main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit GENERAL QUESTION THREAD (What to read? Where to start? What's canon? What's not? Duros, etc.)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jun 4, 2008.

1. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    How do Sullustans put on shirts? Their heads are much bigger then the neck holes on the shirt Nien Numb is wearing...

Barriss_Coffee and vncredleader like this.
  2. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    His shirt looks like it does up in the front. So I'd suspect they put their shirts on one arm at a time.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

comradepitrovsky likes this.
  3. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    Did someone ever used the term "Star Wars" in universe?

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    What decides whether a thread is stickied nowadays?

This forum has too many stickies...

But...

It also hasn't stickied the two big book releases (Phasma and Leia)... yet has stickied other comics that not nearly as many people are talking about.

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  6. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    Was Biggs at Scarif, or on Tatooine as the deleted scenes suggest?

7. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Hasn't been established. One of the few Legends things I hope gets changed is that he actually jumps ship between talking to Luke and the Battle of Yavin, as opposed to already being with the Rebellion when he comes back to Tatooine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    Hasn't been established. One of the few Legends things I hope gets changed is that he actually jumps ship between talking to Luke and the Battle of Yavin, as opposed to already being with the Rebellion when he comes back to Tatooine.

9. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Does it really make a ton of sense for Biggs to be a rookie as well as Luke at Yavin?

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Legends had Biggs as a moderately-rookie Rebel, but a fairly experienced Imperial - he had already flown TIEs in battle by the time he defected. It even had him go on one mission for the Rebellion between jumping ship, and the Battle of Yavin.

11. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Those Biggs comics were great. This makes me want to read them again.

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    To this day I still remember that 2-frame scene that went something like "the folks on Commenor made fat jokes about Jek. So he beat the **** outta them." Pretty sure that's exactly how it went.

13. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Is there any source that mentions where do these type of last names come from? Skywalker, Fardreamer, Darklighter, Sunrider.

I know the real reason is that they sound 'spacey', but I mean in-universe (other than Alien Exodus -ugh-). Something like the Tattooine settlers coming from a specific place where those names originated or slave families adopting them at some point etc. (btw, no stories on Shmi pre TPM, right?)

I'm a fan of genealogy.

14. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    At least in Legends, Skywalker was said to be a fairly common last name, so its origins probably lie outside Tatooine.

DelRiego likes this.
  15. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    At least in Legends, Skywalker was said to be a fairly common last name, so its origins probably lie outside Tatooine.

16. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    I'd read a book about Luke Skywalker, Agamari dentist often confused for a certain Jedi Master.

"Admiral Daala, our names are the same, that's all. Totally unrelated."

17. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    In Legends, how much did Archduke Poggle know about DS1? Like, if it had been finished in the clone wars, could he have made a Geonosian Roving Death Hive?

18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Was the House of Palpatine evil for many generations?

19. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Cosinga in Plagueis did not seem like a particularly good man, but I don't think we know anything near enough about the family to generalize beyond that.

20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    When the Imperial Senate existed, did Palpatine simply declare whatever laws he wanted or did he find a Senator to introduce legislation for him?

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  21. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

I imagine probably the latter.

We know from the books that Palpatine stayed out of public's view most of the time and the day to day running of the Empire was managed by Mas Amedda and others.

I don't think Palpatine cared about the politics once he became the Emperor that much and if he wanted to do something, he probably just did it and didn't bother with laws.

Dagobahsystem and PCCViking like this.
  22. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Yeah, the Senate probably just rubber stamped everything he wanted in order to keep up appearances. With the completion of the Death Star, Palpatine knew he could abandon even that pretense.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  23. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    The Leia book has a lot of scenes in the Apprentice Legislature, which gives a good idea of how the Senate works. Two of the things they went over were "which of these planets should we stripmine" and "how hard should this planet be punished"

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    EDIT: missunderstod

25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Am I correct that the Dark Empire endnotes introduced the idea that lightsabers are created using Adegan Crystals and that Adegan Crystals come from Ilum and that Shadows of the Empire introduced synthetic crystals as part of explaining how Luke constructed his lightsaber, but it was Star Wars insider that established that Ilum crystals tend to be blue and green and that the red crystals used by the Sith tend to be synthetic?