main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC IMDb for Hollywood/Celebrity/Famous sexual predators

Discussion in 'Community' started by vin, Oct 30, 2017.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

As far as I've seen reported, Arnold Schwarzenegger's affair with the maid was consensual. It's incredibly messed up still anyway.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

There were stories that came out about him and women on the set of his early films around the the the maid story came to light.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The stories I've read about Mel Gibson's antics towards his female co-stars on film sets are disgusting and creepy.

4. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003

I remember a British tv presenter telling how he groped her breast, plus several other stories in a similar vein.

5. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Dude, this place runs like ****. I had to refresh the page four times, just to like Vin's post.

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I logged in and logged out, and it seems to be doing a teensy bit better for me.

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Well, I keep coming back and trying to add more nuance and nail down exactly what it is I'm trying to say and I guess maybe if I am feeling the need to continually qualify saying something more and more, I just shouldn't say it. I mean, if I'm having this much trouble communicating it, I feel like I'll definitely **** it up and end up offending or angering someone when I don't mean to. Let's skip it.

SuperWatto likes this.
  9. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I've found that navigation itself doesn't have significant lag for me, but anything that causes the animation bar in the top right to appear (like hitting post, hitting like, hovering over the alerts button, hitting anything that would bring up an overlay window) suffers severe response lag.

Concerning double posts, my workaround has been to open another tab when a post takes long to go through. And they will usually go through, even when I get a server timeout error message, telling me that it didn't. I will come back after a minute and see that the post is there, even though the error message told me that it timed out.

Alpha-Red and CT-867-5309 like this.
  10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Yeah, there's a distinct pattern to the multiple post error that makes it fairly simple to avoid most of the time. It's still annoying.

11. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    A VCR in my house that was bought 17-years ago works better.

yankee8255 likes this.
  12. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
  13. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    pat patterson of wrestling fame

14. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I was kinda counting on you to say it.

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Speaking of serial offenders, as opposed to the likes of Affleck, add John Travolta to the list. He managed to put a lid on it, but there were a few too many masseurs making claims for my taste.

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

Actually I think your original post on Affleck was kind of on point. Definitely echoing my feelings on Affleck's situation as opposed to the likes of Kevin Spacey/Harvey Weinstein.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh, well, thank you. I guess a couple of people did see my post before I ended up deleting it. I was initially just trying to kind of parse the difference between the people I see as predators and the people I see as offenders. I feel like predator should kind of be reserved for people who are serial offenders and I wish we'd be more careful as far as lumping people who've had one or two allegations over a period of several years in with them. Wow, well, there it was; not sure why I had so much trouble saying that before. I was just worried that I was coming off as defending people who, like Affleck, did some really awful stuff just because "they only did it once" or something. That's not at all what I meant. Obviously, some things aren't okay to even do once; but I think we should make a distinction between people who have done bad things and people who have carried out a non-stop campaign of bad things over years and years. And I also think there's a distinction to be made between people who have gone through the courts or something like that. Again, punishments aren't always what they should be and the idea that you can pay a person enough money to make up for having sexually assaulted them is stupid. But there's something to it still, I think, when people do serve their time and/or pay some legal penalty. Repulsive as Victor Salva is, for instance, he got caught, went to court & did his time and, for my money, that puts him a level higher than Weinstein or Spacey. Again, not defending anybody here at all, just making some overlooked distinctions.

18. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  19. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Jimmy Page
    Don Henley

20. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Rick James.

21. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Pepé Le Pew

Seriously, that cat clearly isn't into you, leave her alone.

22. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    You realize the National Enquirer is to be treated like the Brits treat the Daily Mail right?

24. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Shut up Tunick Juliet.

Ender Sai likes this.
  25. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Boing Boing has echoed the Enquirer with some additional information, including some quotes from Sheen and Denise Richards' divorce, so it looks like it has some weight