main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Plagueis: The Muun behind Damask

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth Xalfrea, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    He inherited everything from Plagueis. Like every Sith-Master did inherit from his master or vice-versa.

Other question:
    When Plagueis told Sidious at the beginning of his apprenticeship that as a human he lacks a good eyesight and good hearing and that his human body would be too fragile to withstand true punishment, does that mean that Plagueis is better in all three aspects of this?

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  2. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Probably. The Muuns aren't as though as the Yuuzhan Vong, for example, but a well-built one could be a menace. Plagueis had more than one heart, and he probably could see and hear better than humans.

Mikaboshi and Sudooku like this.
  3. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Would you please explain what was the attitude of the Empire towards the Muuns?

Thank you!

Mikaboshi likes this.
  4. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    In comparison to other alien species, Muuns were pretty much left alone during Imperial rule.
    The involvement of the Muuns in the IGBC probably had something do with that.

5. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    When I recall s.6 of TCW then I remember that the IGBC after the Rush-Clovis-Affair was put under direct supervision of the Supreme Chancellor himself. Maybe that step proved to be a disaster and thus Palpatine left Muunilinst and her dependencies on his own after TCW if not completely independent, when the IGBC was able to finance the rebel-alliance as well - another kept balance of the force together with Plagueis' creation from Tatooine, eh ;) .

6. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Good theory.

7. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Did anyone of you see the film "Arthur and the minimoys - 3" Maltizard reminds me here so much of Darth Plagueis. Especially in the end, where the Star Wars music is coming and he reveals himself to be the progenitor of Darkos who plays a Vader-like role in the film.
    [​IMG]

8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Hidalgo tweeted that, in canon, Scipio is the homeworld of the Muuns and Muunilinst is one of their colonies. Hidalgo also tweeted about San Hill and Clu Lesser, "One handles public deals. One less public." I wonder if this means we'll see Hego Damask of Scipio and his friend Larsh Lesser.

9. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Maybe that's why Hego preferred to be an "ordinary" member oft the IGBC, while Larsh Hill made the public deals.
    BTW: Do you know, what Plagueis meant when he told Sidious at Buoyant something like:
    "Most of my income is earned by rather unusual methods"?

Mikaboshi likes this.
  10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Plagueis seems to think that Nihilus and Sion are examples who should be followed as far as physical form goes:

pages 159-160:

"A Jedi sufficently strong in the Force can be trained to produce a fascimile, but not true Sith lightning, which, unabated, has the power not only to incapacitate or kill, but to physically transform the victim. Force lightning requires a strength of a sort only a Sith can command because we accept consequence and reject compassion. To do so requires a thirst for power that is not easily satisfied. The Force tries to resist the callings of ravenous spirits; therefore it must be broken and made a beast of burden. It must be made to answer to one's will."
    "But the Force cannot be treated deferentially," he added as a few final tendrils sparked from his fingertips. "In order to summon and use lightning properly, you will someday have to be on the receiving end of its power, as a means of taking the energy inside yourself."
    Sidious watched the last of the brush fires burn out, then asked, "Will I eventually be physically transformed?"
    "Into some aged, pale-skinned, raspy-voiced, yellow-eyed monster, you mean. Such as the one you see before you." Plagueis gestured to himself, then lowered himself to the ground. "Surely you are acquainted with the lore: King Ommin of Onderon, Darths Sion and Nihilus. Whether it will happen to you, I can't say. Know this, though, Sidious, that the power of the dark side does not debilitate the practitioner as much as it debiliates those who lack it." He grinned with evil purpose. "The power of the dark side is an illness no true Sith would wish to be cured of."

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. IG Lancer

IG Lancer Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 8, 2015
    More like he thinks the physical changes are a price worth to pay in exchange for the power of the Dark Side, I think. He doesn't WANT to be deformed and crippled, but he will accept it if the changes come as a consequence of Sith abuse of power...

Iron_lord likes this.
  12. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Do you think that Plagueis was also behind the crash in which Vidar Kim's wife and his two younger sons died? I didn't find something about it in the novel. Palpatine was at Malastaire that time. So while Plagueis knew about that, he couldn't plan to assassinate senator Kim at this time. Or was it to punish Kim for his hostile stance towards the Trade Federation and the Banking Clan? To nudge him to order? Or just an incident happening by chance?

13. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    One year ago I red somewhere here in this board that Darth Plagueis is the Donald Trump of Star Wars.

Thus: Congrats to whom it may concern.[face_flag]

14. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    Pablo Hidalgo got into a discussion about decanonisation of plagueis.

Key Points:

1. George's backstory for plagueis didn't line up with the book
    2. Luceno did not get the back story from Lucas, only the Muun or Neimodian suggestion came from lucas

The whole conversation > https://twitter.com/bonjabon/status/798573353426501633

15. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    DP a Neimoidian ~shudder~

16. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    The current incarnation of Plagueis stays around, I do hope.

17. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I heard Lucenowas very unhappy about the novel being decanonized. I am as well.

Sudooku and Darth_Elu like this.
  18. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    So many good things from the shift in canon. And so many bad. Still unsure what my overall opinion of it is yet.

19. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Hi,

Does anybody know what means the term "ornated monad" in relation to the embassy of Naboo at Coruscant?
    It is in the chapter "Days full of wine and impropriety", when Palpatine arrives at the embassy. The sentence is: "Dressed in a high collared cape and purple robes, Palpatine arrived at the ornate monad in company of Kinman Doriana, ..."

Is monad something architectural? I can't google an adequate meaning.

Secondly: Why does Palpatine use Plagueis' lightsaber while taking revenge on the Gran and Pax Teem at Malastare's embassy at Coruscant? Kind of symbolic for it was Plagueis who was wounded during the assassination attempt at the Canted Circle? Or was Plagueis' lightsaber just nearer to get on?

Thank you for your suggestions and explanations. :)

20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Best Star Wars book ever. Still can't get enough of the Wise Guy. ;)

DarthMarly and AplagueOnTheWise like this.
  21. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Over the last two months I read the Darth-Plagueis-novel as a lullaby for my oldest son. When it came yesterday before to the scene, where Sidious is killing his master, my son fell into sleep just when Plagueis closed his eyes to take an unvoluntarily nap. So I had to make a break until next night. Yesterday finally I read the second part of the scene. After Plagueis was dead my son said: “Poor Plagueis! He had to endure all those sore speeches of Sidious before dying finally“.

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I read an amusing fan-fic where Plagueis, sensing that Palpatine is going to kill him, replaces himself with an illusion, watches as Palpatine attacks the illusion, and then Force-chokes Palpatine to death.

23. DarthMarly

DarthMarly Jedi Master star 1

May 10, 2010
    I adore Plagueis! I just went through the novel a second time, now on audible. So insightful.

I do have a question, and perhaps I missed it in the thread, so my apologies, but can someone please tell me what happened to 114D? I'm working on a Vader versus Sidious fanfic right now, and I wanted to use this character. I know in fanfic you do not necessarily need to stay in canon (for whatever canon means at this point), but I wonder if I missed something with the droid. Wookiepedia is not terribly helpful with this character.

Thanks!

24. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Palpatine becomes his owner, and he appears again in Tarkin, living at the old Jedi Temple that has become the Imperial Palace.

DarthMarly likes this.
  25. DarthMarly

DarthMarly Jedi Master star 1

May 10, 2010
    darkspine10

Thank you very much! Looks like he is a bit undeveloped after Palpatine takes over...yay! I'll need to go back and take a look at Tarkin. Read it when it first came out, but haven't gone back.

Again, your help much appreciated!

darkspine10 likes this.