main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion You Know You're a Fan Fiction Writer When...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dev_Binks, Jul 29, 2004.

1. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    When you dine in the Moroccan pavilion and you think this is like a Raissa Baiard story (I kid you not).

2. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    ...when you're stuck because ALL of the mothers who are in the next scene want to parent a 40-something year old man because he did something really dumb. (This... I going to blame Animal Planet for that Zoo plot bunny...)

3. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    When you get bored and start playing in Azalea's Dolls, making the children of your OTP. Who aren't married yet. One of whom isn't even old enough to be married yet.

But they're going to have some great looking kids. :D Someday...

Ewok Poet, Sith-I-5 and Findswoman like this.
  4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I've done this with the Sims. [face_blush]

5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Here is mine for the day: when you're on vacation with your family and one of the places you visit reminds you strongly of the alien landscapes described in a friend's fanfic story. No, I didn't mix up the order there: it's not the fanfic landscape that reminded me of some RL landscape I saw (though it's so vividly written that it could have), but the RL landscape that reminded me of this particular specific fanfic landscape—so much so that it's become my mental image for the story in question. @};-

Raissa Baiard, Ewok Poet and Gamiel like this.
  6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

Been there, done that - Buenos Aires will eternally be Corellia for me... In the market, I found a water colour I really wish I'd purchased of a house covered in wildflowers - it's my OC's family home.

Ewok Poet, Findswoman and Gamiel like this.
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Can I ask what landscape you saw?

Findswoman likes this.
  8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    It was the absolutely stunning Garden of the Gods nature park outside Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA, renowned for its spectacular rock formations. I think it might be against the rules for me to name the story here, but you'd like it—it's very fanon-rich. :)

9. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    When you read some Avatar fanfiction and you, as a Star Wars fan, suddenly find yourself contemplating the mental gymnastics that a noob to the Avatar program would go through concerning the Na'avi's yellow eyes, if said noob was a Star Wars fan.

Mistress_Renata and Ewok Poet like this.
  10. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    ... when yesterday's solar eclipse in the US finally gives you the plot element you need for your fic.

11. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    ....when this post inspires you to do this:
    [​IMG]

12. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Not enough loves possible for this! How did you do the lekku?

13. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    It's probably some custom content thing.

Findswoman likes this.
  14. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Yes, it's a mod called "Lekku for Everyone". I found it by googling "Sims 4 lekku mod". There are other mods out there for Sims 2 and 3, too. I've found Togruta montrals, too. :D

Edit:
    Kanan and Hera getting flirty while Ezra says, "guys, I'm trying to do my homework here..."
    [​IMG]

15. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    ... when you're so excited about your new fic project that you set out making a complete map of Jedha city across the ages. *bangs head against wall*

16. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Hey, I made a detailed map of a city that only exists in my fanon.

Mistress_Renata and Chyntuck like this.
  17. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    How did you ever start actually writing the fic? Because the problem is that making that map is going to take forever!

Gamiel likes this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I see two people that need to give us Fanon posts

[face_beatup]

19. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Gamiel Unless I'm very much mistaken, divapilot's post about Mehr has already been up for a while, although without a map. As for mine, you'll have to wait a bit longer – I want to post the story first so that I don't give away the denouement, but I'm taking notes as I work (and the way things are going, it's likely to be more of a fanon encyclopaedia than a post!)

divapilot and Gamiel like this.
  20. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    When you're seriously contemplating trying to make a map of an entire planet that you made up.

And you're still struggling to come up with city/town names for said planet.

Gamiel and Chyntuck like this.
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I suggest making references to other peoples works. Many of my fanon planets and organisations get their name from f.ex. H.P. Lovecraft and Barbarians of Lemurai

22. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I need to derail this thread for a moment and mention that I highly recommend "the Atlas of Middle-earth" book for any map-making because it makes any kind of map-mapping so much easier to make, even for SW.

Chyntuck likes this.
  23. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    When you finish watching the first and so far only season of a new show that ends on a cliffhanger and when you go to see what fanfic has been written you find none, so you decide to write your own.

Assuming the muse -who has been very fickle and wants to start quite a few things but can't finish anything- decides to cooperate.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEEEEEEE!

You know you're a fanfic writer when you read other terrific fics and think -- I gotta streamline that into my stuff, because it's canon LOL And half the time it involves their original characters. [face_love] [face_love]

25. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Is that Sabine flipping the burgers in the backyard?

Findswoman likes this.