main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Ewok Poet Mr Chyn (who came home from work surprisingly early today) just told me that it's an EU requirement that home insurance covers this sort of liability, so do check – Serbia being a candidate country and all, it may be hidden somewhere in there. As for free emergency teams on Sundays, yes, we have them from the water and public power companies, but they intervene only if the problem is between the mains and your water/electricity metre. If the problem is past the metre and inside your home, tough luck, it's not their problem.

Ewok Poet and Mistress_Renata like this.
  2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Just checked, there's no such thing. :( Looks like we have a LONG way to go to meet all the EU requirements. But many thanks to you and Mr. Chyn for trying to help. :)

And wow, those teams...

3. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    I'm feeling terrible right now. My father has called me today that, during the last year my first living in my flat, I've used to much enegergy and that now the bills are too high.
    He then threatened me to either take on a second, bigger, job or turn my small flat into a shared flat. Something that for me as an introvert is just unthinkable.
    He also claimed that he barely has the money to pay for me, wich is a flat out lie as he bought an expensive new flat for his new girlfriend and went on vacation with her twice this year.
    My mother told me that she and my father made a contract that he would pay for me during my studies but he always seeks ways to break it.
    I just don't know what to do anymore. A few weeks ago I got a new job and things where finally bevoming better but now its worse than before. I just can't hold the pressure my father is putting on me any longer.

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm sorry that is happening Anedon! [:D] It does sound quite unfair what he's doing. I hope he calms down and realizes that you can't always help how much energy is used so it isn't your fault.
    I know it's not ideal, but I will say that if it comes to it, it's possible to have roommates as an introvert, you just have to find the right ones who are either introverts themselves, or at least understand them. I did it for 3 years and we were all introverts so we completely understood when someone spent the day in their room or just didn't want to interact. But I do think it's important to have your own space, I don't know how big your flat is and if that would be possible.

Anedon likes this.
  5. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Ha! Offer to move in with the new girlfriend Anedon; bet he'd change his tune. Can you find ways to reduce your energy use and lower the bills? It will be hard with winter coming on...

Anedon likes this.
  6. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Thanks for your nice words

mavjade Well my flat isn´t that big, I mean its okay for one person and I guess I could fit someone else in. But only if that person would be a close friend or family memeber essentialy. It would force me to move out of my bedroom which is the only room I can sleep in as its the only one I can get dark. Also I fear that my father might choose the person to move in with me and he is easily ensnared, especially with people who are open, loud and just in general my opposite so the odds of finding another introvert or someone who tolerates that are slim. Also my father tends to ignore any wrongdoings against me if its done by people he likes, so if my roomate would bully/abuse me, my father would brush it of or find a way to see me as responsible.
    As you said you are an introvert, do you have any suggestions on part time jobs for introvertive persons?

Mistress_Renata That isn´t an option as his new girlfriend and I hate each other. (They demanded me to treat her like my mother.)Well I offered that to him but he said that the bills come only once a year so he won´t see what is happening until then and that wouldn´t be enough for him.

I just don´t know what to do, he has said I should phone him at the end of the weekend and tell him what I have achieved but I´m thinking about calling him tomorrow hoping that I can reason with him then.

Chyntuck likes this.
  7. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Of course it was a joke. :) I should have added a smiley for you. Sorry!

Anedon likes this.
  8. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Mistress_Renata Yeah I tought you where joking.I'm just pretty depresed right now and nothing can cheer me up. Thanks for the effort though.

Chyntuck and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  9. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
  10. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm sorry your dad is being unfair. Maybe give it a few days and talk to him again. Maybe try to reduce your bill. Not sure what you have included in your rent and what bills you have to pay separately - but save energy, lower the heat, unplug everything unless you are using it, etc.

And is there any possibility you can find a roommate who you know? My situation is a bit different because it's a house with two suites, but I'm fairly introverted and I have 2 housemates. I'm on my second set, but with both sets I knew at least one of the people since we were teenagers.

Anedon and Mistress_Renata like this.
  11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Anedon, this absolutely sucks and your dad seems to be controlling, like mine was. :( I have no idea how to advise you, but you're in my thoughts.

Anedon and Mistress_Renata like this.
  12. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Anedon Sorry to hear this is happening to you!

If the "contract" is between your parents, phone your Mum, and let her handle this.

Your father forcing you into making decisions, only risks undermining the agreement, so take yourself out of the conversation.

Have you seen any of these bills? If not, how would you know if they are too large? How would you know if any attempts to save energy was lowering the bills?

Anedon , Chyntuck and Ewok Poet like this.
  13. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Anedon Those were 'likes' of sympathy [:D] I'm so sorry this is happening to you, it sucks to find oneself in such a relationship with a parent :( I agree with Sith-I-5, is there a way you can pass the issue to your mother? It's not fair that you'd be the one "negotiating" with your father about something that was decided between your mother and him. If she can handle this for you, it's probably the better option.

