main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multi fandom] Drokk, that was brutal [UDC VIII drabbles - completed]

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Sith-I-5, Mar 23, 2017.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love how you mix these universes

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Once again, you really have a knack for mixing fandoms together! Though I'm only familiar with Stargate, I was really intrigued by the mystery you set up here. And I loved the banter in, well, Banter. :p

Keep up the awesome work! I always love reading what you come up with. :D

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you! High praise indeed.

For the mystery, in the short-lived Flash Forward series, almost everybody on the planet has a simultaneous "unconscious event" as described, during which they have visions of their own activities during a repeat event in exactly six months. The minority who have no such vision, inevitably wonder if something befell them before the occurence.

In the drabbles, Stargate Command was also affected.

Studying CCTV footage from all over the US, the FBI detect one person moving in a sports stadium.

4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    WEEK XX

Theme: The Hitman's Bodyguard. I waited the spoiler-avoiding two weeks after the film's UK release, before tackling. O:)

OUTRAGE

"Your girlfriend didn't betray you!" Kincaid, world's best assassin, guffawed upon being told the name of the Japanese client that his bodyguard had lost. "I shot him! I was at the airport on another job!"

Bryce felt the outrage build, until it was like he was a volcano, unable to hold the pent-up magma within himself.

His right fist flashed out, socking Kincaid on the nose, the hitman reeling back against the factory railing.

"**** you!" Bryce raged, stomping down the nearest steps. "You are on your own."

"Fine! I don't need you." Kincaid retorted, but already regretting their falling out.

OUTRIGHT

Seven months prior.

Suited and booted, Glock pistol in shoulder holster, Michael Bryce felt the outright, no, the ab-sol-ute badass.

Mrs Alison De'Vere might be a soccer mom from Idaho, but she had scraped together the five grand for his services; she was getting the Triple A Elite Bodyguard service that his old VIP clients, before Kurosawa San had been slotted through the window of that Learjet anyway, paid twenty times that amount, for.

Michael headed over to the rent-a-car, to pick up his ride, a squat, blue Fiat, smiling at the counter girl as she handed him the keys.

MAP

Michael stood near to the woman with frizzy red hair, as she pored over the large map of Mississippi, laid on the sloping silver bonnet of a handy Porsche 911.

Bryce warily checked the interior of the parking structure serving the Jackson-Evers International Airport. "We'll take my car, the Fiat Uno across the way."

"No." She asserted. "We'll take the Porsche. We'll need the speed if we have to make a run for it."

"I find when I am protecting people, especially folk like yourself, the bad guys expect you to be driving quality vehicles. The Fiat would get ignored."

KEYS

"Besides," Bryce reached into his trouser pocket and jangled something metallic in the air. "I have the keys for the Fiat."

"And I have the keys for this."

"Oh! I thought you were just leaning on a random car. Didn't know it was yours."

"Not a chick car?"

"I didn't say that, Alison."

"As I said, we might need to get away in a big hurry, and your..., jalopy, might not cut it."

He glanced at her, furrowing his eyebrows. "What am I protecting you from again? You didn't say."

"That's right, I didn't. But since it's your life too....Dogmen."

HOME

"What are they, some criminal gang?"

She gave a harsh laugh. "You wish. You know any French?"

"My ex-girlfriend does. She's with Interpol. She's back home in France."

"You know the French term, 'loup garou'?" Her 'p' was silent.

Bryce mulled the word over. "Werewolf?"

The client glanced up at him, "Not bad."

"Thanks. She tried to teach me some of the language. Guess some of it stuck."

"Well, we're going to a township in Lafayette County. Very rural. Thick woods. There is a long road where some of these things hang out."

Bryce peered down at her. "Err..., things?!"

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Congrats on finishing the drabbles. I loved your different stories about loved series and movies and the fun in each of them

6. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    These were all fun! ^:)^

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    earlybird-obi-wan, pronker, your consistent looking in to see what and how I had done, each week, was most appreciated.

:)

earlybird-obi-wan and pronker like this.
  8. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    You're welcome. The characters in this set in each fandom xover came to life, even the ones I'm unfamiliar with, You, along with jedibuttercup (over on AO3 and LJ) have a talent for blending 'verses and giving a taste of each fandom without exposition overload. MsLanna on the boards here moved a truly unique xover between Star Wars and Winnie The Pooh to AO3 All Safe Places , so that one, along with your works, remain my favorite xovers. As for ARs, the completely IC piece where Obi-Wan is a hedgehog and Qui-Gon is a badger takes the Alternate Reality cake.[face_alien] I don't remember the title or the author, but the premise, wow. I'm guess that the Redwall series inspired it. :)

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    This was a great set to wrap it all up with! Again, your banter and characterizations are a lot of fun! I loved the back and forth over which car to take. :p

I've very much enjoyed following you through all twenty weeks! Congratulations on completing the challenge! [face_dancing]=D=

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you, Mira_Jade for continuing to check in, week after week, and commenting on which bits that you enjoyed, or giving an insight into how well you knew the subject matter.

It was very very much appreciated, and helped with the interaction process between writer and reader.

Mira_Jade likes this.