main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Forces of Destiny - Episode 4: The Padawan Path Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jul 5, 2017.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    First Rey, then Leia. Next up.... more Leia? Or will it be time for a different badass lady to shine?

2. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Maybe the Leia and Hera one?

3. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    I guess Ahsoka this time XD

4. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    I think that its going to be Leia on Hoth.

5. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    And you are correct!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Uh, spoilers? [face_plain]

7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    This sounds promising.

8. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I am guessing this is where we see that braid come into play?

9. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    So the formula seems to be
    heroine + cute sidekick (droid / ewok) do something

They had a sort of "forces of destiny" thing going on with Rey. The Leia one seemed to break the theme.

10. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I think it's still about small moments that defines who they are as a character.

11. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Sorry for double post

Diego Lucas likes this.
  12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    These episodes keep getting better and better!

Lovely to see Ahsoka, Anakin and Yoda again. Not to mention Coruscant!

This was my favorite so far - but I've said that for every new episode. I hope it continues to improve even more! :D

13. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Where's Anakin's scar?

14. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    I liked this little Ahsoka short. Does anyone have a general idea of when in the TCW timeline this takes place?

15. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, Ahsoka has two lightsabers in it, which she doesn't have until the second half of the third season of TCW if I recall correctly. So maybe around half-way through her time as a padawan?

16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The artwork is fantastic. Loved the look of the Jedi Temple and the tree.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Nice to see Coruscant again and another cute little story about bravery and compassion.

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Now that I think about, the artwork reminds me of the Assassin's Creed Chronicles series. Water colour-esque art style was fantastic in that game series, but I wonder if this is where LucasFilms got the idea from?

19. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Ahsoka's character design looks great, I'm not so fond of Anakin's though. Yoda looks ok I guess.

revan772 likes this.
  20. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    We know it takes place after the mid point of season 3 as Ahsoka didn't have that design until then. I'm guessing sometime around season 4.

21. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    Each episode is better than the last one.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  22. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

Yeah it's pretty obvious that much more time has been put into the main character of each toy advert episode. The rest is very basic and cheaply made.

23. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Personally I'm going to put this short between season 3 and 4. Maybe the ceremony is a sort of award after Ahsoka's heroics during Wookie Hunt ;)

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked this one a lot. Good throwback to TCW.

Looks like they were going for Hayden's ROTS look for Anakin, as opposed to the boxier look from the show.

I had not given much thought to the timeline and it's a bit confusing because Ahsoka did not have that design until season 4 but she had her Padawan braid in season 2, since Cad Bane snapped it off?

The confusion did not detract from my enjoyment though.

Nice Wizard of Oz "I'm melting, I'm melting" moment with Ahsoka cutting the pipes and letting the water drown the magnaguard.

cwustudent and fett 4 like this.
  25. TheSithWriter

TheSithWriter Jedi Master

Aug 7, 2003
    Like I've said, I love seeing this little story gap fillers (as a writer, I am big on continuity), and showing the interesting stuff that happens 'off-camera' of the movies and/or other series. I wasn't crazy about Anakin's design though.

I need to remember not to read comments on YouTube though. Seems like all they do is hem and haw about 'everything wrong', which is a good quick way to put me in a bad mood.

If Disney ever asked hardcore SW fans who else they'd like to see on this though, I'd say Stacy (Pink Five). If she was good enough to be included in the Legends timeline books, she's good enough for the new timeline. I always include the Pink Five series when I binge watch Star Wars. (Although Pink Five Strikes Back had a couple story continuity issues)

26. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I think she got an extension for her braid, not the braid itself in this episode. Like a "you are now ready for Phase 2 of you Padawan-ness" or something. I might be wrong though.