main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Shado Varmiri: Fan Club of the various Force Sects in the Galaxy

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth_Elu, Feb 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I'm hoping the nights of Ren are sorta like the Sorcerers of Rhand, because if my predictions from the trailer of Luke going with a more Grey philosophy are true, the philosophy of the Sorcerers of Rhand (the Dark) is a perfect foil for that.

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk

Darth_Elu likes this.
  2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    We shall see definitely. Personally, I don't think Luke is leaning more Grey. My opinion is that the quote was used out of context on purpose to be misleading and cause a shock of excitement throughout us fans. But it is highly possible, its an idea I've entertained like yourself.

The Sorcerers of Rhand would be a good foil, agree. Though they'd be rather chaotic then to some degree. lol

Mikaboshi and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  3. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Well judging by Kylo Ren's destructive outbursts, chaotic makes sense.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Knights of Ren. Slaves of dark passions, deaths of self that they may have the ultimate lasting and unwaining passion of all. . .self hate. From this which oft is brought great power and destructive outbursts when they see in or are reminded by others of this their hate. Channeled through all this in their loyalty and devotion to the leader of the Knights and his vision colored by their own zealotry.

5. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    That last sentence or two from your most recent post made me shiver in anticipation, Ktala. ;) :D

Meanwhile, I'm still thinking on what to do in the Rancor Pit. Was starting to get an idea of how to reply, when Kaleesh-Cyborg decided to switch things up on me. :p

6. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Oops. I would blame it on the Dark Side of the Force, but Grievance won't touch Force-anything with a 39.5-foot pole as of right now. I have an idea, but I will send you a PM.

Kev-Mas_Colcha and Darth_Elu like this.
  7. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Said you switched things up on me. Didn't say I disliked it, so no worries. ;) Plus that happens in combat. [face_mischief]

8. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Damn meddling Sith!

I think it can be said though that my post was pretty much made null and void by the interruption, and after your post, Elu, I'll just have a redo.

By the way. There's an actual term for the kind of sith alchemy that is Kev-Mas' cybernetic eyes. Mechu-deru.

9. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    *chuckles wickedly* I don't need the Force to enhance my meddling.

Darth_Elu and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  10. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    We do have thermal detonators though apparently. :p

For those interested, I'll finally be moving the game along and begin putting it on a more consistent schedule starting Friday or Saturday. Both Present and Past scenes. :)

Sinrebirth spacelady HanSolo29

Just a bump since you're the only ones who haven't replied to the last update for the past scene yet. :)

11. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Yes, the detonators...*plotting against the Wookiee for that unforeseen twist* I do not like being out-meddled...

Kev-Mas_Colcha and Darth_Elu like this.
  12. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *shakes fist @WookieeRage*

And to get back on topic…Personally, I keep thinking the Knights of Ren will simply be construed as a darker, more brutal version of the Imperial Knights myself. Must be the word 'knights' muddling my thinking. :p

And Gamiel, get in here! I know you like the smaller Force traditions too. ;) Feel free to supply a link so your thread in Lit can be connected to here as well. :)

Kev-Mas_Colcha and Gamiel like this.
  13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Oh, I do, sorry I am late did not know about this thread.

Will do: Beyond the big two: lesser Force traditions in the GFFA - http://boards.theforce.net/threads/beyond-the-big-two-lesser-force-traditions-in-the-gffa.50017024/

Here are my thoughts about them from the Beyond the big two thread, but they are only based on the Hero's Guide book to the old D20 RPG

They are like normal Jedi, except they dress in green, are all cowboy-cops and allow marriages and drinking on duty :p

Nothing big really, they don't have any trainer; they would be just like all the other Force sensitive Mandalorians out there.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  14. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    The Green Jedi are just the Corellian version of Jedi. They're almost like Grey Jedi in that they are more rebellious Jedi, except that they are still part of the Jedi Order and they still follow the Jedi Code, or rather their own interpretation of it.

15. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    "I seek the Truth and embody the Justice of The Force. I am One from many."

Darth_Elu likes this.
  16. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Ah. The first official member of the Shado Varmiri! Welcome, welcome Master Vo'Un'Var!

You know the drill due to affiliation with the Jedi and past dealings with the Sith. Go ahead and put 'Learner of the Shado Varmiri' in your sig as well as '0 Embers'.

*bows to give you the respect of being the first student* Tell me, Vo'Un'Var. For your first task, tell me:

What brings you to the Halls of the Varmiri? :)

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  17. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Knowledge, And I have always been fascinated by the Dathomir Witches, along with a few other force groups. I hope to learn much more as I venture through these halls, and I am afraid I do not have much to offer in terms of knowledge.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  18. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Knowledge, the eternal quest of Intellectuals. Very well. ;)

The Witches of Dathomir and their many clans are very fascinating and they got a lot of fleshing out in The Clone Wars (with some changes clearly made to old Legends lore, but that's ok), so I can understand the interest! It's quite alright if your knowledge is low otherwise on all the small groups, for knowledge is gained with an open mind. You seem to possess that and that is all the prerequisite you need.

I award you 1 Ember for your response, your very first and indeed the first I've ever given! :D

For your next task, go ahead and create a Varmiri Persona for yourself. It need not extend beyond a name, species, and very basic physical description at this time. :)

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  19. Dioskouros

Dioskouros Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2017
    my Force Vision roll, here goes

Darth_Elu likes this.
  20. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Lorvis Daronith
    Cyborg Zabrak
    Cyborg up to face, Wears black robes, Wields a Dark Saber.
    [​IMG]

Darth_Elu likes this.
  21. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *whistles Dioskouros* Now that is a nice roll! I'm pretty sure I can promise some good results with that. ;)

And very nice Master Vo'Un'Var. The image isn't showing up for me, but a lot of images don't on my work computer. Will have a look when I get home then. Nevertheless, take 3 Embers from me!

[face_thinking] I wonder how many Darksabers there are in existence with the NuCanon.

Master Vo'Un'Var and Dioskouros like this.
  22. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Well given how much they obsessed over it in Rebels I was under the impression there was only​one.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  23. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Honestly, I agree. Though I can accept it being perhaps stretched to a total of 3 or so.

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  24. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Maybe more can be made. They are just lightsabers after all

25. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Perhaps, but I don't view it as being so easy as 'just making more.' A black blade is something that should be, as it has all these years till now, viewed as something of a rarity to create. (As its no longer impossible clearly) Honestly, the dark saber being a memento of the Nightsisters or Blackguard makes more sense to me than the Mandalorians. (Blackguard being a stretch of course due to low visibility in Legends and NuCanon)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.