several I haven't posted yet, although they probably don't contain much unreleased music. There's a ton of material missing from AOTC, but a lot of it hasn't surfaced in any of the films or video games, only in the sheet music. ROTS though is basically done. I have at least 1 redo I'll need to make (I accidentally forgot part of "Plans for the Twins"). I'm also still missing quite a bit from TPM.

22. FilmScoreMedia

Oct 11, 2015
    Nevermind, I forgot I already redid "Plans for the Twins". I'm finishing up on the rest of the 'chase through Coruscant' cues right now. Should be uploaded by tomorrow morning.

darkspine10 likes this.
  23. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    What specifically is missing from those 2?

24. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    How could I get the sheet music???

Thank you for your awesome work btw ;)

25. FilmScoreMedia

Oct 11, 2015
    I don't really keep a specific list at this time. Not too much though. The rest of the Coruscant chase cues were some of the main ones. ROTS might actually be complete now, I'll have to check later when I have time. TPM might have some more unused pieces, maybe some alternate takes as well. I'll have to check that as well.

darkspine10 likes this.