main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What is your favorite scene from each of the Classic Trilogy movies?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by YodaMocha, Sep 10, 2017.

1. YodaMocha

YodaMocha Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2017
    For me it would be:

ANH - Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader

ESB - Yoda training Luke on Dagobah

ROTJ - Darth Vader's redemption

If you can't decide, that's fine, multiple answers are accepted.

Thanks for reading my list, hope you have an excellent day, I look forward to reading your lists as well!

2. Bob the X-Winger

Bob the X-Winger Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    Several though the ones that stick out would be the following.

ANH -The first appearance of Darth Vader entering Tantive IV with the boarding party.

ESB - The Battle of Hoth.

ROTJ - The unmasking of Vader.

WayoftheJedi and YodaMocha like this.
  3. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    ANH - Luke and Leia's swing across the pit on the Death Star
    ESB - The Luke and Vader duel
    ROTJ - Either the battle over the Sarlacc pit or Luke and Vader's rematch

4. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    ANH - "Biggs, Wedge. Let's close it up."

ESB - "You are beaten. It is useless to resist."

ROTJ "Welcome, young Skywalker. I have been expecting you."

5. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    ANH - Binary Sunset

ESB - tool box falls on Han's head

ROTJ - 3PO's story time for the Ewoks

6. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    ANH - "Into the chute flyboy"

ESB - "I don't have time to discuss this in a committee, I'm not a committee "

RoTJ - "Master Yoda, is Darth Vader my father?" "Your father is he" "When I am gone the last of the Jedi will you be"

7. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    ANH- Is a tie between Vader's first appearance and "Someone has to save our skins."
    ESB - Leia hearing Luke call out to her through the Force as he hangs off the Cloud City after the Vader duel
    ROTJ-"Tell your sister you were right about me."

Ithorians and YodaMocha like this.
  8. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Nice topic! for me, it´s:

- ANH: the attack on the Death Star, with Vader taking down rebels like there is no tomorrow;
    - TESB: At-At attack on Hoth; Yoda´s levitating the X-wing; Vader defeating Luke; too hard to pick just one!
    - ROTJ: Vader saves Luke from the Emperor... just incredible...

All in all, since I was a kid I went a little crazy about aliens in SW, so the Cantina, the bounty hunter´s briefing and Jabba´s Palace all deserve a mention!

Sarge likes this.
  9. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    ANH - Leia shouting, "Someone has to save our skin!"
    TESB - Yoda teaching that the dark side is not stronger.
    ROTJ - Vader's redemption.

10. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    May be a thread covering everyone's favourite line for each character (one line per character) could be interesting, anakinfansince1983 , Bazinga'd ???

Back to subject....

ANH: Binary Sunset/Obi-Wan Kenobi saves Luke
    TESB: The battle of Hoth/Luke and Vader's duel
    ROTJ: The speederbike chase

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I want to say that there already is such a thread but if you don't see one on the first 2-3 pages, go ahead and start a new one.

Bazinga'd and Django Fett like this.
  12. Thom Skywalker

Thom Skywalker Jedi Master star 1

Dec 1, 2014
    ANH: I love the last lines of Ben to Luke: "Remember, the Force will be with you... always!". The music, the feeling, the deep connection to the Force.... It's amazing!

TESB: "No, I am your father". I can feel this mind-blowing revelation exactly as Luke did... It's the greatest of the worst moments!

ROTJ: "Father... Please!" and the moment when the "return of the Jedi" happens...

wobbits likes this.
  13. Steve McGarrett

Steve McGarrett Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 1, 2017
    SW: Han Solo saves the day by taking Vader out of play so Luke can finish the job on the DS.
    TESB: Luke enters the carbon chamber to see silhouetted Vader. "The force is with you young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet."
    ROTJ: Luke throwing down his lightsaber. "You have failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

14. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    +1.

15. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    ANH - The cantina scene / Vader choking Motti in the meeting room.
    ESB - I am your father.
    ROTJ - Vader saves Luke by killing Palpatine.

16. Pacified_llama

Pacified_llama Jedi Master star 3

Sep 15, 2017
    Hmm. I have a strange like of Imperial officers' scenes. With that in mind:

ANH - Tie between the Conference/Meeting Room aboard the Death Star and the Battle of Yavin itself.
    ESB - Battle of Hoth. But also, I love the ending scene where the Falcon escapes into lightspeed and Piett stands motionless onboard Executor, knowing the next few seconds could be his last.
    ROTJ - The opening, with Moff Jejerrod on Death Star II. I wish they had kept the deleted scenes with his conflict/rivalry with Vader.

