main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Alan Tudyk (K-2SO) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darkslayer, Aug 15, 2015.

1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  2. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
  3. rg1fan123

rg1fan123 Jedi Padawan

Feb 8, 2016
    Wow, really makes want to see how different the original cut was. But it seems like they made the right choice with the official movie cut.

Darth__Lobot and Ricardo Funes like this.
  4. Keycube

Keycube Jedi Master star 2

Jan 19, 2009
    I've no (well...almost no) issues with the ending, but I'd still pay big money to see that original cut/vision, especially if it had no regard for "Hollywood" endings and left me feeling completely miserable, as it should (i.e., "hope" should have been more inferred, IMHO).

Darth__Lobot likes this.
  5. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Dr_Cthulhu wrote

So that's how Cassian dies in the alternate cut ( :44): right next to his droid friend, possibly at the base of the transmission tower. Presumably, Jyn is up in the tower transmitting the blueprints - and will die alone when the Death Star incinerates the complex. Pretty cold-blooded if you ask me. The cut we got was definitely the superior one.

They both die within a matter of several minutes. Can't say I would have minded the conclusion mentioned above, on the contrary: By transmitting the Death Star plans Jyn gives Cassian's life and death a profound meaning.

Reflecting the ending as it is now starts to resonate in my head with Vera Lynn's famous song from 1942 (blame Stanley Kubrick and Dr. Strangelove for that...) - fortunately it didn't enter my mind watching the film during the first two times. :p

Gigoran Monk and Sarge like this.
  6. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    It's weird to say, but I love K-2's defiant "GOODBYE" right before he smashes the control panel and is destroyed. It's as if he's aware of the sacrifice he's making, yet as a droid he's indifferent to his own fate.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Agreed, SheldonCooperBOT K2SO had such a poignant death scene due, in large part, to his personality conflicting with his logic programming. It was a marvelous juxtaposition of emotions... and also lack thereof.

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Calling him Sheldon is an insult ACoD.

9. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    I also loved how he tumbles over and the camera guides you to look him directly in his eyes...just in time to hear his body shutting down and the lights in his eyes go out. It was very impactful for me.

10. Jedi Battlemaster Drallig

Jedi Battlemaster Drallig Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 23, 2017
    K2, a droid with more genuine humanity than half the humans starring--in a good way :) Absolutely loved him,

and for a second there thought he/it was voiced by Anthony Daniels haha

11. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    And Imperial snowtroopers, too.

13. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    the best movie cut would have been them surviving. o_O

14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    no.

Darth__Lobot and Gigoran Monk like this.
  15. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, I've gotta agree with "no" on this. Their deaths are powerful and meaningful, not done in a cheap way for attention or anything like that. They each make the ultimate sacrifice for the greater good, and it serves the story in the most powerful way possible.

16. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    It would have been equally powerful if 1 or 2 of them survived, but just much more uplifting. I just disagree that an ending with everyone dying is in any way powerful. It is just my opinion. [face_sigh]

17. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    K-2SO is such a wonderful addition to the Star Wars universe. I found it fascinating how they filmed Alan Tudyk and Alan was excellent. It had to be hard acting on stilts, and the voice and dialogue flavor were spot on.

I recently watched Rogue One with my brother and his girlfriend, who hadn't seen it yet. She LOVED K-2, and I was biting my lip and anticipating her reaction to his death. She cried "nooooooo!" and shed a tear.

My favorites moments:

-(VICIOUS bodyslam) Congratulations, you are being rescued. Please do not resist. (all in friendly tone)

-"Are you talking about ME?" K-2SO has self-respect.

-I thought I told you to wait on the ship? "YOU DID. But I thought it was boring and you were in trouble".

-When K-2 turns around and gets shot, then quickly grabs a blaster and fires back. His wound foreshadows his death on subsequent viewings.

18. Jim Smith

Jim Smith Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 5, 2017

Chirrut Imwe's death was very, very sad and powerful.

Darth__Lobot and Bor Mullet like this.
  19. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I liked him, sure, but none of the other deaths sparked an emotional reaction from me. Just K-2SO.

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So, will K2SO be in the new Cassian tv series?

Bossk_Baby likes this.
  21. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I imagine, because Cassian said he had to. :p

Bor Mullet and Force Smuggler like this.
  22. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, I'm hoping we get to see when Cassian reprogrammed K-2SO.

23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    If K2 is left out:

“Why does Cassian get a show, and I don’t?”

24. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    K2 is so funny. My favorite line of his was when he said he could survive in space. I LOLed at it last week when I watched the movie. [face_rofl]

Riv_Shiel and TCF-1138 like this.
  25. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I laughed. K-2SO said I had to.

:p