main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Forces of Destiny: New Animated Shorts Series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

Yeah but like BookExogorth mentioned, there is no indication that anything went wrong with the meeting with her contact. Her script at the end makes it sound like she was joy riding on Sabine's bike, and to back that up there is the fact that we had just seen her wreck a bike on purpose for no reason other than to show off I guess (Physics fail again by the way, she should be in that wall on fire with the bike).

BookExogorth likes this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I thought the brakes had malfunctioned and she had to throw herself off (and, on the ground, bleed off the momentum from being on the bike, fast, in order to avoid rolling into the fire).

3. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I guess you could look at it like that, but there is no actual indication of that. She seems to be on the throttle and crouched down on the bike in a low drag position, not what you'd be doing if you were trying to stop. And she jumps off the bike and instantaneous stops in mid air. This is Star Wars though where unpowered ships stop in space, so I will forgive FoD here, it happens so often in all SW media, character jumps off/out a speeding, out of control and crashing vehicle and hits the ground at walking speed, all their previous momentum having magically disappeared.

4. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015

ROTFL LMFAO. In tears.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    the Rey one I liked because more Rey in anything. The Jyn one kinda ticked me off because there is no freakin' way that was Felicity Jones unless she had a pretty severe head cold and forgot her accent. I do appreciate the feast one because I always KNEW the Ewoks were going to eat the Imps, and have been believing that for years, so it's nice to see how they got out of it. And, hey, Hera's still alive, whooo.

6. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    That is Felicity Jones, and her Jyn voice is pretty much her natural accent. People just sound different in the vocal booth. It probably wasn't even a vocal booth, she may have recorded her lines over the phone or something. I was surprised to find out that Genevieve O'Reilly was the voice of Mon Mothma in Rebels, for instance.

7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I have to watch it again if it is Felicity, I could hardly tell it was her. The first FoD short, I could tell straight away.

8. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    So according to some Internet searching we're done for a while and we'll get more stories in 2018...

9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I hope they get bored of good girls and starting in with bad girl episodes. They can still have "good" morals about friendship and being patient when your friends trash your stuff, and still be "villains". (TCW actually did that fairly well when Asajj was a bounty hunter).

La Calavera and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  10. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    APHRA PLEASE
    RAE SLOANE PLEASE
    BO KATAN BO KATAN BO KATAN

11. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  12. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Aw poor Maz is still homeless and now she's going to get eaten by nocturnal critters that have already shown a blatant disregard for her cutlery. She probably has only a couple of bowls after she left her castle.

I just saw this on an advertisement today -- it looks like Sabine might go to Yavin, if it's not just marketing?

[​IMG]

13. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Shouldn't her hair be coloured like in Season 3 & 4? This hair colour is like in Season 2, and the Ghost Crew didn't go to Yavin until after Season 3 ended.

So, yeah, I guess just marketing? TBH I don't remember what scenes were shown in the trailers and thus I don't know if Sabine was shown on Yavin in any of them [face_dunno]

14. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Just picked up the Forces of Destiny: Tales of Hope and Courage in-universe journal written by Maz Katana. It adapts a number of strories from the FoD series as told from the perspective of Maz. They include: Leia - Beasts of Echo Base, Sabine - Newest Recruit, Ahsoka - The Padawan Path, Jyn - The Stranger and Rey - Sands of Jakku.

To be honest being told from Maz's perspective doesnt add anything, but I was pleased to read that with Echo base they included the missing scenes from the Daring Adventures adaptation.

The main draw of these journals are the pull outs and the added bits here and there. Sadly the majority of the pull outs are larger artwork, whilst admittidly quite nice, not what I wanted. Leia's story does however have a pull out with incoming transmissions from Han, Luke and C3PO on Hoth before ESB. Equally Jyn's pull out shows what Jyn has on her whilst on Garel. This includes, credits. com link, thermal detanator, necklace, slicing equipment and perhaps weirdly pins used for unlocking shaped like the star bird and the Republic.

