main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource The Fanon Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by FanonSock, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Gamiel
    Yeah it goes in that direction. There are defenetly cellars/catacombs beyond their old buildings.

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Anedon how much do normal scholars from the Teris sector (or rather ones who have studied at the archaeological department of Serian's University) know about Athenar? Are they known by name or just as something along the line of "those that come before"/"the first civilization of the sector"

3. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Gamiel
    Well pretty much everyone in the Teris sector, and by extension the galaxy, know that the Athenar exsist. In the sector I would say most people know at least the basics about them, as there is still trade between them and the Athenar. So I would say a scolar from Serian would know proably quite a bit about them, maybe he could even have seen one before as they sometimes come to the sector.Though in terms of their past the Athenar aren´t very communicative about it so I guess the people in the Teris sector don´t know much about it.
    The Athenar are generally seen as a mystical race, but at the same time the Terians see them as friends and allies and tend to trust them. So I think if the Athenar would tell them not to explore a certain ruin, most Terians wouldn´t do it.
    Though some of this would probably depened on the time, when does your story take place?

Gamiel likes this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Ok, that's good to know and what I needed
    Don't really know, prorobly around Saga-ero give or take 50-years

Is there any kind of overall naming tradition in Teris sector and/or on Serian?

Since the Athenar are elves/faries maybe I should use Gondorian or Celtic names?

5. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Well in the years leading up to the movies the Athenar where pretty reclusive, with many of the debating the prophecy of the chosen one and preparing for the storm they saw coming. Of course they where attacked by the empire some time after the end of the clone wars the Athenar worlds close to the Teris sector remained more intact that the ones in other parts of the galaxy due to staying rather isolated.
    After Endor they started to open up again and aided Gaven Seral in his fight against the pirates in later years, strengthening their ties with the Terians again.
    So if you want the Athenar to be more distant you could have the story take place before the rise of the empire, or if you want them be more present you should look at the time beginning in 25 ABY.

In terms of names I think the people on Serian specificaly would still use names like in the galactic core as they value their traditions. For the rest yeah I kinda like these celthic names so I went with that. Though of course given the Teris sector houses many beings from many places its possible to find a wide variety of names, especially among the less traditional residents.
    With Athenar names I usually looked at Warhammer/Warhammer 40k for inspiration, but its rather open as long as it sounds "elfy". ;)
    (Also if you want you could send me the names you come up with and I will have a look at them.)

Sith-I-5 and Gamiel like this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Fanon regarding canon species and culture (that's not large enought to deserve it's own post)
    Most of this stuff is old stuff that has been moved here

Barabels
    * Barabels to me are not green, they come in different shades of colours like blue, red and purple but not green.

Bothans
    * Just as more or less all humans have a gathering and hording instinct so do the bothans have the same kind of instinct but instead of items so do they gather and horde information.
    * In a fight or flight situation so do the bothans have a lesser fight instinct then humans.
    * The bothan way with its blackmailing, backstabbing and opportunism is cultural and there exist bothan colonies that completely lack it.

Duros
    * The Duros’ government is not a megacorporation but a cartel made up by many different corporations of different size and specialization but all have something to do with living or travelling in space.
    * Many of the duros corporations make their money by creating spaceship hardware and “skeletons” for planets who wants to build their own spaceships but lack the industry to create them from the ground and up.
    * One of the duros sub-species are the Abyssins who have evolved somewhere in the unknown regions, they are said to be even better spacers and navigators then the normal duros but also have a dark reputation.
    * Duros are actually so good spacers that standard spaceships often don’t allow them to go all out.

Gamorreans
    * Sumo wrestling is a big sport among gamorreans that only a handful can master, probably because so few have the self-control needed to stay by the roles.
    * There exist two known Force traditions among the gamorreans: the Wildriders on Pzob, and Fire Belchers on Gamorr

Ho’din
    * Ho’din spaceships all have a garden, that often take up a full deck if not more.

Kwa
    * The kwa expanded into the galaxy using a combination of hyperspace canons and engines, both primitive by modern standard, and using special trained Force users as navigators, helped by the most rudimentary of astrogation technology. This method meant that the kwa could only travel to planets strong in the Force and a chart of their travel way would look rather strange to a modern astrogatior. When they had got a new planet they begun creating hypergates to link their people together.
    * What made the kwa mutate into the kwi (among others) were actually long time exposition to the radiation from their portal gates.
    * There exist many subspecies to the kwa across old kwa-space. They can be sentient, semi-sentient and non-sentient.

Ryn
    * Many of the ryn strongly believe in the “A ships history shapes it character, know its history and you understand it quirks” superstition and work hard to find out the full history of any ship they own. This history is then incorporated into a kaavad (a portable, painted, wooden shrine) that is then used to illustrate the retelling of the ships history

Wookiees / Kashyyyk
    * Wookiees are master woodworkers, they can make anything that can be made of wood. Kashyyykians lacquer work are exported across the whole galaxy and their puzzle boxes are only lesser to LeMarchand's.
    * One of Kashyyyk’s luxurious exports are wooden spaceship.
    * Wookiees have a preference for decorations and items made from biological material, their spaceships have wooden panels, potted plants, decorative animal pelts & bones and many of them have gardens that can take up more then half the ship.

