main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends "Never gonna give you up" (Memorable Melodies Roulette ), Ars Dangor & Nagina (my OC) plus Lor cameo

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 15, 2017.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Title:Never Gonna Give you Up”

Summary: Only some hours ago the Emperor has called an Imperial Council into life. One of its key members is already errant. He feels a loyalty towards somebody else.

Time frame: 19 BBY

Planet of choice: Lothal

Reader warning: Please excuse my weird English! I am German. English is only my Second language!

Disclaimer: SW is owned by George Lucas, Lucas Ltd. and now The Walt Disney Company

We're no strangers to love
    You know the rules and so do I
    A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
    You wouldn't get this from any other guy
    I just want to tell you how I'm feeling
    Gotta make you understand

[Chorus:]
    Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down

Never gonna run around and desert you
    Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye
    Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    We've known each other for so long
    Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it
    Inside we both know what's been going on
    We know the game and we're gonna play it
    And if you ask me how I'm feeling
    Don't tell me you're too blind to see

[Chorus x2]
    (Ooh give you up)
    (Ooh give you up)
    (Ooh) Never gonna give, never gonna give (give you up)
    (Ooh) Never gonna give, never gonna give (give you up)
    We've known each other for so long
    Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it
    Inside we both know what's been going on
    We know the game and we're gonna play it
    I just want to tell you how I'm feeling
    Gotta make you understand

[Chorus x3]

The most striking item about Ars Dangor were his long, braided moustachios. His countenance was mostly glum. The broad eyebrows and his dark clothing did not help to improve the negative impression that he gave those who met him.

Nagina Samye - secret wife of the historian Lor San Tekka – had known this man most of her life. Sighing, she waved him into her home. Even gave him the traditional Naboo kiss of greeting, since he was a kinsman.

“If this is about my excessive Chandrilan birthday party, Sate was already here today,” she told her unexpected visitor.

“It is not,” he assured her and started to look around.

It was a neat, little cottage. Naboo style had been combined with Alderaanian art and Corellian furniture. Not only did his hostess have taste, she also had lived in different corners of the galaxy before.

“So what is this about?” the distressed kindergarten teacher asked, wringing her hands.

“Do not be alarmed, my dear!” Ars Dangor swept to his knees right in front of her. “This is a proposal.”

Her eyes widened. “A marriage proposal?”

Self-assured the bureaucrat smiled at her, taking her right hand. “Is there another kind of proposal?”

Her breath came in spurts. “The indecent kind.”

A burst of laughter sounded through the room, before Ars Dangor was able to speak again. “I am a man of honour, Mistress Samye. This is why I ask you for your hand in marriage.”

“But you are gay!” she shrieked.

He had suspected all along that she knew, but the rest of the freshly anointed Imperial Council did not. Which was good news. “That does not diminish my utter respect for you, my dear.” Something close to a smile appeared on his lips. “Of late you have caused your godfather a lot of trouble and for that I loved you even more.”

“You want to marry me because I ridiculed Sate?” Mistress Samye got out.

In defiance the bureaucrat shook his head. “After all what you have done the past three weeks you need protection. And I need a wife to keep up appearances.”

The kindergarten blushed, her cheeks as scarlet as the crest of House Palpatine. And not for the first time her suitor wondered, but he was too polite to ask questions. A true Naboo never asked for somebody's heritage. It was an unwritten rule, passed down from generation to generation. Even children out of wedlock were loved.

“Please, Nagina,” he begged. “Be reasonable! There is an Empire out there, ready to swallow you up. There are rumours that the master left you. Old enemies of yours already reach out to Lothal.”

“Who wants me dead?” she asked with a courage that made her even more adorable.

“Does that matter?” The bureaucrat started to leave a trail of kisses on her warm, soft hands. Mistress Samye smelled of flowers and earth.

Normally, he hated females, but this relationship would work. They felt mutual respect for one another. There were marriages out there that had less solid ground to start from.

“The names, please!”

A steely flicker appeared in her gaze, reminding her keen suitor of the Emperor once more.

The less she knew, the better. He did not want to stress her out.

“Krennic will fail you.” Ars Dangor got up swiftly, but not letting go of the slender hand trapped in his own. “He may be a genius when it comes to architectural achievements and networking skills, but you need more than that.”

“He is good with a laser blaster,” she threw in. “And as ruthless as most of my enemies.”

He was on dangerous ground now, but he needed her to understand. “You need my influence. My money.”

“Oh Ars!”

