main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Ep. VIII) - December 15, 2017

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by EHT, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Kook

Kook Jedi Knight

Sep 16, 2015
    Any ideas when we'll get the official trailer? I'm projecting Oct 14 or 15 which would also advertise early ticket sales begin (60 days in advance)

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    THREAD MERGE.

3. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Saw it mentioned that many of the major trailers get dropped on a Tuesday, so I will go with October 17th.

4. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

Mark Hamill tweeted out that we should watch Monday Night Football on 10/9. He later deleted the tweet and said it was some obscure joke, but well, they've done trailer drop and ticket sales during MNF before, so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  6. Kook

Kook Jedi Knight

Sep 16, 2015
    Trailer during Monday Night Football? Just got Cinemark email on sale starting tomorrow 10/9

Dak Oolron and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  7. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  8. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

Yeah, obscure joke my ***. I'm already refreshing the AMC page for tonight. =)

9. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    oh yeah, get your tickets. I didn't find out that the tickets were being pre-sold today until close to my bed time, so I had a scramble to find some of the remaining seats that are available on opening weekend. I seriously thought about going to one of the really early showings (7:30am) as the other times were mostly filled up.

10. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    Thanks to the magic of following Rian Johnson on Twitter, I found out tickets were on sale a tad early 11 minutes after he posted it. Got the best seats in the house.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I managed to get the best seats in the house as well - probably because I'm going to a screening in the middle of the day. 2:20 pm 2D screening on December 13th. :)

12. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    It's kind of crazy hearing about all of you who had to rush to get tickets for good seats-even just for opening weekend! I understand it would be that for the "midnite showing," but for the theaters in my area (Denver suburbs) that's not the case. Even though everything is recliner seats now-which cuts down on the amount availiable in a theater-they don't fill up here that early. For both TFA and Rogue One, I was able to wait to get tickets till like November-and I still was able to get great seats on opening weekend! I agree much of it depends on WHEN you go (Friday vs Sunday, day vs night, etc.) but still, I'm okay going during the day on like Saturday or something.

I will be buying my tickets likely sometime in the next few weeks-probably closer to the end of the month. Partially for $ reasons. My plan is to do IMAX 3D at my AMC here with my wife-just like the last couple years (she's gone with me to all my first viewings of SW films since AOTC, so it's kind of a tradition). Then I'll just do 2D for subsequent viewings, probz on my own. Based on my experience with the previous two SW releases, I have no reason to believe this time around will be different in terms of getting seats.

13. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

I live in Vegas - if you're under 21, movies are essentially your go-to source of entertainment. Couple that with all the adult fans like myself who will also happily see the movie at 7:00 PM on a Thursday, and you've got a packed house. I'm sure that the weekend after won't be a problem, but for that first showing especially, I'm not taking any chances.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  14. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  15. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    PSA - if you watch a Star Wars movie every Thursday, starting this Thursday, 10/19, you'll watch The Last Jedi the Thursday after The Force Awakens (assuming you go I,II,III,RO,IV,V,VI,VII.) I know what I'm doing on Thursday nights until December!

16. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
  17. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    You can wait that long between movies?

18. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I already scheduled my viewings, but completely forgot to include Rogue One. I decided I'll be clever and watch Rogue One and ANH on the same night. Problem solved?

B99 likes this.
  19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'll probably try to squeeze in all of them about a month away..

Finland Skywalker likes this.
  20. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  21. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    So the runtime is supposed to be 150 minutes? More like The Long Jedi...

B99 likes this.
  22. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    FIFTY DAYS!!!

B99 and TCF-1138 like this.
  23. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  24. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    50 days ago was September 5th. A little something for the time nerds out there :cool:

25. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

HH's avatar reminds me to deliver a PSA - for those of you on the XBox One, KotOR is now backwards compatible, and if, like me, you have long since lost your disk, is on sale on the XBox store for a measley 10 bucks. Something to fill your 49 days with!

Howard Hand likes this.