main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by MrMojoRisin, Mar 10, 2017.

1. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Anyone play this? A friend of mine got me into it and I'm addicted. It's for android devices. Pretty darn good game.

2. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    I can't put it down. I can't believe no one here plays it.

Jarren_Lee-Saber and J7Luke like this.
  3. Darth Rozic

Darth Rozic Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    I play it all the time. Unfortenatly my guild shut down so now I'm guildless

Jarren_Lee-Saber and J7Luke like this.
  4. J7Luke

J7Luke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 30, 2017
    I play too! There is a thread already going about it, but it is dead. I personally love the game, and I think it is well-balanced, original, not too much of a cash grab for a freemium, and not terribly time consuming. It is the only Star Wars app I have played that feels like Star Wars and not a generic app with a Star Wars veneer. Here is my ally code if anyone wants to ally with me: 922-314-697.

Also, check out this hilarious thread on the SW:GOH forums.

MrMojoRisin, Yoda's_Roomate, Darth Rozic

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Darth Rozic like this.
  5. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Lucky me I signed with the Lord Skunk people who formed a bunch of guilds when guilds started up. Then it broke up and now we were renamed Alliance or something like that. I dont pay much attention to that I just know I play with the same people as before. This is our website:

http://www.thealliancegaming.com/

Im sure somewhere there's a link to apply for membership if anyone's interested. Its like a league of a bunch of guilds. My guild right now is farming Heroic AAT (already got my General Kenobi).

Personally, I'm working on a Zaul team. Right now I have Zaul (gear 10), Zavage (gear 10), Palp (gear 10), Nihilus (4 stars, gear 10) and I'm gearing up Sith Trooper (4 stars, gear 8).

I'm F2P but every 3 months or so a buy a small amount of crystals to keep up.

J7Luke likes this.
  6. MrMojoRisin

Jun 20, 2005
    Looks like they're adding Grand Admiral Thrawn this week.

J7Luke likes this.
  7. J7Luke

Jan 30, 2017
    Yeah, but you have to have Phoenix Squadron starred and geared to get him. :_|

8. MrMojoRisin

Jun 20, 2005
    That's what I was afraid of. I guess I won't be getting him.

Mistress_Renata and J7Luke like this.
  9. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Yeah, I refuse to spend real money on virtual gear...learned the hard way with the Sims. So I just putter along, leveling everyone up as I can rather than buying CRYSTALS! THE SPECIALSUPERAMAZINGPACKOFVILLAINSOFTHEWEEK!

I didn't get Thrawn either. I'm trying to unlock more Jawas for the Mod challenges. I've only got 2.

J7Luke likes this.
  10. J7Luke

Jan 30, 2017
    Same! I am hardcore f2p on SWGOH, and it turns out it isn't that bad as long as you aren't chasing meta. Right now I'm putting the finishing touches on my mediocre Rebels squad (for the EP event) and then I'm going to start work on my Resistance team for those speed mods.

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  11. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Yup. Let the Russians take the top spot. I mostly put in a half an hour while I'm stuck on the train commuting to work. ;)

Resistance team def. needs some juice; my Rebels are the strongest. Biggs, Wedge, and the Scarif Pathfinder are punching above their weight.

J7Luke likes this.
  12. J7Luke

Jan 30, 2017
    Lol, yeah, going for top 10 would be a headache. I usually play during my boring lecture classes, which helps the time pass. I just got Wiggs to 7* the other day, and they are pretty awesome. I'm trying to get some mods for them.

13. Forge'd

Forge'd Jedi Knight

Jan 20, 2014
    My Ally Code: 433-254-675.

MrMojoRisin likes this.
  14. MrMojoRisin

Jun 20, 2005
    I've never bought anything on there. I usually save up my crystals until I can buy the big pack and open it. I've got some great teams.

J7Luke likes this.
  15. J7Luke

Jan 30, 2017
    I use to save up for the big pack, but recently I started spending crystals on cantina energy instead. You can farm specific characters faster that way. I'm still developing my teams, but I'm pretty proud of my Rex. He's 7* G11, and he is awesome.

16. MrMojoRisin

Jun 20, 2005
    Not a bad idea. I've been trying to build up my clones. So far they're probably my 3rd best team.

J7Luke likes this.
  17. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Curious: do you all try to max up 1-2 characters at a time, or do you try to bring everyone along at the same pace?

