main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Clone Commander Cassius

Clone Commander Cassius Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2016
    what would have happened had Mace succeeded in killing Palpatine?

well first off Anakin would most likely explode into a fit of inconsolable rage, thus Mace would have to then fight off Anakin. if he beats Anakin and kills him too, how would Mace explain being the only survivor of everything that just happened? and who would believe him?

if Anakin kills Mace, how does Anakin explain being the only survivor of everything that just happened? and who would believe him?
    with Palpatine killed, who becomes ruler? does Mas Amedda become a regent of sorts until such time the Senate can elect a new ruler, or does Mas Amedda himself become the new Chancellor?

in other words what happens if:
    A - Mace is the sole survivor of everything
    B - if Anakin is the sole survivor of everything

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  2. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Well, Anakin would be in deeper trouble as he had just killed a revered Jedi Master. In the first scenario, Mace kills Anakin and all he has to do is say, "He lost his mind, he let his feelings cloud his judgement and he attacked me. I had no choice but to defend myself."

3. Clone Commander Cassius

Clone Commander Cassius Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2016
    true, it'd be easy for Mace to explain killing Anakin, and being a highly revered Jedi with a long history of service to the Republic, he would be easily believed - not to mention he'd actually be telling the truth. but how then does he describe the killing of Palpatine? what were he (Mace) and the others doing there in the first place? how does he explain that to the Senate?

And also with Palpatine dead in this scenario, who takes over as ruler of the Republic? or do they wait until such time they can elect a new one? and if so who becomes Chancellor between that time?

4. Sithblade11

Sithblade11 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 12, 2013
    Not seen this discussed but if you go on the JW Rinzler website and look on his blog. He is currently telling of his time of joining Lucasfilm. The latest one mentions his encounters with Rick McCallum.

The blog will be updated until he left Lucasfilm in December 2015.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jester J Binks likes this.
  5. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
  6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Going into the catch-all random content thread.

7. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    Does anyone else just make the Clone Wars a decade-long period in their head canon?

It has made my enjoyment easier to stop having to pretend that all of Anakin's life as Jedi between AOTC and ROTS was like 3 years, that Ahsoka's entire apprenticeship to him was like 3 years, that Anakin was in his earliest of 20s still when he became Vader....by just letting it be about a decade it's all the more satisfying: Anakin was indeed a full-on Jedi Knight for a substantial amount of time, Ahsoka's training was truncated but not the blink of an eye that 3 years is, the time during which the Wars themselves take place seems more realistic....just me??

-T

8. SharkFighter2.0

SharkFighter2.0 Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2017
    Why is c-3P0 not a Jedi master at the end of the film

Tanjint likes this.
  9. Sithblade11

Sithblade11 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 12, 2013
    His blog yesterday got up to the ROTS filming and there were some negative stuff about Ewan, Natalie not enjoying it so much. The cast go along with Lucas's idea's with not the greatest of enthusiasm.

One of the cast had to be threatened with legal action as they'd refused to do the photo scanning for the merchandise.

But not long after it was up the whole blog has now been removed from his website!

So far nothing has been said why it's suddenly gone.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

10. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    I feel the relatively* short period is what helps make it all the more tragic. As well as Anakins youth - which lends credence to his rash decision making in a pinch. Here was this powerful young man with enormous potential, but it was all cut short too soon.

Besides, bringing in The Clone Wars series, he (and Ahsoka) went on almost countless adventures. Dude had to have accomplished in 3 years what most Jedi before the war accomplished in 10. At least outwardly speaking. Forget Order 66, 10 years of doing what they were doing, they would've died from exhaustion.

Also, would Palpatine really want to drag the war out for 10 years? And do you think Anakin or Padme would've or could've hid their marriage that long? Another part of the tragedy is that their duties during the war kept them apart a fair amount of the time. 3 years was already beginning to take its toll on thier marriage...

*3 years in a war is quite a bit. Fwiw. Especially for a Padawan in their mid-teens.

Tanjint likes this.
  11. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    Double post

Tanjint likes this.
  12. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    I think the best factoid in your argument's favor is Anakin's relative youth making his conversion seem more feasible....to me this is just somewhat undermined by his 5 seasons as a father figure to Ahsoka but I see what you're saying. Good point about the marriage too....sigh... haha

also....awesome handle!

-T

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If Shmi did not die would Anakin have still turned?

14. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    In attack of the Clones, Count Dooku says to Obi-Wan, "What if I told you the senate is now controlled by a Dark Lord of the Sith?" and then he asks Obi-Wan to join him to root that Sith Lord out.

So if Obi-Wan joined Dooku, would Dooku tell Obi-Wan: It's the chancellor, he's the Sith Lord.

Or was it some sort of plan by Sidious: Dooku, get Obi-Wan to trust you and get rid of my enemies? Tell him Mon Mothma is the Dark Lord?

Or would Dooku betray Sidious, using the Jedi to destroy his Master and take over Sith Masterhood and take Obi-Wan as his Sith apprentice?

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Moving to the central "what if?" thread for discussion.

16. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Possibly not, though I imagine Sidious would've found some other way to circumvent this if he really wanted Anakin for his apprentice.

I imagine it would've played out just like Vader's vision with Luke -- join Dooku, learn the Dark Arts for a while while helping him secure the Separatists strength. Then, when ready, they would take on Palpatine.

17. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
  18. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Anyone know which deleted scene this is from..?
    [​IMG]

Master_Rebado likes this.
  19. Moon Labutto

Moon Labutto Jedi Knight

Mar 29, 2016
    Then why didn't his species use these abilities as a whole during the battle of Naboo?

20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I've been rethinking the PT in a fanfic kind of way, but I haven't written a story, it's more a rough outline. Is there a thread here called "Reimaging the PT"? I don't want to sound like a hater, but I know a lot of people aren't happy with certain parts of the PT, and I don't want to create a negative thread. I'm just looking for a thread where other like minded people could discuss how they would "rewrite" or "reimage" the PT if given the opportunity. Thanks!

21. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Has any reason been given for why Plo Koon still flies a Delta-7 Interceptor in ROTS instead of the Eta-2 ? Is it because he's been siegeing for a while, and hasn't had time to upgrade?

22. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Maybe it's just his personal preference?

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Maybe they forgot? :p

24. ss640

ss640 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2017
    Anyone know the history between Talzin/Dooku and Talzin/Sith (Other than Sidious betraying her and taking Maul ofc) bc in this scene Dooku says 'I believe the old alliance could be what it once was only you would have to pledge alliance to the seperatists' and Talzin saying 'long ago you helped me' to Dooku? I wonder if theres any canon material on that. Talzin was such a cool and interesting character, shame we never got to see her 1v1 someone other than Windu, which was only for like 10 seconds but still looked epic.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    There is no canon material of Talzin outside Dark Disciples and TCW.