Yanibarians / Yanibar
    * Yanibarian art resemble Tibetan and Hindu art.
    * There are no domesticable animals on Yanibar that are useful as mounts and there is no tradition of using wagons as personal transports (except for the old and sick) this means that people have walked when they wanted somewhere. Now a-days when mechanized transports are available so do the people of Yanibar still often walk, if it takes one hour or less to get somewhere by foot so do you walk. Taking a transport for such a short distance is just something that milk-blooded off-worlders do.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  7. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I started posting my entry for the Fanon Horror Challenge in Saga-OT: The Mists of Mehr. (The original plan was to post the last chapter today for Halloween, but then stuff happened and I got sidetracked. You're all getting a Halloween beginning instead.)

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  9. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Gamiel Shall I add Bran-Mak-Morn to the list of planets in the Teris sector?

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do that if you want, I would be glad to see it. I'll give you my thoughts about it when I'm finished with my story (so I don't say anything that will contradict something in the story)

11. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Okay, I´ve added it to the list. I kept it rather vague so it doesn´t contradict your story, I hope its okay for you.

Gamiel likes this.
  12. FanonSock

FanonSock Jedi Master star 1

Nov 11, 2014
    It’s taken me long enough, but I have now updated the index for the Horror Challenge with the three entries we’ve gotten so far. Thanks so much to those who have contributed, and of course I look forward to more!

And I’m so glad to see the discussion coming along in such a lively manner. This is just what this thread is for, so keep it up, folks!

Finally, if there are any updates that I've missed and that I should announce, please let me know—it's been a very hectic last few weeks. As always, by PM is the best way to alert me about such things. Thanks again, all. :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  13. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Findswoman likes this.
  14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

FINALLY FOUND THIS. IMMA DIE HERE. NOW. [face_laugh]

I have invented a similar product for the awards skit, but this one's different enough to be added to the list.

Back to the foods...

Why did I think that pomato was canon? Hmmm...

Sunfruit could be added to the listing, so could my equivalents for the terms zomarella ("mooncheese" - slang, an inside joke), zabil (ryoo - otherwise canon) and huttza (but your flatpie, too!). I think it's all perfectly logical - different parts of the GFFA use different words for the same things.

Findswoman and divapilot like this.
  15. FanonSock

FanonSock Jedi Master star 1

Nov 11, 2014

Yes, combining this challenge with another one is absolutely fine. Just post the link in both this thread and that one when you're finished, in keeping with WarmNyota_SweetAyesha said in that thread. :)

Gamiel and Ewok Poet like this.
  16. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Thank you. :)

Findswoman likes this.
  17. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Different people have come up with different ANGRY MACE™ products. I think I mentioned this in another thread somewhere, but the ANGRY MACE™ brand is such an inspired (and hilarious) invention, that it totally deserves its own fanon post.

Findswoman likes this.
  18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I am planning that, hopefully for December, because I wanted input from Raissa Baiard and you - it was only the three of us making them up.

Findswoman likes this.
  19. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016

Really? It seemed like more people. It probably will be eventually. I can totally see ANGRY MACE™ becoming a meme on the JCF fanfic forums.

20. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    It will, most likely. Just like "Sheevy Sheev" did. :D

I can still write something for November, though...haven't written since the-month-that-shall-not-be-mentioned and that was long ago.

Findswoman likes this.
  21. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    ANGRY MACE pet food... come oooon... you know you wanna... :cool:

Ewok Poet, Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    There are seventeen products, one of which is a six-limbed sweater for canines (implying Codru-Ji cubs).

Findswoman likes this.
  23. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    And of those seventeen products, does there just happen to be a line of premium cat food products that are grain-free with minimal fillers, preferable made with free range poultry or a nutritionally appropriate alternative? (I had to ask because...uh...reasons...) :p

24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

I need to catch-up (or, as I say, ketchup) with the source of those reasons. ;) Got so many recommendations, intimidated by the volume of work...AND IT JUST KEEPS ON GETTING BIGGER. HALP.

So...hmmm...how about one of these:

ANGRY MACE™ cat kibble - made from our free-range Endorian chicken leftovers on [insert a newer canon agriworld...help?]

ANGRY MACE™ gourmet cat meal - feed your feisty pet with this decadent treat worthy of a Knight of Ren!

I can come up with more. We can work together on lots of ANGRY MACE™. [face_idea] I could try and create packing, too. :D

25. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Does each thing come with their own brand of Vengeance Sprinkles?

That reminds me: what about Angry Mace funfetti cake? It would have to be funfetti, with the Vengeance Sprinkles.