main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #1-6: The Chosen One (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Mar 10, 2017.

1. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

From what was written in the new EU so far, it seems to me the fact that the Emperor is a Sith and a Dark Side user is a secret that only very few know.

Some high ranking officials and officers probably know or at least strongly suspect, but your average galactic citizen has no idea who Palpatine really is or even how he really looks like now. The official image of the Emperor is how he looked before his face melted. And besides, not many people in the galaxy probably know what Sith is anyway.

That said, I think the Inquisitors definitely know the Emperor is a Sith.

Vialco and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't think Palpatine "hides it" but the case is he's rarely outside of the Imperial Palace anyway and doesn't do anything in public instead there's just proxies and body doubles. It's just when he's out and about (around Courscant) he's just radiating evil and doesn't hesitate to use it (like he did on a Rebel spy who tried to assassinate him, however Palpatine being a Sith sure was a surprise to him).

3. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    What I'm saying is that when he was Chancellor, he hid his presence in the Force. Otherwise, Yoda would've noticed during their first meeting that he was "radiating evil". As Emperor, with all the force users dead, in hiding, or working for him, he obviously didn't need to hide it anymore, to the point where even muggles like Ciena are physically disturbed by his presence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vialco likes this.
  4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Solicitation for issue 10.
    DARTH VADER #10
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (A/C)
    GALACTIC ICON VARIANT COVER BY Rod Reis
    • Vader’s showdown with Jocasta Nu comes to a startling conclusion!
    • What secret information has the Jedi librarian risked her life to protect?
    • And can she stop Vader from getting it?
    32 PGS. /Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2017 Lucasfilm Ltd.

5. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I hope the secret Jocasta risked her life for isn't a group of younglings or padawans, as that has been done three times in Legends. Either recanonize the old or cover new ground.

6. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Here's the cover. It is the best hands down.
    [​IMG]

7. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Nice :cool: Now that we havebthe cover, I'd add to my previous comment that I hope Jocasta tries to protect this special holocron.

8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Honestly never thought anyone could make Jocasta Nu look like a kick-butt warrior, but dang.

9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Librarians. Do not mess with.

10. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I think it's pretty cool what they're doing with her. Certainly more interesting that Vader simply killing her in the Temple.

11. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    A librarian with the Force. Very dangerous.

12. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I think it'd be interesting if Jocasta mentions during the arc that during the attack on the temple she had the choice to either help the younglings escape or protect the Holocrons and being a librarian with a high regard for sacred knowledge unapologetically took the Holocrons. Though then again that might be a little dark for a "Good guy"

Kualan, JackG, The Mirificus and 4 others like this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The fall of the Republic era Jedi caring more for preserving knowledge for future generations than the lives of the current one is, darkly, something I can totally see fitting.

14. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I thought the first series was awesome, but the second one is off to an amazing start

themoth and Vialco like this.
  15. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    An intriguing idea... I notice the Holocron on the cover seems rather large compared to what we are used to. A larger holocron to hold more Jedi teachings? Of course, it could just be a "dramatic" cover detail, and not signify anything different about Jocasta's holocron at all. I would welcome "shades of gray" in the morality of Jedi characters, and was a bit disappointed we didn't get any with Master In'Fila.

Another idea is that perhaps the coveted holocron is the one previously sought by Palpatine via Cade Bane back in TCW: the list of Force-sensitive children. For the Younglings in the Temple on Coruscant, it was already too late, but it is not necessarily so for the children that were on the list. They could be essential in rebuilding the Jedi Order. Palpatine reiterated in Rebels that finding such children was a priority to him, and a task for the Inquisitors, so if the holocron in the Vader comic is this one, I would predict that Jocasta ends up destroying it.

revan772, BigAl6ft6, MrDarth0 and 6 others like this.
  16. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016
    Jocasta should really be nothing to Vader. I really hope they don't show him being cut up, losing limbs, going through the grinder AGAIN just to make her look "badass." She should spend the majority of the issue on the run and afraid of a direct confrontation as there is no way she stands a hair of chance against Vader.

kalzeth likes this.
  17. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    My guess is she runs. Kills an Inquisitor and then Vader gets her

18. kalzeth

Aug 26, 2017

19. kalzeth

Aug 26, 2017

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Nerds! Geeks! Of all people, you should know the answer to this! Jocasta's got brains. She's got wisdom (cue Dex quote). She's going to outsmart the **** outta Anakin.

Or so I hope.

21. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I just hope she's not going to die by the end of the arc just like they killed Kirak.

22. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    Seriously. She's a librarian. Knowledge is her power and knowledge is the threat she poses. Maybe - just maybe, really wild idea - this arc won't be about people's power levels.

23. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Shouldn't all this discussion about any future unreleased issues be covered in spoiler tags, especially a picture of the cover?

Please and thank you.

24. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    We're talking about the same woman who insisted that anything not in the archives doesn't exist?

25. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    Which would have been correct if someone hadn't abused their position of trust and tampered with the archives behind her back, so I'm not sure that scene really deserves its rep for being such a burn on her character.