main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Obi-Wan Movie Possible?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by jkarateking, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I bet they'll announce a Kenobi film helmed by Ron Howard!

2. CosmicDust

CosmicDust Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 16, 2017
    I don't think they'll be announcing an Obi-Wan movie until after TLJ has come out or IX because the voice over in Rey's force vision was a bit bizarre. Obi-Wan is speaking directly to her when no one else was, Ewan voiced the "these are your first steps" special for it but received no context for it. I won't be surprised if Obi-Wan ties into the ST somehow in a greater way and that's why LF is reluctant to say anything about an Obi-Wan standalone.

3. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Personally, I hope there is no Kenobi movie. I want the canon left alone when it comes to him. Leave him as a hermit on Tatooine watching over Luke. The Rebels cartoon has already pushed the limits of disrupting the existing canon by having Obi-Wan dispatch Maul, and with his interaction with Ezra. They need to leave it be. I'm all for expanding or enhancing the existing canon, just not when it comes to Obi-Wan and what has been established in the original trilogy.

4. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Well...

TCF-1138 likes this.
  5. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    That's... good news.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  6. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I'm glad they're making an Obi Wan movie, I feel there is a lot to explore about him. We may even see him falling in love, possibly tying into the theory that he is related to Rey.

While that is a bit of a stretch, there are plenty of threats, Imperial or otherwise, that he could face in the movie, besides Darth Maul of course.

7. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
  8. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I mean...are they? I can't find any info about it on Wikipedia, and this forum (and The Star Wars Show :yoda: ) is my only other source of news.

9. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    See the main Star Wars Wikipedia article

10. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    To clarify:

The Hollywood Reporter and Variety both claim that LFL are "in early talks" with Stephan Daldry to direct a Kenobi standalone. There is currently no script, and the film is in early development.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  11. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    It's no wonder why I didn't consider this anything official. The folks at THR do have good info, but I'll wait for official confirmation.

No script yet? There are tons of situations they could put Obi-Wan into, that haven't already been explored in The Clone Wars or Rebels.

12. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

Yeah, but there's no way that both of those publications are reporting - with a name attached no less - without it being the truth. Sure, things COULD change - which is why there isn't official word yet - but at this point it's safe money that the next standalone after Han Solo is Obi-Wan.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  13. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    I Love Sand: A Star Wars Story