17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    ANH - Binary Sunset. It remains my favorite scene in any movie, ever.
    TESB - "The Force is with you, young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet." The lighting, colours and sounddesign is incredible.
    ROTJ - When Vader decides to save his son, thus once again becoming Anakin.

18. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    A New Hope- Luke piloting X Wing in trench

Empire Strikes Back- Introduction of Darth Vader

Return of the Jedi- final scene

Iron_lord likes this.
  19. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    A New Hope - Binary Sunset
    The Empires Strikes Back - There is No Try
    Return of the Jedi - Anakin Unmasked

20. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    I was sure of ANH going in and had to go over TESB and ROTJ to decide.

ANH: The entirety of Luke and Obi-Wan's conversation in his home. My favorite characters setting up the entire saga. Alec Guinness's performance, the introduction of the lightsaber and the Force, Leia's message. Everything about it iconic.

TESB: Yoda's teachings and lifting the X-wing. Such a wondrous scene. So many memorable quotes and one of the most incredible uses of the Force. Much to learn Luke still has. It was between this, Yoda's introduction, and the start of Luke and Vader's duel.

ROTJ: The duel from Luke and Vader in the shadows to Vader defeating the Emperor. The return of the Jedi. It's too hard to pick one over the other.

21. Matt_201

Matt_201 Jedi Master

Apr 21, 2009
    ANH- Binary Sunset
    ESB- Carbon Freeze scene
    RotJ- Vader vs Luke, specifically from "...then perhaps she will" to Luke cutting off Vader's hand.

22. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
  23. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    ANH- Binary Sunset
    ESB: Battle of Hoth
    ROTJ- Anakin kills the Emperor to save Luke.

24. ForcePushUp

ForcePushUp Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 19, 2016
    A New Hope = The Battle of Yavin

For my money, this is still the best aerial dogfight ever put to film. The building tension and drama, the amazing effects work, and that awesome fist pump moment of Han coming back to save the day makes this just pure perfection from start to finish.

Empire Strikes Back = Yoda and the Force

OK, the real answer is THAT scene with THAT twist, but everybody talks about that scene, and I want to be different. If you ask me, no better definition of the Force exists beyond Yoda's speech to Luke as he tries to show him how he can raise the X-Wing out of the swamp water. But not only do I feel like I get a better understanding of the Force, but Yoda himself has never felt more alive and real than in this scene. This SHOULD have been Frank Oz's Oscar clip, but in any case, the scene is just so powerful, yet so simple that it amazes me every time I watch it.

Return of the Jedi = Luke, Vader, and The Emperor

I am cheating a bit here, but really, I love any scene that involves any combination of Luke, Vader, and the Emperor, and how the tension builds all the way to the Emperor's throne room.

The first time we see the Emperor is really a powerful moment. He looks so old and frail, but he still feels very powerful, in the same way that Yoda does, but in a far more sinister way.

The scene with Luke and Vader in the hallway is probably the most simplistic scene in the whole trilogy. I mean, its just two dudes walking and talking down a hallway, but even when I watch it today, I just hang off every word they say to each other. And certain things they say to each other just cut deep.

"I've accepted the truth that you were once Anakin Skywalker, my father"
    "That name, no longer holds any meaning for me"

"I will not turn, and you will be forced to kill me"
    "If that is your destiny..."

and then Luke's final "Then my father is truly dead" which is not only a great call back to his talk with Obi-Wan earlier in the film, but also a heartbreaker as Luke seemingly accepts his father's fate, as well as his own.

And then throw The Emperor into the mix and the tension builds even more. Is Luke going to try and kill him? What will Vader do? And everything just builds and builds until Luke makes his choice, and then Vader ultimately makes his in a moment that made young kid me cheer like crazy the first time I saw it. That whole arc is just great, and its hard for me to pick a favorite scene out of that because they are all so good.

25. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
    A NEW HOPE:

The music is amazing (I know, it's amazing throughout the entire film, but in particular here), Leia never looked more stunningly beautiful and Han's wink, fully restored 3PO and R2 and the sense of incredible triumph (was always more a Rebel guy than Empire)... great scene. Only thing missing is Chewie getting a medal.

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK:

Wow, so many to choose from. This film is a masterpiece, and almost literally every scene is just incredible, but I think this is my favorite. The music, Yoda's description of the Force... the greatest puppet performance of all time, and there will never be another equal. I believed Yoda 100% as a kid and I still do as an adult 30-some odd years later.

RETURN OF THE JEDI:

Very possible my favorite scene of the entire trilogy, or at least second to TESB's Yoda and the Force scene above. AMAZING!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! :_|