main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Force Friday" - Now Discussing 2017 - Possible Spoilers!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , May 3, 2015.

1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Well, SW show was a complete bust..

2. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    We got a triangle ship.....

3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Now what?

4. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    [​IMG]

B99 likes this.
  5. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Well Target is officially having a midnight opening for Force Friday. If you go to the "Find Stores" section on their website, you can see which stores will be open.

whostheBossk, Juke Skywalker and B99 like this.
  6. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Still waiting for UK announcements...

7. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
  8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If there isn't a list online asking in the store might be your best bet. If staff don't know the manager should.

9. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    The page says to check on the site for which stores, but there's nothing there. I contacted support on the site and gave them my store number and after a few minutes they said mine was going to be part of the event. Don't know how they found it, but I guess they're right. Don't want to ask any employee at my store, they're all clueless, even the managers. I asked back in 2015 for the first FF and a manager didn't even know what I was talking about. But they did have a big event for it.

10. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    whostheBossk and B99 like this.
  11. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    So when I click find a location, and put in zip, under the ones in my location. Doesn't say anything about FF.. Anyone else? Guessing Target was only one that did that..

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    It says "All Toys R Us stores" so I think you're good.

B99 likes this.
  13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'm pretty sure it says in the fine print.
    Except the store B99 go's to, cause the store it trash..

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that TFN Main has a Force Friday guide. Most of the stores mentioned are US or CA. Hit the link to take a look!

B99 likes this.
  15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If you're in the UK a few of the Smyths stores will be doing midnight openings. See a list and the story here on Rebelscum. I don't have a local Smyths so it doesn't help me.

16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Called my TRU store, they are open till 2am. Wow! Usually isn't it 1am for TRU?

17. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, 5 Toys R Us stores are doing midnight here as well so I'll be going to Warrington like always (not missed one since 1999!)

whostheBossk and B99 like this.
  18. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Hitting up TRU then others shortly after....same plan as last years successful trip. And then a big push the next day hitting up 10 or more stores. Had a lot of sneak previews this year with figures, ships and the playset all leaking out onto the store shelves.

What products is everyone going after? For me its a couple figures, three ships and who knows what else.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I was in my local TRU today - no signs up about anything special. I'll be back there next week - I'll probably see if they have anything new then.

20. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    If anyone here is from Australia, the stores doing Force Friday Sept 1-3 are Target, Big W, Toys 'R' Us, Harvey Norman, Myer and Zing going by StarWars.com. I'll be checking out Target Friday and Saturday.

I'll be getting three or so action figures. I definitely want to get Luke.

21. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I remember in 2015 they didn't even get the display until after they closed on Thursday night. They literally had to re-open the store to let the display delivery whilst all the fans were queuing outside. Some didn't even get the displays for Force Friday (I think they must have prioritized the midnight opening stores) and had the Star Wars display under an Avengers display [face_laugh]

Things seemed more organized last year, but then they did the official reveals a month in advance so there wasn't this much secrecy at this point.

I'm hoping supply will be plentiful like it was last year, but given the reports that the UK is only getting half the basic line tonight (the Teal wave, the Orange wave with all the major characters is expected early next week) and the fact that Black Series wave 2 is going to be late pretty much everywhere, I've gotta admit I'm a little nervous we may be getting a TFA style under supplying tonight. Just going to get there early and hope for the best.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    My TRU won't be doing anything overnight anyway as they are inside a mall and that will be closed. But hopefully there will be something besides the current pegwarmers when I go next week.

23. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
  24. jedisrm

jedisrm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Thanks Oliffwankenobi! First time I've seen a list of the Disney Elite series. I think I want Luke, Rey, Guard, and Executioner in those!

OliffWanKenobi likes this.
  25. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Force Friday II here in AUS was great!!!!