There is also an invite for The Festival of Light Gala which commemorates Naboo's joining of the Republic. Guests can cosy up with Padme and Chancellor Palpatine on Naboo. Fireworks at dawn!

Also one thing did make me chuckle, whilst Maz respects the Jedi, she found the council too "stuffy".

15. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Do you think it'd be possible to show us a pic of the invitation?

16. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Your wish is my command (although very lucky, as I only have access to a scanner at work and this was delivered to my work by the postman today!)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Dang that is messed up.

18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Ah, they didn't region lock Volume 2 FoTD so I can finally see what Maz has been up to this whole time! (Seriously, region locking is annoying but the fact they region locked Vol 1 and didn't region lock this means I only get half of what she's been doing)

Although that may have to wait a week cuz I've been studiously avoiding youtube for fear of TLJ spoilers. Heck even when I hit pause on that there's a TLJ analysis video, ahhh!!

19. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Forces of Destiny shorts are back on March 19!
    http://clubjade.net/forces-of-destiny-is-back-on-march-19
    Disney has announced that we can expect the next set of Forces of Destiny shorts on Monday, March 19. All eight new episodes will debut at 10:00 a.m. PT (1:00 p.m. ET) on Disney’s Youtube and Disney.com. The special will air on the Disney Channel the following Monday (March 25) at 9:50 p.m. ET/PT.

Voices include Mark Hamill (Luke), Daisy Ridley (Rey), John Boyega (Finn), Lupita Nyong’o (Maz), Kelly Marie Tran (Rose), Tiya Sircar (Sabine), Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka), Vanessa Marshall (Hera), Catherine Taber (Padmé) and Matt Lanter (Anakin).
    [​IMG]
    Forces of Destiny 202 – Unexpected Company
    Upset when Ahsoka joins a mission set for just he and Padmé, Anakin puts them on a dangerous path. Working alongside the secret couple, Ahsoka helps save the day.

[​IMG]
    Forces of Destiny 201 – Hasty Departure
    Hera and Sabine liberate an Imperial shuttle only to find they have unexpected cargo – troopers!

[​IMG]
    Forces of Destiny 204 – Jyn’s Trade
    Jyn helps a young thief learn a valuable lesson.

[​IMG]
    Forces of Destiny 203 – Shuttle Shock
    On their approach to Canto Bight, Finn and Rose learn to work together to navigate a pod of dangerous creatures.

[​IMG]
    Forces of Destiny 205 – Run Rey Run
    While scavenging inside a Star Destroyer, Rey is cornered by competition on the hunt for a valuable part.

[​IMG]
    Forces of Destiny 206 – Bounty Hunted
    Maz Kanata helps Leia, Chewbacca and R2-D2 with a clever plan to free Han from Jabba the Hutt.

[​IMG]
    Forces of Destiny 207 – The Path Ahead
    Training with Master Yoda in the swamps of Dagobah, Luke learns an important lesson.

[​IMG]
    Forces of Destiny 208 – Porg Problems
    Rey has her training interrupted by some very mischievous porgs.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  20. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Episode 206 looks very interesting if it's post ESB pre ROTJ....

And if it'll tie into Moving Target.

21. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Judging by the episode length, it seems very unlikely.

22. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    It looks like all those porgs are saying "Hold me! Hold meeeeee!" [face_laugh]

Also, is this the first Forces of Destiny episode focused on a male character (Luke)? Interesting. I wonder why they're straying from the formula.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  23. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    "Forces of Destiny 207 – The Path Ahead
    Training with Master Yoda in the swamps of Dagobah, Luke learns an important lesson."
    The lesson is that if he fails, Yoda has a back up plan.
    Yoda: Thank God, a twin you are.
    Luke: What was that?
    Yoda: Nothing.

24. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Two new screenshots and the next batch of episodes are coming in May.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Jamie1001 likes this.