main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Obi-Wan TV show happened, Ewan McGregor returned

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jeff_Ferguson, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

[​IMG]

2. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I asked my friends once and they said that slaughtering a whole village of people is a turn off and not a turn on as indicated in AotC. I'm glad I framed the question as a "hypothetical" otherwise it would've been hella awks in that room.
    I also don't know why Empire, Nevada became a ghost town in 2011, so stop asking me about it.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

3. Point_Of_View

Point_Of_View Jedi Knight star 2

May 23, 2017
    What's wrong with this scene?

4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Touché.

JediMatteus likes this.
  5. unironically

unironically Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 14, 2017
    delete this

6. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    "Oh no did he die?" Said no one.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It was a more innocent time, a time before Twilight and Fifty Shades of Grey.

vncredleader likes this.
  8. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Anakin did get mauled pretty badly by the cow blimp thing. Must have been extremely painful. He played it pretty cool.

He must have b-lined to the nearest bacta clinic asap...once Padme got off of him.

Sent from Moto X-Wing

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  9. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    Twilight makes AOTC look like Shakespeare

ForcePushUp, SilentGuy66 and Daneira like this.
  10. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
  11. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    So Obi-Wan is bound for a place where the streets have no name.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

12. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Ah, I love online journalism. The article you link to did no original reporting, and, in summarizing the article they linked to, got it wrong by saying "scenes for A New Hope were filmed in Joshua Tree". That struck me as odd because I'd never heard of that before. Go over to the original article, they say "Joshua Tree (aka desert yucca palm tree) could be hinting to Joshua Tree Nation Park in Southern California (along with other parks) as a possible shooting location for the new anthology film. The original Star Wars shot some Tatooine scenes at Death Valley National Park and surrounding locations." This is how misinformation spreads.

Anyway, I'm not surprised they're considering filming it in California and not Tunisia, which has quite a lot of ISIS activity these days.

AV-6R7 likes this.
  13. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    haha I didn't even notice that.

14. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    "I do however have some concerns about this project. ... namely, that Lucasfilm has made it their priority to decide on a director for these spin-off films and then during production, pulling the handbrake. And look, I thought Rogue One was... fine. ... still interested in knowing what Gareth Edwards envisioned. As for the Han Solo movie, I understand the decision to axe the directors if the improvisational style was steering the movie in a different direction, but I'd rather see a funny, tonally weird Han Solo movie than a bland origin."

15. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I can't imagine that they would hire someone like Ridley Scott, John Cameron, or Clint Eastwood for a movie, and then half way, says: This is not Star Wars, we are getting rid of you.
    They will be stuck with "lower" level Directors now. Especially with the thing with the drama with Rogue One, Han Solo. Guys, even if Lord and Miller were 100 percent wrong, Disney have a certain "reputation" regarding the handling of Star Wars anthology film directors now.

Darth_Pevra and SilentGuy66 like this.
  16. ForcePushUp

ForcePushUp Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 19, 2016
    I'll give the AOTC love story this much:

It resulted in the downfall of the galaxy and both lives being ruined. Unlike in Twilight, where they made dumb and selfish decisions and got everything they wanted, these two f'd up and took the whole galaxy down with them. I mean, you make bad choices, bad stuff happens, right? Stupid should hurt, right? So for that, I got some lolz out of it, haha.

One thing that is weird to me is that if you look at the deleted scenes or read the book, you lose all the moments where Padme and Anakin, you know, act like real people. Its very small stuff like meeting her family, and such, but why would you not include those moments, but leave in all the cringy material we all make fun of. Its one of those big head-scratchers I have with the prequels.

I will also point out how ridiculous it is stated that Jedi are not allowed to marry in ATOC when in TPM, they basically explained that Force sensitivity is biological and passed down from one generation to the next. Qui-Gon asked who Anakin's father was, remember that? And to be fair, even the OT implied that Luke and Leia's force sensitivity is a trait they got from Darth Daddy. So with that in place, wouldn't it make sense for Jedi to get married and, you know, keep the order going? Its been theorized or explained since that Jedi had relationships on the side and reproduced that way. So as long as there is no attachment, they can do the horizontal hokey pokey all they want? Do their mates know they are being used as Force Baby Mamas and Jedi Sperm doners?

Jeez. So many questions!

Back to the Kenobi movie,

Yeah, seriously, this one is easy. Filmmakers, read the EU book, adapt that, and your fine. I am even cool with Ewan coming back to play the role (honestly, I even encourage it). The "love story" (tame as it was) was actually endearing and hey, I liked Annileen as a character. Cast that role right and you have a very charming leading lady.

17. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I forsee an interview not too far away in the future when the obi wan movie has been officially announced and the principal cast revealed

Interview: You've been described as playing a possible love interest for Obi Wan? Is this character Anileen Calwell?
    Female Actress: (Long confused pause) Yes
    Internet: Kenobi adaption confirmed

;)

AV-6R7 likes this.
  18. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    fixed

19. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    Couldn't agree more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    A'Yark and Orrin were pretty cool and memorable characters... get a chummy homebody actor who eats the scenery as Orrin and you're gold. And yeah, Annileen's role as the friendzone romance actually worked pretty well...

except that part where you cringe at the end after he sends her and the kids to Alderaan.

21. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    Remember how many websites were claiming that Woody Harrelson was playing Garris Shrike after he was cast? As soon as they cast a female lead in this movie, people will be saying she's Siri Tachi.

That Shrike thing was weird. I think one site may have been like "He will play a mentor to Han, similar to the Garris Shrike character from that story that isn't canon anymore" and maybe another reporter lazily skimmed that article and it just spiralled out of control from there.

Hey if Jabba is in this movie, maybe Rotta will be too. Seriously it's been nine years; why haven't we seen a grown-up Rotta hanging out with Luke and Leia yet?

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  22. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I'm like 90 percent certain LFL wants everybody to quietly forget Rotta.

Which is a shame, given how well the last story to feature one of Jabba's relatives after his death turned out.

23. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    They're saving that for Episode IX.

24. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Episode IX- Rey must work with Poe and Rose to rescue Finn, who was melted in frik at the end of TLJ, from the clutches of up and coming Hutt boss Rotta ;)

25. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I would have not problem with elements of that but would prefer an original story.

They should also do a good facial prosthetic mashing up Ewan's face with Alec Guinness's face.