main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I watched safety not guaranteed and I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. Same can be said about Jurassic World. As far as the least question goes, well she was there as far as I know, but George had complete control.

But I'll admit I don't know how that worked out anyways.

2. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Jurassic World was better than expected for me. I might hesitate to say I like Jurassic Park more than Star Wars. A+ movie. I enjoyed The Lost World as a child but it hasn't aged well. Nice dinosaur scenes, some stupid plot points. B- movie. Jurassic Park 3 also had neat dinosaur scenes (all the movies did) but it had a really crappy plot. C- movie. Jurassic World was like a B+. I liked the call backs to the originals and the exploration of Crichton's themes about engineering vs cloning an extinct species. The dinosaurs were really inaccurate but whatever I guess they're mutants based on 1990s conceptions of dinosaurs. People got all upset about Bryce Dallas Howard's character and it being sexist or whatever for her to learn to value her family and not be a soulless corporate monster but she was basically Peter Ludlow from The Lost World with Alan Grant's character arch from the first Jurassic Park. Two male characters. And since when is it horrible for female characters to wear heels? Or like heels? Yeah, its impractical to run around a zoo in heels but I think high-heels are impractical and stupid in any circumstance and that doesn't stop people from wearing them. Bond beats people up in tuxes even though its not good athletic wear. Nobody complains about it.

Safety Not Guaranteed was good. Its not in my pantheon of "greatest movies ever I will quote it daily", but it wasn't a waste of my time. Which is better than I can say for many movies.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This made me laugh.

4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    wasn't sure where to put this -

Russel T Davis was just on the radio and they asked him if it was true that Lucas asked him to work on a SW spin-off , he confirmed it was , about 10 years ago , but he turned it down 'cos he was busy doing Dr. Who , he said it remains un-made anyway , so was that the SW Underworld thing ?

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Most likely. Unfortunately there's so little information on the development of Underworld- we don't really know how much, if any, production was initiated.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd be OK with Davies directing a live-action Star Wars series or a spinoff.

As far as Trevorrow...I think the Jurassic Park movies should have stopped at the first one, and Jurassic World was going to be terrible no matter who directed it because of the utter stupidity of thinking it would be OK to clone a super-T-Rex or T-Rex-velociraptor combo or whatever the hell that was.

They saw what happened to the first park and they're still going to breed carnivores at all, much less super-carnivores? Sorry not sorry if idiocy doesn't entertain me. As far as Bryce Dallas Howard's character, it was less problematic than Trevorrow's comments about women not liking movies with spaceships or dinosaurs. My response to idiocy like that is always, Are you telling me that for almost five decades I have not known what gender I am? No? OK then, try not generalizing what women do or do not like.

cwustudent likes this.
  7. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    With Rebels nearly coming to a close, do you think we should update the banner to include Rebels amongst the other cartoons?

8. TheMDOSS1313

TheMDOSS1313 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 8, 2013

I thought it had been on the far right this whole time.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Ya the banner is a bit weird since the Rebels portion is cut off. If you see the picture in whole there is a Rebels section

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Y'all must have tiny monitors, or you're zoomed in too much. ;)

TheMDOSS1313 likes this.
  11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, I was slightly confused and had check the banner again. I clearly see Rebel scum characters in the banner.

TheMDOSS1313 likes this.
  12. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Yeah I see em now, after copying the link into another browser. Maybe it's because I use mobile, but the banner cuts out after the TCW section.

Still though, perhaps with all the seasons that have passed...an update might be in place?

13. Mr Bogan

Mr Bogan Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 28, 2016
    I see two Heras and no Zebs. That's clearly pro Twi'lek and anti-Lasat discrimination! :p

MandoArtist likes this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Listen there's four Ewoks on there, we've reached our furry limit.

MandoArtist and Mr Bogan like this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    In my shrunken version of the banner you can only see Lando from Rebels which makes me chuckle

16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

That was my nickname was primary school :D

17. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    Speaking of Animals. After spending time with the Family over Thanksgiving and seeing their pets again, I came to the conclusion just how much I miss my boys. It has been 4 Months since my last Cat passed away, and I think the time is right to give 2 more kittens a nice place to crash at. Having two cats live to 14 (almost 15) and 16 respectively was something.

Hopefully 2 kittens will choose me when I visit the Shelter today. :)

DarthBreezy likes this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    It's extremely difficult for me to go to a shelter and not adopt every pet there. :p

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I need all the puppies!

20. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015

I here that. I'd take all the cats if I could.

21. Gembo

Gembo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2017
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I've never watched the cartoons before(specifically the Clone Wars) , and I'm looking to get into it. Are there any specific seasons or anything I should watch first? And what about the Clone Wars movie?

22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Skip the Clone Wars movie. If you want a good introduction watch the Malevolence trilogy followed by Rookies- those will give you a feel for the series and it only gets better from there. If you're not feeling it after those, watch Hostage Crisis and then some of seasons 2 and 3 to further whet your appetite.

23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    TCW season three "Mortis Arc" is widely considered one of the best, if not the best, arcs in Star Wars animated series. The Chosen One prophecy, hidden meaning about the franchise and many untold secrets, which Filoni has admitted he is not ready to tell.

Season three is where I would start. Some good episodes in the first two seasons, but the third is when the show really starts to grow and expand on the PT era.

The 'movie' should never be spoken about again.

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The Clone Wars cartoon was not release in order, some episodes take place before the Movie and some of the early episodes take place after later release episodes. The Movie itself is more of an extra-long episode in the cartoon then something standalone or reven eally a pilot episode.

Just so you know.

25. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

I would recommend watching TCW in chronological order http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

cwustudent and Gamiel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.