J7Luke likes this.
  18. J7Luke

Jan 30, 2017
    Great question! What I try and do is keep one team maxed out for arena and general use. They are first priority on everything: gear, shards, credits, mods, etc. If they are all maxed out or close to maxed out, I then work on additional characters that will benefit me for different events.
    For example, my go to team is Rex (L), Vader, Boba, QGJ, and SH Han. Not a super-great team as far as synergy goes, but it does pretty well at the level I'm at. Once I got them maxed, I farmed Lando to max and two other scoundrels to 5*s. That way I could beat credit/droid heist events with Boba, Lando, SH Han. After that, I realized I had 2 and a half rebels (thanks to the Ackbar freebie), so I farmed Wiggs (Wedge + Biggs, a power duo at mid-levels) and finished off Ackbar to get my rebel team maxed, so now I can get Emperor Palpatine during the next event. Now I'm either going to build a Sith team or a Resistance team, I haven't decided which.
    There are a few benefits to having multiple maxed teams: you can do more damage in raids, you can get way farther in GW, mod farming requires specific teams, and different events require specific teams. As a side note, you always want to keep your ship pilots upgraded, as the character stats heavily influence the actual ship stats.

TL;DR You need a main team, but it is also important to begin work on faction teams (Rebels, Sith, Jedi, Empire, Resistance, Jawa, Ewok, Clones, etc.) for later in the game. Make sure your main team gets priority of your resources, and spend any surplus on a specific group of characters for a secondary team.

p.s. I am curious to see your profile, is it possible you could link your swgoh.gg account?

Here is mine: https://swgoh.gg/u/j7luke/
    My main squad is on the first page.

The scoundrel squad I mentioned is here: https://swgoh.gg/u/j7luke/collection/?f=scoundrel

And the rebel squad I mentioned is here: https://swgoh.gg/u/j7luke/collection/?f=rebel

19. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I don't think I have one... I don't remember signing up for it. I really have no clue what I'm doing, I just keep filling in the little boxes with the green plusses! LOL... But I'm trying to figure out whether to get all my 7* characters maxed out, or to bring the rest up. Maybe a little of both?

Wiggs are my power couple at the moment, but I can't crack Level 9 in light or darkside yet. I'm trying to kick up teams for the mod challenges, although I'm still shaky on how the mods help. I hadn't seen that board you linked to; I'm going to have to study it carefully, especially the ship stats. Thank you for telling me about it; it will give me an idea on who to focus on. Teebo seems to have a lot more potential than I gave him credit for!

J7Luke likes this.
  20. J7Luke

Jan 30, 2017
    Happy to help! I definitely recommend making a swgoh.gg account; it is free and really easy to set up. It makes it easy to see your characters and stuff and also easy to share your account with others.

As far as your questions about what to do with your 7* characters, I would say max out any viable or important ones first, and then start farming shards for other important characters. There is no point in investing gear into mediocre 7* characters when you can get way better 7* characters in just a week or two. The reason why I say this is because there is a major gear crunch around gear level IX. Around that point, most characters need raid gear, which takes forever to get, and you don't want to waste it on a character you rarely use.

Mods are super important, they boost the stats of your character. Depending on what character you are modding, you use different mods. For example, if you are modding a character that needs to land critical hits to be effective, you want to give him Crit. Chance mods. But if you are modding characters that have important abilities, you want to give them speed mods. (Speed mods are the name of the game right now, so definitely hang on to any you get your hands on.) Here is a helpful website for modding if you are interested: http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Mods/Advisor

You are right about Teebo, he is a great character for raids. Plus, I think ewoks are going to be getting some attention over the next month or so.

Lastly, as far as ships go, I would definitely recommend getting Slave I, Vader's TIE, Biggs' X-Wing, and the Jedi Consular Starfighter. If you already have Boba, Vader, Biggs, and JC starred and geared, those ships will be really helpful. And ships are important to invest in, you can get tons of great characters from the ship store, and, more importantly, the extremely valuable zeta materials.

Some of my advice might be pretty obvious, but I'm not 100% sure where you are at in the game. In other words, sorry if some of this seems simple. I hope that website helps! Let me know if you ever make an account so I can check out your team.

21. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I've got the ships, mostly 5*, but I need to * up Boba & Slave I (just unlocked that).

EA thinks I'm Level 85, but that's more by chance... I play like a kid: "What does THIS do? Oh." I think I need to be more scientific. Speed mods mean I need to kick up the Resistance Team; I've never gotten them through one of the Mod challenges.

J7Luke likes this.
  22. MrMojoRisin

Jun 20, 2005
    swgoh.gg is great if you play this. My ally code is 667-615-174 if anyone wants to add me or look me up.

J7Luke likes this.
  23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Mine is 819-288-754.

MrMojoRisin and J7Luke like this.
  24. J7Luke

Jan 30, 2017
    Darth_Furio likes this.
  25. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Territory battles sounds interesting, although I'm still not clear on how it works. So... will see!

J7Luke likes this.