--------------------------

We had to take my grandmother to the hospital today; she was feeling terrible and it turned out she had arrhythmia and pulmonary oedema and whatnot :( The doctors say that she's reacted very well to the treatment they gave her but she's still in intensive care (and she's 98 years old, which doesn't help). There's not much we can do for her because visits to the ICU are limited to a few minutes at a time for obvious reasons, but I might still go dormant on the boards for the next few days.

Mistress_Renata and Anedon like this.
  14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Sorry to hear about your Grandmother, Chyntuck

This doesn't seem to be a good weekend for several of us.

Chyntuck likes this.
  15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Chyntuck, that's horrible. :( I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your grandmother will make it, after all!

Sith-I-5, what's bothering you this weekend? :(

Me, I'm just...pessimistic. I want a job, so badly.

leiamoody and Chyntuck like this.
  16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh, sorry. I was just counting myself as part of this community.

Why did your coding work dry up? You appeared to be having international gigs.

You any good at artwork?

You seem to be capable cyclist. Is there any way that that could be used to earn money, eg. being a courier, a messenger, delivering papers, anything?

Chyntuck and Ewok Poet like this.
  17. yahiko

yahiko Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2015
    Inspiration is back! I've decided to shorten my novel due to lack of time, and I've found out that it makes my story more consistant and compelling.
    So, to overcome the writer's block, a solution could be to compress the story. :)

18. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Thanks Nehru_Amidala,Briannakin, Ewok Poet, Sith-I-5, Chyntuck for your nice words.
    Sadly there is no option to find people I know s a roommate as most people I know in my age don´t live in the town I´m currently living. And I really don´t it would work even then. And yeah I´ve seen the bills, my father isn´t making this up. Sadly my mother doesn´t want to get involved with my father anymore so she won´t talk with him about it.

I´ve talked again with my father today and thankfully the topic of sharing my falt seems to be of the table at least for now. Instead he suggested me finding a job during the next semester break, next year, or getting a student grant. It defenetly calmed me down a bit but I´m still worried if I could get one of those things.

19. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Oh, Chyntuck, so sorry to hear about your grandmother! I've never met her, I've only heard stories, but I love her. Warm thoughts and fuzzies going your way & to your family (I want Granny Chyn to be around longer).

Chyntuck likes this.
  20. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Chyntuck I hope your grandma will be alright---pulmonary oedema is not good at all, but it's a good sign she's responding to treatment. I will have her in my prayers.

Ewok Poet I know the feeling of wanting a job badly--for me, I learned that it pays off to be patient, which I have none of, but it's always worth a try. A last resort would be doing something out of your comfort zone while looking for that dream job, which may come up in unexpected places.

Chyntuck and Ewok Poet like this.
  21. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm sorry your grandmother is in the hospital Chyntuck! [:D] I hope the treatment continues to work and she gets better!

I'm glad things are a bit better and he's not pushing the flatmate Anedon. Hopefully you have the time to let it settle for a bit and discuss it with him later.

Chyntuck likes this.
  22. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother Chyn

My "bad" weekend was actually fairly funny (hey, as the Princess herself once said, "If my life wasn't funny, it would just be true, and that would be unnacceptable'). Some friends and I decided to drive out of town for an hour to a haunted corn maze because we were told it was wheelchair accessible. Well, it would have been if it hadn't poured down rain making the entire place a mud-pit (no ones fault, it happens). I can walk short distances but the maze was quite large, plus mud. I was fine just sitting by the bonfire they had going outside of the maze but one of my friends was like "No! I came because you came and I know no one will jump-scare the disabled girl!"

So he gave me a piggy back ride through the maze. And, yeah, most of the performers in the maze didn't do the whole jump-scare thing. EXECPT for one guy in a hockey mask. Needless to say, my friend's adrenaline kicked in, he tried to run, ended up bogged down in the mud and fell. I was fine (except for the mud and killing myself laughing), my friend was just so scared and the guy in the mask just felt so bad.

However, the real victim of the night was my friend's car. We got so muddy.

And I now have an idea for a fanfic.

Lady_Misty, Gamiel, yahiko and 3 others like this.
  23. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Thanks everyone! I just came home from visiting my grandmother. Her first question, in true Chyntuck fashion, was to ask if I'd smuggled some ouzo in the hospital for her. I guess it means she's on the mend :p (also, she's out of the ICU now, so she's definitely better than yesterday!)

Gemma, Lady_Misty, mavjade and 5 others like this.
  24. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I'm really sorry to hear about your grandmother, Chyntuck, but I'm glad to hear that she's out of intensive care. Here's hoping for the best.

Chyntuck likes this.
  25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A comic adaptation of The Cats of Ulthar by H.P. Lovecraft, illustrated by Jason Thompson
    from http://mockman.com/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nehru_Amidala and gizkaspice like this.