She got one of her hands free and placed a palm against his cheek. It reminded him faintly of his mother.Of home. Of careless summer days in the Lake Country of Naboo when the administrative apparatus of Palpatine's Empire had been but a bad dream.

A little kiss was breathed against his nose.

“Get yourself a very nice man!” she said. “Somebody who fills out your castle with his stunning presence in a way that I never could. Somebody who brings some cheerful colours into your life.”

“Do not throw this chance away!” Real panic sounded in his voice. “You will be cherished and honoured. But most of all, protected.”

“The Force protects me already,” Mistress Samye claimed in a quiet dignity that shredded his heart into pieces.

“May I talk to your foster parents about my offer?” Ars Dangor inquired.

Chetan and Gita Anil were Naboo, too. Perhaps they saw more sense and reason than the daughter they had taken in and raised as their own.

“You may not!”

“I beg you…!”

A gentle finger was placed on his lips. “For a servant of the dark side you are unbelievable cute and honest. Share those qualities with somebody much more deserving.”

On his long way from Coruscant, now re-named into the Imperial Centre, he had been afraid of a dismissal like this.

“Palace walls can keep you safe and, most of all, alive,” the bureaucrat argued. “This little cottage will not stand the mighty storm of revenge that your enemies plan.”

“I have friends,” she gave him to consider.

“Who will not survive what is to come either.” Ars Dangor fought down the impulse to catch her into his arms. “For the last time, in the Name of Shiraya, be my wife and all will be well.”

She rained kisses on his furrowed brow. “Be on your way back to court before anybody there misses you!”

A native Tooken appeared out of nowhere, making a hissing noise. Her stiff tail spoke a clear language, too.

Regret made each of Ars Dangor's steps as heavy as duracrete. “I am very sorry that you would not accept my offer. It is genuine.”

As her husband and a member of the Imperial Ruling Council he would have been able to give Mistress Samye all that was bitterly needed.

“If you must know, Barin and I had a Gandharva marriage,” she explained, her face averted from him.

He nodded slowly to her sentiment. That traditional type of marriage was the best marriage option possible in the life of a Naboo. He would never be able to achieve it.

For one last time Ars Dangor bent his knee.“Never Gonna Give you Up,” he assured her, trying to keep the tears out of his eyes. “Not even as a friend.”

Her hug was warm and friendly. He still felt it on the way back to his space ship.

What the bureaucrat did not notice, was the tall man dressed in a home-spun fantabu-wool coat, along with a tuanulberry-dyed linen tunic and gundark-hide survival belt. He was in the front garden, cowering in one of the flowerbeds, but he was not exactly working in there.

“He is off again,” Mistress Samye let Lor San Tekka know.

“What did he want?” the historian wanted to know, slightly curious. He started dusting himself down.

His wife smiled, but it was a sad smile. “Ars is hunting a dream. Deep down he is more of a Naboo than my uncle ever was.”

Sources:
    The songNever Gonna Give you Upby Rick Astley
    Wookieepedia – The Star Wars Wiki
    Jedipedia, a free German Star Wars-Encyclopaedia

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    DarthUncle likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great response to the challenge. You can feel Ars' true concern. Love seeing Nagina and Lor together in this as well. =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Rickrolled!

And loving it. :D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A man on the hunt for Nagina. Glad that she is already married to Lor

5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I did not even know Ars before I checked the list of Palpatine´s Imperial High Council. And then I saw a drawing of his braided beard and read that he is a Naboo man. Then the plot came slowly together.

Cowgirl Jedi 1701: Good to know and happy about it!

earlybird-obi-wan: One man? She unfortunately has many enemies out there, men and women alike. As for the marriage, yes indeed, it went through during her birthday celebrations.

DarthUncle likes this.
  6. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Very interesting. I have no idea who Ars Dangor (what a name!) is, but I find that little exchange, and a seeming genuine proposal out of caring friendship/regard touching. Again you manage to make something that could be awkward, rather nice - especially with the gentle ending, Nagina keeping the proposal secret, while sharing the good essence of his regard with her husband and thus not keeping important secrets from him. Also nice how Ars was so intent on his mission, probably nervous and having talked himself up to it, that he didn't notice anything else :)

7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    DarthUncle likes this.
  8. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Ah, so I guess I read about him somewhere in the earlier Catalyist then, when I next read it, thanks to your inclusion here, I am sure he won't slip my attention as easily as he seemed to have done last time(s)!

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    DarthUncle: I am glad that you are very attentive and draw conclusions, dear husband. Also thanks for listening to nervous live readings before I post my stuff. @};-

DarthUncle likes this.