main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Briannakin’s Away Thread – Bri is back

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Aug 12, 2013.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hello people. I am leaving for London, England August 14th. I may have internet, but even if I do, I won’t be on much. I’ll be going green tomorrow night and I shall return to my duties August 22nd. I am leaving you in hands more capable than mine, but still, don’t wreck the place.

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    She gets a new job and then expects a vacation?? o_O

Well... I'll have the bail money ready anyway... if we can find it! :p

Have fun, Bri!

3. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Have fun in my home country!!!! Be safe. :)

4. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hello people. AS SOME of you guys may know, (LONG STORY SHORT) my university profs went on strike, but now we are back in class, the uni administration is being giant butts and not extending the semester, so now I have 3.5 weeks to do a whole lot of work. Needless to say, I am going green now and I'll probably remain green until around April 8th in hopes I can get my butt in gear and get a lot of said work done before Mav goes away for some stuff. If for some odd reason I'm still not done most of my stuff, we may bring in one of the other mods as a temp mod, but I'm hoping it won't come to that.

I'll still be around from time to time, but generally I won't be on for long/have time. So, please be patient with requests to host threads/challenges and other stuff. If it isn't urgent, maybe wait off for a bit. I know we asked a bunch of people to wait until after the rewards before giving them decisions. I am so sorry. My entire life has kinda been thrown up in the air with this strike. Mav and I will try to get to you during the odd time that I'm on, but please understand DRL is just swamping me right now.

Finally, if all chaos breaks out, I can come back, but I'll be REALLY CRANKY. And well, then you guys will know why they gave me the title "Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Mod".

5. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Just a quick update from the land of the papers. I am no longer green. Even though I still have 2 more papers to write, they are not due for a bit, so I'm not a too much of a panicked mess. I have more time to devote to here.

However, since I'm still kinda busy, so decisions and other mod-ly stuff may not be as quick as they normally are.

Ewok Poet, Kahara and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Good to see you back, in good spirits, & in the usual colors. :) I'd been wondering what the color change meant—that you're less available than usual, I guess? (Is it different from the green letters in that list of mods on the front page? Sorry, newbie question.)

7. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yeah. When a mod's colours are green (not on the Staff Online list - they are always green there - but underneath their icon/avatar) it means that they are away or on reduced time, meaning not to expect a reply any time soon.

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey. Just a quick FYI. Many of you know I'm leaving on a rather last-minute road trip for a bachelorette party tomorrow (Friday). Normally I wouldn't go green/announce here for a weekend trip, but given that I will have (probably) no access to the internet until late Monday, possibly even Tuesday, I just wanted to let everyone know: don't expect a reply from me for anything. Please go to Mav or one of the other moderators if you have issues.
    Thanks!

9. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    *Counts bail money* If it's going to be needed for anything it'll be for a bachelorette party. :p

Have fun and don't do anything that I wouldn't do! :)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  10. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I NEED A VACATION!

I kid, I kid. My mother and I are taking advantage of the long weekend here and the fact that I am a slacker with no classes, and we will be traveling to visit my sister. I won't have my laptop so the amount of time I will be on is kinda unknown. I'll be going green Thursday evening, and I probably wont be back till Tuesday.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  11. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Have a nice time! [face_party]

12. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Try not to get into too much trouble... or that just my mom and sister when we get together?? :p
    Have fun!

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey guys. So like last year I'm going camping for a week where internet is non-existent and cell-service is patchy (at best. So I'm going green tomorrow night (I also have to Frankenstein my wheelchair tomorrow, so I'm likely not going to be on much tomorrow anyways) and likely won't be back until May 7th.

So be good for Mav, don't let the Awards get too out of hand and yadda yadda.

14. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Have a great time in the woods. :)

Findswoman likes this.
  15. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I would complain that she's leaving me during the awards, but since I did it to her, I guess I can't. *pouts*
    :p

Have fun Bri!! I guess since it's a Bible camp, I don't need to get the bail money ready??

Lady_Misty and Findswoman like this.
  16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    You do not get to complain AT ALL!

And ummm... about the bail money. Might want to keep it handy. You clearly don't know the people who I am going with. Last year resulted in my friend and I knocking on a stranger's door, who let us come in and sleep in her basement (said stranger was actually a friend's grandmother and said friend was a few KMs behind us). Year before that (I wasn't there but I've heard the stories) involved a car's brakes catching on fire.

Though both those incidents were part of the road trip portion, which only people from our campus have to do, WHICH PROBABLY EXPLAINS EVERYTHING. So, yeah, the actual bible camp part is fiiiine.

17. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Have fun, Bri! (and, ahem, don't set anything on fire please)

Findswoman likes this.
  18. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Briannakin, have a wonderful time out in the woods! Wear sensible shoes and don't forget the Deep Woods Off! :D

19. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I had Girl's Camp from the ages 12-18, first year we camped on a lake and went canoeing to a sandbar for lunch only to have to scurry back to safety because of thunderstorms, year two we almost got hailed on, year three we went on a canoe trip only to be held back by high wind, year four I think we got rained on but girls aged sixteen go on an overnight campout about three miles away from everyone else and my friend 'Rosie' and I slept under a tarp (it was a sleepless night). I don't remember much from my last two years besides one of the adult leaders having to leave early because of a medical emergency.

A car's breaks catching fire though takes the cake.

Be safe Bri.

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    As the title suggests, I'm off on a really badly timed vacation to Los Angeles! I'm going green from tomorrow (Sept 23) to October 1st. HOWEVER, since Mav is also away, I'm going to make my best effort to log in at least once every day. So I might not post... but I'll still be around, so no pyro-related antics. If you really need something, PM me.

... Now, what did Mav do with the bail money? :p I need some American currency.

Chyntuck and Ewok Poet like this.
  21. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    *checks pocket*... 11, 12, 13... Well, I've got 14 cents! What did you guys do with the money in the cookie jar in the secret ModCave? There was nearly USD$18 in there when I stepped down!

Have fun in L.A. If you end up with a role in Ep X, be sure to let us know. (In code, of course)

22. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Bri, I'd tell you whom to kidnap for me in LA, but I'm too shy. [face_blush] Have fun, so happy that you're going! =D=

23. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I have some cash on hand to use as bail money; and i promise that i at least won't start any parties while you're goine.

Have fun! :)

24. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Enjoy your trip to LA! We'll keep the place clean and feed the pets. Promise. [face_whistling]

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey guys. As many of you know, I'm going camping once again all next week (the same trip I've been on the past 2 years). Same details: woods, island, ocean, no internet. I'm going green now (ugh, so much stuff to do - I leave tomorrow morning) and I'll probably be back May 7th.

Be good and keep Mav entertained with West Wing gifs.

I'll start

[​IMG]

jcgoble3 and Findswoman like this.