main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Looking for Fics?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jeditheskyisblue, Jan 25, 2004.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Happiness! Thanks. :D

Fels_Hammer and Chyntuck like this.
  2. Chugster

Chugster Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2017
    Just wondering if anyone finished off the Commando stories?

I know the author listed the story arcs she had planned but I wondered if anyone has fleshed them out?

This was my favourite series from the EU and I was very annoyed when she quit and even more annoyed with the people in charge didnt let anyone finish the series.

3. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I don't know. Maybe Karen Traviss did have some kind of outline. If so, she's not going to share it. For one thing, it may still be under some kind of NDA, or maybe even it's just professional conduct that would prevent the author from disseminating said outline.

Anyway, I don't think anyone wrote any Fanfiction for the post 501st novel era. I know there was probably some kind of fanfic featuring Etain Tur Mukan and Darman, as they were probably a popular ship for a while. However, since the 2012 Jedi Council Forum move, I don't think anyone wrote anything.

4. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Chugster, You might find a better answer in the Literature forum, unless you are specificially looking for someone who is writing fanfiction based on these novels. This forum is strictly for fanfiction.

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  6. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Should we actually have a Fanfic request thread in the resources? Or would the Plot bunny thread already be serving that purpose?

7. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    We do have two threads for that, actually:

Looking for fics? – a place where your fellow users can remind you about fics you read and forgot
    Recommendations Thread – a thread to ask your fellow users to recommend fics about a specific character/theme/event/etc.

Chugster I can't remember seeing any such story, but you can check the master index of fics here to see if there's anything of interest to you.

DARTH_MU likes this.
  8. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    I'm actually thinking along the lines of:

Please won't someone write a _______ fic! Please! Please! Pretty please. I'll give you cookies. kind of thing.

Chyntuck likes this.
  9. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Sith-I-5 and DARTH_MU like this.
  10. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm merging this with the Looking for Fics thread as it is the more appropriate place Chugster

Gamiel likes this.
  11. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007

I know of one on FFNET that's a pretty good AU. It's a WIP and hasn't been updated in a couple of years because the author is super busy right now but I am sure they would be thrilled to get reviews.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9258335/1/True-Brothers

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    http://www.karentraviss.com/page22/files/How_would_you_have_wrapped_u101.html

13. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Yay, Scout remains a Jedi!
    :cheer:

14. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    Anyone remember reading a Dark Empire fan-fiction in novel-form? I would love to dig it up sometime because it's what the comic would've been had they done a novel of it too. (One of the most frustrating things in Legends was they never made it a novel, and it got alluded to in a lot of works, particularly the Jedi Academy Trilogy.)

Also, I remember reading a Revenge of the Sith fan-fiction too. It came out before the movie came out and was posted in the Episode III Spoilers section back in the day. However it was not a straight-up adaptation. Some things were slightly changed or added. We get into Count Dooku's head several times while Anakin and Obi-Wan are still in space. That Shaak Ti is involved in the rescue attempt is very prevalent. Anakin fights Count Dooku on the Invisible Hand alone because Obi-Wan gets separated and has to fight General Grevious. The Council is upset at Anakin because he killed Count Dooku. When I saw Episode III and learned of the Making Of, I was surprised because that seems something like the Council would do but was never in the movie or the making of. It was very good.

I don't remember much after the Battle of Coruscant (either because there wasn't more, or because I didn't read it), but it would give the highly-praised Stover novel a run for its money

15. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    I am actually looking for that fanfic novelization of Dark Empire. Have a link, by chance, or know where I can find it?

EDIT: Found it

Still wondering on the RotS adaptation

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  16. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I've been trying to find some Episode II/III speculation fanfics before the movies came out.
    I was looking in this thread from 2001 http://boards.theforce.net/threads/fanfic-trailers-add-on.3604701/page-3
    And I found a poster by the name of @Darth Geist who was advertising "Episode II: Blood of Heroes." Did this fanfic ever exist? There's a link at the bottom:
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=3719518&start=3721404]EPISODE[/URL] II: THE BLOOD OF HEROES So I assume it did at one point, but the link doesn't work.

Also, one poster @Mr. P had a complete fanfic called "Episode II: The Facade of Amidala." There was also another one called "Episode III: The Chosen" but it seems like it was never completed. Was that one ever completed?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
  18. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    @Deliveranze - We moved forum hosts in 2012 and due to a glitch everything got truncated to 10,000 characters which greatly affected fanfic. Some authors that are still around have gone in and fixed their posts, but a lot of the older stories weren't.
    To change an old link (from our previous boards) to a new link see THIS thread.

The Blood of Heroes looks to be even older and is on the Classic JC board, which is before even my time. You can find it HERE, but it is truncated.

Your best bet is probably to look for these stories on other fanfic mediums (fanfiction.net is probably the best bet for older fics, but LiveJournal isn't a bad idea either.) or use the wayback machine.

Edit: Ninja'd by Daena.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  19. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    @DaenaBenjen42 @mavjade

Thank you both! Really appreciate it. :)

Also thank you mavjade for giving me pointers about links and other fanfic sites. I'm pretty new to this section of the forum, so it's definitely needed. :p

20. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    @Deliveranze There's a complete backup of The Blood of Heroes on the Wayback Machine, you can read it here.

Deliveranze likes this.
  21. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    @Deliveranze Hello. One possibility is contacting the author who, in great good luck, may have a copy of his/her story and be gracious to repost, even after years.[face_good_luck] At least, I enjoyed an excellent repost of two fics by the estimable @GuerreStellari a few years back.:)

Deliveranze likes this.
  22. ekrolo2

ekrolo2 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    Is there a fic that makes the original version of Return of the Jedi happen where there's no second Death Star, Han being killed off and Luke going somberly on his own in gunslinger fashion?

23. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    That stuff doesn't even exist in the first draft of the film. But who knows? :p

pronker likes this.
  24. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Does anyone know about fanfic's where Obi-Wan turns out to be the chosen one? I've read 3-4 stories with that type of plot in fanfiction.net but I assume there could be more.

25. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005