main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit [Fantasy Flight Games] Because it just keeps getting better

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 7, 2012.

1. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Apparently, Wave 7 is still noted as in development on the FFG site, which means that it will unlikely come out this side of Christmas (given that printing and shipping take a few months).

2. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    As long as I get my Profundity and Chimera soon I'm happy.

I also discovered I haven't opened anything since wave 8 of X_wing and its been sitting waiting for me to do so. Guess what I'm doing this weekend :D:D:D:D

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Genesys just went to "on the boat", as did Cyphers and Masks.

Darth_Henning likes this.
  4. Darth_Henning

Jun 1, 2007
    Wait....does Legion come painted??

5. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I wonder if Dornean gunships will get a release soon and they've come up with new names for them since it's clear that Braha'tok and Torktarak are staying Legends right now.

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

They're reusing Braha'tok (at least, as a name for the class as a whole):

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    I don't believe it does

8. Darth_Henning

Jun 1, 2007
    I didn't think so either, but all the previous for Imperial assault showed shots of the unpainted miniatures. and so far all the shots of Legion figures are painted, in more or less the same scheme. So not I'm curious (and hoping not because my Wallet cannot afford adding another game)

9. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Sorry but the products page is very clear that they're unpainted. https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-legion/

Darth_Henning likes this.
  10. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Ugh, FFG confirmed on Twitter that Wave 7 of Armada is delayed until early Q1 2018. I need my Profundity fix ASAP! :-B

--Adm. Nick

11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  12. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    So I've decided to take my players on a little side quest, we're playing the main campaing for almost a year now and I want something fresh for them, with lower stakes, just a fun and challenging little adventure.
    I'll be using the Jewel of Yavin adventure, mostly because I think my players should learn to solve problems without fighting and I've seen there's a LOT of planning involved in this one, so it migth be a good learning experience. Also, there's a race involved, and that's an opportunity for the party's pilot to shine a little bit.

If anyone used this particular adventure before, comments and tips on it are very welcome!

13. Darth_Henning

Jun 1, 2007
    Some very interesting cards there. Chopper could potentially be the start of an X-wing buff, but I'd still like to see a Rogue and Wraith Squadron 2-pack with title cards that did a proper buff with new paint schemes.

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

It's the best adventure they've done, IMHO. Just enjoy and be flexible, and make the Bespin Grand Prix feel like a race. Watch Rush or the 1966 John Frankenheimer film Grand Prix for inspiration.

Giovs and Sinrebirth like this.
  15. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    I

I've been reading the adventure and it does sounds like a lot of fun! I'm only a little worried on keeping track of all the NPC's and their motivations and all. But I'm studying it, I'll probably start it this weekend.

16. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Tonight, the first real full night of adventure where I can relax and be a player... and the setting is the TION CLUSTER! :D

Time to break out the large-scale map...

17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

I usually do a Word doc or spreadsheet with character, page of their stats, and brief summary of their role in things. That way you have a reference guide on hand for who you're dealing with and where their essential details are found in the adventure.

But, don't be afraid to change things up, to redefine the role of an NPC or go off adventure entirely if the players want it.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
  19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
  20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
  21. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007
    Excited that the Resistance and Rebellion are discreet factions that can work together. It sets up era-specific play, and also paves the way for a "X-Wing only. Rebel Alliance only" T-65 title to give the X-Wing something useful to do in this game.

Ender Sai likes this.
  22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    just you wait til they add First Order and Republic/Resistance ships to Armada. Nick will be unable to control himself!

TheRedBlade likes this.
  23. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I would expect guys that the RPG will slow down a bit. They can't do prequel era stuff, because - and people always get this wrong - the FAD mechanics are not designed to let you build Jedi. You build Force users akin to Luke early on, or really - Kyle Katarn in Dark Forces II. Still well below the paper-thin "characters" who flipped around like space ninja-wizards because SFX is apparently more important than depth. And whilst there is Knight-level play - adding 150 earned XP at creation to flesh out talents, force powers, and skills - it's still giving you a bit of late ESB/early-ROTJ level Luke powers. Not even close to TPM Obi-Wan.

(I also get the feeling the FFG devs are all of an age where they were into WEG and Star Wars before the prequels, so they didn't really enjoy them at all.)

TOR-era I feel would not suffer from the same mechanical limitations as the prequel era because you could rationalise the Jedi were less advanced in their techniques, less centralised and prescriptive, and more vulnerable to regular people. But I'm not sure that's on their radar, tbh. It doesn't synergise with Legion, IA, X-Wing, or Armada.

And as I've said before, the sequel trilogy stuff is ripe for a Dawn of Rebellion style book but I can't see it happening before Episode 9.

Plus, genesys is officially out today and as such the devs will be working on that. So FFG's output, Star Wars wise, would in my view be Destiny, IA, Legion, X-Wing, CCG, and Armada. Some RPG, not much, until Ep 9.

25. Darth_Henning

Jun 1, 2007
    With the majority of sourcebooks and abilities decks out the main classes for each of the 3 RPGs should be completed next year I suspect. Which leaves adventure modules or generic guides to areas and locations. I could still see a title every two months.

AOR Module - core sourcebook - FAD Modules - outer rim sourcebook - EoTE Module - Hapes Cluster sourcebook....etc.

Throw in some cross-theme sourcebooks on Droids, Ships, Weapons, etc and they could pump out at an equal rate easily.