main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm curious about the clans.

Now that we know of a Clan Rook - which has the same "eyed helmet" theme of Rook Kast - what is Rook Kast - Clan Rook, Clan Kast, or both? Maybe her parents were from both clans, and she chose to take both names to honour the two?

Also - we know Alrich Wren took his wife's name. Could he have been a member of Clan Rook or Kast before that - bringing some of its themes with him - like helmets with eyes, or helmets with earpoints? Being artistic (his wife's creativity is more in the field of warfare) he may have designed or modified her helmet.

Boba's armour colours match those of Clan Eldar - might that component of his armour have been gotten from a Clan Eldar member?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Boba Fett: That there is one damn fine coat armour you're wearin'.

Iron_lord likes this.
  3. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm also curious about the Mythosaur Skull symbol. Is it still the symbol of "The Mandalore" in the newcanon? This image of Pre-Viszla, from the Voyage of Temptation episode (going by the Episode Gallery at least), shows him wearing it on his cape:

[​IMG]

but in the earlier The Mandalore Plot:

he appears to be wearing just the regular Viszla shriek-hawk.

Is this a hint that between The Mandalore Plot and Voyage of Temptation, he started claiming to be "The Mandalore"?

4. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    Boba's colors do not match Clan Eldar's. Boba is green/red/yellow/grey. Eldar is olive/grey/orange.

Boba
    [​IMG]
    Eldar
    [​IMG]
    As for the symbol on Vizsla's cape, it's just an editing error. They intentionally changed it in order to make him more distinct from Boba Fett, whom the mythosaur skull is more visually associated with.

Full info below, at 11:55 mark.
    Rook Kast and Ursa Wren are the only canon Mandos I'm aware of thus far that have the "cat ears" built into the helmet. They are also both female Mandalorians of significant rank, perhaps the ears are some kind of sign of rank or leadership? Otherwise I can't think of what else it might signify other than the creators simply wanting to borrow a design aspect from one character to another. Sometimes there is no subtext or connection, it just "is".

The "eyes" on Mandalorian helmets are still Jaig Eyes in canon, though they originate from Legends.
    Source is "Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded"
    [​IMG]

Gamiel likes this.
  5. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012

true - but didn't Vizsla lose his cape in the fight with Obi-Wan and need to replace it? I could see it as "he has multiple capes".

True - but the orange is fairly close to Boba's red in shade, and the olive fairly close to green. I can see why people think it's a continuity nod to Boba:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Recap/StarWarsRebelsHeroesOfMandalore

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    Eh, I...don't think I agree, I don't think the red and orange are even remotely close. I think if they wanting it to be a direct nod to Fett they'd have made the closers significantly closer to each other, though it's worth noting in the "Creating Mandalore" featurette Filoni mentions some ideas about Mandalorians supplying Fett with his armor, or him possibly taking it from a defeated Mando.

Tvtropes doesn't mean anything, literally anyone can edit it for any reason without sources or references. Though I suppose it's worth something that many folks have made that same connection, so maybe it's at the least a foreshadowing of some kind? Would be cool to see how Boba gets his armor and if it's a "spoils of war" deal or if he is on friendly/business terms with the Mandos. Doesn't seem like canon Mandos would give/sell their armor to just anyone.

As for the cape thing I'm just saying what the producers said. There isn't really an in-universe reason for it. Though, it is worth noting that several of the flags hanging before Maz Kanata's castle are indeed Mandalorian war banners so the mythosaur skull definately represents something or someone in Mandalorian culture, though I don't think it's the specific symbol for the Mand'alor. Source is "Star Wars: Complete Locations".

7. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    So out of curiosity for all the mando aficionados here how does everyone think the Mandos view the force?

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Old canon or new?

9. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
  10. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Overall, likely in contempt. Mandos are generally mercs, and likely have felt used by a lot of Force users, whether in the KOTOR era or the PT. After the Clone Wars, I can see that contempt and desire to be away from it all going up, which can be a retroactive reason as to why many weren't seen until later in the saga.

Granted, the CW stuff is most likely tainted by Traviss' own issues against the Jedi, but that's how I see it.

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    My impression was that Traviss' Mandos considered the Force more-or-less cheat codes that a real warrior (like them) did not need. (They may be compensating for always being the ones that are on the losing side in the last 1000 years (or more) of mando/jedi conflicts)

Some other views I know of are: Demagol in the TOR comic, who seems to think (to my understanding) that the Jedi's Force abilities where some kind of psychic powers/genetic mutation that he could figure out and then copy to give the Mandalorians those powers; Mandalore the Indomitable seemed to see no problem with Ulic Qel-Droma using the Force in defeating him or Aleema Keto later helping them with their (the united madalorian & Tetra armed forces) attacks by using sorcerous illusions; Fenn Shysa in his interactions with Luke (in the old Marvel comics) showed no problem with him being a Jedi or using the Force (what I remember).

DavrelKex, SWpants and kalzeth like this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I have not played the KotOR games but I know that there was at least one mando there. Did we get his view on the Force?

13. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Seems right to post a little pause for remember of our fallen Vode and those who have had their success'.

To those with us: aay'han
    To the fallen: Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum

Bardan_Jusik and kalzeth like this.
  14. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    That is interesting. I can certainly see the cheat code angle. In that it gives force users a leg up in combat that is not innate to them and is not "earned".

I wonder how would Mandos view the Jedi and Sith side by side in comparison? Which would the average mando be more willing to work or get along with?

kalzeth likes this.
  15. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Darth Invictus
    Neither, really. They thought of them both as just nutty saber Jo kies from what I gathered.
    Also Demagol was obsessed with the force and tried to artificially create manda Jedi. Many mandalorians of his time thought he was crazy. I'm willing to guess Mandalorians didn't want to have much to do with the force. The Mandalorian Knights of the Neocrusader age and Jedi like Bardan Jusik were definitely oddballs in there time.

kalzeth likes this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I'm not certain I follow what you are saying here (I blame that English is my second language), can you say it again but with different worlds? Tack på förhand

What era are we talking about here? TotJ, KotOR, TOR, Movies, post-movies? Views changes with time (and continuity) you know

17. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I'm asking if the mandos believe the force is some sort of cheat.

KOTOR era

18. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Currently I'm into constructed languages. I've even learned Esperanto (it's very simple). Mi parolas la internacian lingvon!

What about the Mandalorian language? Is it speakable like Quenya and Sindarin from J.R.R. Tolkien's Legendarium? Most artistic languages that were created for use within fictional worlds only have fractually developed grammar and a highly restricted vocabulary.

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I can say that it has a rather restricted vocabulary, but I cant say about grammar or is it overall speakable. It's also lacking loanwords, beside some place/organication names

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I do not think the language was ever completely developed. I know Travis’s wanted to, but never finished it.

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Nom von Anor likes this.
  23. Darkside Floyd

Darkside Floyd Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2008
    Canderous Ordo. His view was mainly that the Jedi (led by Revan) were more worthy foes/warriors than Republic forces. I'm not sure if he saw the Force as an outright cheat or not. Rather, since the Jedi wielded the Force, it made defeating (killing) them all the more honorable since I gather it took more effort and skill to do so.

Su'cuy Mando! A wanderer has returned to the home world after long strange travels.

kalzeth and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Su cuy'gar!

Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. Darkside Floyd

Darkside Floyd Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2008
    Elek bal'ban.

(Hope that's right. It's been awhile. :))