main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I think it would be pretty cool if there are specialized hangar spots for them. Like they have part of the floor open so they can land standing up then go into a horizontal position to leave the hangar. That may be impractical though. Could be they just attach to the side of a ship as well if they don't go in hangars though I assume they will

2. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    if memory serves me right, WEG used to classify ships into starfighter-scale craft and capital-scale craft, regardless of whether they're military ships or not. IIRC, 100 meters was the line of separation. (A freighter like the Millennium Falcon was classified as a starfighter-scale craft.)

3. Star_Desperado

Star_Desperado Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 5, 2017
    That doesn't work so much any more because the Gozanti cruiser is only 60 something meters but nobody considers it in the same league as a Starfighter, and this is largely a function of mobility, because some of the freighters in Star Wars exhibit exceptional maneuverability, such as the Falcon, Ghost, Slave 1, etc

4. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    LOOK CLOSELY. :eek:

[​IMG]

New Resistance warship, Mon Cala hull, named Raddus.

--Adm. Nick

5. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    *cue squealing

6. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    AdmiralNick22 well this has been the best day of your life I bet
    [​IMG]

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  7. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Are we not going to mention the First Order is using BB droids? I really wonder what their model is called. I'm willing to guess the R series fell out of use in this timeline. :(

8. Star_Desperado

Mar 5, 2017
    Dammit if ever there was a confirmation of Raddus' martyrdom, that'd be it.

DaddlerTheDalek and vncredleader like this.
  9. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    I'm still holding on to hope. Raddus lives!

PimpBacca likes this.
  10. Fire Dog

Fire Dog Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    I know this most likely won't happen, but wouldn't it be cool to see an Imperial Heavy Cruiser say at 1,100 meters, to bridge the gap between the Arquitens-class light cruiser, and The Imperial 1 SD's 1,600 meters. It would allow the Empire to field less expensive and use less manpower for Jobs that a SD is over qualified for but has more firepower than a Arquitens-class. Yes I'm aware of the 500 meter Gladitor SD but I'd like something a little heavier hitting and specifically called a Heavy Cruiser. We don't know the length of the First Order's Maxima-A Class Heavy Cruiser but that's kind of what I'd like the Empire to have.

Also l like the look of the new Resistance Ship, first look reminded me of the Viscount class so that's pretty cool.

11. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
  12. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Yeah, I thought that the general profile of the new Resistance capital ship was similar to the Legends Viscount-class Star Defender too. More bulbous at the front, tapering in towards the aft. I'm very intrigued to learn more about this ship and VERY excited to see it on screen.

--Adm. Nick

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That would be "light Star Destroyer" (like the Victory-class and Venator-class in that respect).

Given that the Immobilizer-418 is still canon (as a separate, smaller type of Interdictor than the big ones in Rebels)- maybe they can recanonize the Vindicator as the chassis from which the Immobilizer was derived?

http://fractalsponge.net/?p=877

14. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    I always figured the Procursator was more used than the Vindicator, as it was a KDY product. The Vindicator would be used in less privileged sectors as a cheaper "off-brand" star destroyer.

Fire Dog likes this.
  15. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    If they were going to nod to R1 in the ST, this is just about the coolest way possible. Wonder if the name will actually be spoken onscreen.

16. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    The very fact that we could see Admiral Ackbar commanding from the bridge of a Star Cruiser named Raddus just blows my mind. I'm beyond pleased by this news!

--Adm. Nick

17. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I am greedy...I want them all onscreen. Something I think that would have been cool to see on Rebels would be an Imperial Fleet with ISDs, Venators, Victorys, Gladiators, Vindicators, Tectors, etc...

18. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

The Raddus is cool, but look at the First Order ship in the video.

Watch how the ship rotates compared to the Falcon and the Raddus. She is a flying wing, like all the rumors said. Look at the superstructure, she is not a Resurgent, Mandator or Imperial class ship.That is Snoke's SSD and we now know her name!

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  19. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015
  20. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015
  21. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015
    And my internet connection just went crazy. [face_frustrated]

22. Star_Desperado

Mar 5, 2017
    I think that should have been spoilered but oh well. And I really hope that "60km in length" thing was a typo and they actually meant width. Is there a pic of the Raddus floating around anywhere?

Revyl Ren likes this.
  23. Senator Wan

Senator Wan Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 13, 2017
    Boy do I wish I had a Droid Trainer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

24. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015

I just spoilered it to be on the safe side. Sorry, excitement is overriding common sense.

25. Star_Desperado

Mar 5, 2017
    No problem Karl, I'm not spoiler police here, I just wanted to make sure. I'm not certain if this thing counts as an official reveal like the Dreadnought and ATM6 and whether it should be considered caveat emptor.

26. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    60 kilometers? That's so ridiculous.

The2ndQuest and DarkEagle like this.
  27. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I'm kind of ticked off that the stuff in the Aftermath books with the Eclipse went basically nowhere. But I actually rather like Snoke having a stupidly large flagship - since Starkiller Base was a weak link in TFA, I like the idea of having a Big Dumb Imperial Thing that's just a supermassive ship instead of another superweapon.

Star_Desperado and Nickname320 like this.