main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finn and Rey's Cat Cantina and Pizza Parlor (The Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Gamiel - Excellent painting. Colors are awesome, but I got nothing on the fandom.

yahiko, I don't think you missed much. The Horror, the horror is beautifully written, but does not have a cohesive narrative.

Chyntuck - Ouch! Sorry to heat it. I hope you are feeling better in general.

Ugh. Can't write anything today. Pretty frustrating. I don't write much to begin with, but when I want to and can't, it stinks. :confused:

2. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Wow! If it helps, I know a lot of Americans who wouldn't know what that meant, either!

Ewok Poet and AzureAngel2 like this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I've heard of ruminate, but I never seen ruminative used in a sentence. It is probably one of those words you only see on SATs.

AzureAngel2 and yahiko like this.
  4. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    It's a big word...it's a good word...:D

Like "accelerated decrepitude" (yes, Blade Runner is on TV right now, and Pris just said what I'm feeling at the moment, so yay for big words, etc.)

5. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    We should have an on-going bigworderitis challenge. A big word as a prompt that everyone has to fit in in their update of the week :p

6. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Wouldn't we end up being too...ruminative? :p

7. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    (Cracks knuckles) Bring it.

8. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I PASSED THE TEST. :D

The bilingual woman from HR says that I have the best vocabulary among the twelve candidates who took the test and she invited me to an interview on Monday. I mentioned the problematic word, she laughed.

So, I'm writing an application for content writing somewhere else, but if that doesn't work, I guess I'll be doing graveyard shifts here until something better pops up, provided that I pass the interview.

9. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Congratulations EP! I’m hoping that this is the start of a long list of good things for you!

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  10. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    OMG OMG OMG! It happened, it actually happened!

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I don't think there is a fandom, it is just cute animals as pirates

Really? In Sweden that word* seems rather common to me, but then again I move among farmers

*Or rather the Swedish version of it.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    That was precious! I think if the bunny wasn't so distracted by a screaming, cheering crowd, he might have done better. I'm sure the tortoise wasn't happy either, but while the bunny's survival strategy was 'stay still and pretend to be invisible', Tortie was saying, "Yeah, I'm outta here!"

The more common usage in English is more like thoughtful, pondering something deeply, turning ideas over and over. It's becoming a bit archaic. Unless you have a dragon English teacher in 8th grade who drills you on all these long, fancy words so you can pass the SATS and get into a good college.

Good luck with your interview, Ewok Poet! No question your English is excellent; I wouldn't have known it wasn't your first language unless you'd told me. Even if the job is crummy and you're stuck on the graveyard shift, at least it will be an income until something better crops up. It's just the first rung of the ladder.

13. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I did that roller blading once.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Congrats on the test and good luck in the interview, EP.

As for me, I've been dealing with really bad muscle craps and I have no idea why. Like, I honestly almost slept in the bathtub last night because being in the hot water was the only relief I seemed to get. However, I've still managed to be productive in my schoolwork (I'm loving my course so far - it is just so practical of an application for a history degree). Unfortunately it is a holiday weekend here and my sister is coming to town (I SPENT ALL LAST WEEK WITH HER!) and my mother is making me spend the weekend at her place and I JUST DON'T WANT TO. I hate Thanksgiving, I'm in pain, I've got work to do, AND I JUST WANT TO WRITE FANFIC :_|.

Okay. I'm done being whiny. I think.

15. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    My copy of From a Certain Point of View arrived in the mail yesterday [face_dancing] I read the first four stories last night and this promises to be awesome. I'm going to catch up on a few fics now, and then there's more reading on the menu.

Briannakin I hope you feel better soon and that you manage to enjoy a little bit of Thanksgiving despite all this [:D]

AzureAngel2 and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  16. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Don't have money available yet for 'From a Certain Point of View' but that is a book I wouldn't mind picking up.

I feel a small fraction of your pain Bri, some cramps from that time of the month and for the few days experiencing some minor pain in my the lower left side of my abdomen was sensitive, the pain is better especially if I lay on my stomach on a padded surface. You must have some bathtub to be able to keep the water warm/hot; unless you had to refill the tub and when you're in pain that sucks.

I hope you have a decent time.

17. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks. I am feeling better. But, if you have ever seen Friends, my dislike of Thanksgiving is kinda along the same lines of Chandler's.

No fancy bathtub, but sometimes 2 hours of sleep is worth having to wake up in a lukewarm tub.

AzureAngel2, Lady_Misty and Chyntuck like this.
  18. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    From a Certain Point of View update: I'm 10 stories in now. They're all great, but my favourites are the data pusher, the droid and the Jawa.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. Flyboy240

Flyboy240 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 6, 2017
    The one about the red R5 hit me hard in the feelings.

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  20. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Agreed. I love writing droid characters and I really wish I were able to write a story like that one. I enjoyed the Jawa's story for similar reasons; I found it incredibly moving.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    The TLJ trailer is coming tomorrow. I repeat, the TLJ trailer is coming tomorrow. This is not a drill.

AzureAngel2, Lady_Misty and jcgoble3 like this.
  22. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Here in the states, it's supposed to drop during Monday Night Football!

AzureAngel2 and jcgoble3 like this.
  23. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    And tickets go on sale tomorrow as well! I'm planning to get an early showing on the first morning. Which showing are you planning on?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Sometime over the Christmas season. A couple of my Aspie friends and I have a tradition of seeing a Star Wars film over Christmas break. Two years ago, we saw TFA on New Year's eve, last year it was Rogue One on New Year's Day and this year The Last Jedi maybe on Boxing Day. It depends.

AzureAngel2, Lady_Misty and jcgoble3 like this.
  25. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Well, here tickets won't go on sale until a week before the release so it's not like I need to worry about when I'll go just yet. I also haven't completely given up hope that my-friend-who-used-to-work-in-the-right-place can get us an invitation for the local premiere a few days before the film is released.

Looks like the trailer will drop tomorrow at around 3:30 a.m. for me. The boards will crash for a couple of hours and they'll be back up just on time for when I wake up on Tuesday :p

AzureAngel2, Gamiel and jcgoble3 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.