main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What would you do with $500 million dollars?

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Spirit of the Wolf, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Spirit of the Wolf

Spirit of the Wolf Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2015
    For all of us in the USA that are familiar with the Powerball lottery, the jackpot got up to $500 million dollars today. I got my tickets. Hope I win something.

What would you do with that much money if you won the jackpot?

Me, I'd get a new car and a house, and split some of it up amongst my parents and my siblings, and probably invest the rest.

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    That's much... I think it would be the usual stuff about house, car, holidays, presents and giving some of it to people in need.

3. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    I would take care of my family and good friends, give away a lot to my favorite charities, and then spend the rest of my life traveling, traveling, traveling!!!

4. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Take over the world. [face_devil] Joking aside, I would pretty much do the same thing as Pensivia.

Pensivia likes this.
  5. Sokolniki

Sokolniki Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2014
    Buy me an M18 Hellcat Tank Destroyer, switch out the engine with something that has a little more oomph and put on better suspension, make it street legal and proceed to get a speeding ticket with it on an interstate just to see the look on the cop's face when he realizes that he just pulled a "tank" over for going 70 in a 50mph zone.

Twinnie likes this.
  6. Naeriel

Naeriel Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2015
    I'd probably split it between my parents, boyfriend, and just giving it away.
    I might be greedy and buy a home with it, but I know all of the above need it more than myself and I haven't done **** to deserve it in life. Might as well give forth to who does.

7. Rodrigo Alves

Rodrigo Alves Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2015
    Danm i would buy my city! hahaha a Dollar is four times my local money

Pensivia likes this.
  8. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Pay off the mortgage, go on a holiday, buy 2 new cars and then live off the interest :)

9. ScavengerTrashRey

ScavengerTrashRey Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2016
    Buy small bungalow house and all entire Star Wars set on blu-ray :p :)

Chancellor Yoda and Skiara like this.
  10. 72Princess1

72Princess1 President - NR star 4

Feb 27, 2015
    Donate to my favorite local charities, put enough aside/invest for my kid's futures, and take care of my brother and his family.

And I would travel. Well.

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I think an own house is on the top 3 list for most people. ;)

Nothing about SW, 72Princess1? ;)

12. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Buy a house, set up my business, maybe direct a small indie film for a couple million, give some of it to my parents, and invest in for the future. As far as charity work, is look into animal preservation.

Chancellor Yoda and Skiara like this.
  13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Sadly, it's not enough to save the world completely.

14. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I'd buy an island, stock up on liquor and guns, and probably never be seen again.

15. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Pay off all my family's debts, get a really nice car, get all Star Wars and Star Trek movies and TV episodes on DVD, take a road trip to visit my aunt Molly in Arizona, go to Ireland, donate to PBS, go out to eat at Red Lobster, and after I've done all that, not necessarily in that order, put the rest in the bank and live comfortably for the rest of my life, travelling and eating out as desired.

BookExogorth likes this.
  16. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    I would move to Cat Island in Japan and live in heavenly bliss.

And then I would die, because I'm allergic to cats.

17. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Take care of family and close friends, buy a nice home and a couple cars. Put the rest in the bank and let the interest pay for my living expenses for the rest of my life, as well as monthly contributions to various charities. Since I don't have plans of having children, I would put in my will that anything that remains is given in full to charity upon my death, or in some research project like Parkinson's disease research or whatever. And if I am successful at living just off the interest, the "anything that remains" would be a whole lot.

Pensivia and Anakin.Skywalker like this.
  18. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    Violent Violet Menace

Living off the interest is a good idea. That way you sort of "limit" yourself (to save your sanity) and you still have plenty left over.

This will be me on Cat Island, but with cats:

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  19. TK42I

TK42I Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 23, 2003
    With $500 million, I would buy Easter Island off Chile and build more statues but in the shape of Stormtroopers instead. I would create an awesome tourist economy and build a complete Star Wars theme park with Hotels and Star Wars community like in Sim City... ...actually, I would also create a Star Wars Sim City game (but this is another project).

http://www.news.com.au/travel/world...o/news-story/759899743cb5b25331ff41910aa4aaf8

Pensivia and Anakin.Skywalker like this.
  20. meghan mann

meghan mann Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2017
    I'd open animal and wildlife sanctuaries and buy up dairy farms and ranches, save wild horses.
    So guess 500M won't get me far :(

21. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep, 500mio will help with the "little" dreams, but won't heal the world and its problems.

("Little" just meant in comparision. 500mio is not that little, of course. ;) )

22. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I'd do my civic duty by cleaning up that big trash island in the ocean. Ships, personnel, it would be a big undertaking, but I'd fund it. I have close trusted ties to the maritime industry that I could employ to oversee it.

Maybe help with employing mercenaries to get rid of animal poachers.

After that, just help out family and close friends, while being careful not to get taken advantage of.

Then just live a life of chillin and travelling and going to conventions all over the place.

23. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    I would give much of it to charities/foundations and research. I would also give to people I care for and trust.
    But to be honest, I would then immediately do what I have always wanted to do if I was filthy rich: find someone who builds secret passageways.
    I would hope that I would live generously, giving to many.

Pensivia likes this.
  24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    MotivateR5D4, that would be a great thing to do!! But do you think that 500million will be enough. I'd fear that it's just a tiny bit that is needed. At least, if one watches the prices for buildings or other projects build/ordered/ planned by countries.
    But still, it would be great!

25. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    Blow it all in 30 days with nothing to show for it so I could get the full $5 billion.