main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbies-Please read before posting!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Nov 10, 2014.

1. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    Bazinga'd yeah that's what my friend and I came closest to agreeing on when we discussed it- that "Jedi Knights" is used for members of the order regardless of if an individual is below or above the level of 'Knight".

Sanakin Ja' For that is a great question! I think if the Jedi happened across the incident before anyone was killed they would try to save the person from dying while Force-nudging the animal towards other food.

-T

Sanakin Ja' For likes this.
  2. Hond0 0hnaka

Hond0 0hnaka Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2017
    I see that there is a thread for the Prequel Trilogy, Classic Trilogy, The Force Awakens, Rogue One etc. but is there a specific thread I go to discuss TCW?

Tanjint likes this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We have a whole forum for discussing SW TV programs - Clone Wars, Rebels, etc. Hit the link to take a look!

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  4. Psych_Jedi

Psych_Jedi Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    In the quote games, can we use quotes from the "Last Jedi" trailer or is that too close to being a spoiler?

5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

Probably for the best to treat those as spoilers for now.

6. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Can I create a general Imperial fanclub at the EUC?

7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

Questions like this are generally better asked directly to the staff of whichever forum you wish to post your thread/fanclub. However since I'm a mod both here and there (as is Sinre) I'll go ahead and answer here. There is the Imperial Remnant Fanclub already in existence over there, so if it's your desire to discuss the Remnant than that's your go to place. Likewise the SWC has an Imperial fanclub to cover the canon "Classic Trilogy" Era in which to discuss the Empire. The EUC doesn't yet have a "generic" Imperial fanclub as yet that would incorporate both eras, so if that's your goal then I have no issues with it in concept.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  8. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Can I say it's mod approved then?

9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

[​IMG]

10. MisterJedi2002

MisterJedi2002 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2017
    Always when I see this, I imagine Luke died:

What do you think?

11. kbbroiler1

kbbroiler1 Jedi Padawan

Nov 28, 2015
    Ok I have a question and not sure if it was asked in here before but since this might be a random question and technically I would be classified as being new here I go. Question? Will there be a Star Wars marathon this year like they had one for 2015 when The Force Awakens came out? I went to the marathon and watched all 7 films and I'm keyed to watching 9 films this time. I know it's early to ask but I'm really looking forward for a marathon in a theatre setting.

12. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005
    If I have a question, that has nothing to do with Star Wars, where on the forums can I post it?

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    What's the subject in general? For example, if it's a writing question the Fan Fiction resource forum might be a good place.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    What fuel do ships in starwars use.
    I know tie fighters use some sort of solar panel stuff, but do they also use oil?

15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The solar panels help to provide it with electricity - but to drive it through space, it has ion drives. Which means it needs something to provide the ion propellant in the first place. That something would be the equivalent of fuel.

FlashDriver and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  16. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Assuming Star Wars Universe physics are similar to ours. A whole lot of fuel is probably not required.

An Ion is an atom or molecule with a net electric charge due to the loss or gain of one or more electrons. So assuming the solar panels generate enough electrical current, presumably the TIE fighter can self-sustain propulsion. Practically, however fuel may be required as a backup source or to run auxillary generators.

Propellent is different than fuel. I have no idea what is the mechanism of transferring thrust from the engines.

17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The ions are still matter - and if they run out of "stuff to create the ion propellant from" - that's roughly the equivalent of running out of fuel.

FlashDriver and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  18. BB-69

BB-69 Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2017
    many cultures in SW are based on real Earth cultures. Just going off the typical characteristics of Corellians and how Corellian Jedi traditionally wear green... and green is a CorSec color as well...

anybody else think Corellians are Irish?

19. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    BB-69

I merged your thread with our Official Question Thread.

BB-69 likes this.
  20. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I was wondering if there is a JJ Abrams fanclub. I'm looking for a place where I can express my admiration for the first scene in which we see Rey in TFA. And other few scenes that are brilliant on a technical point of view.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Sinrebirth and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Nope, we don't have one of those. Don't see a problem with one either, so give it a whirl.

3sm1r likes this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Knock yourself out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  24. SoulWanderer

SoulWanderer Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2018
    I was just wondering if the 2AB as a whole has a specific leader to it?

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Moving this to our random question thread.