main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 4.09 - Rebel Assault - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 11, 2017.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 4.09!!
    Rebel Assault
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney XD.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) Rebels episodes air on Monday at 9:00 pm ET on Disney XD. Anyone who catches an episode streaming before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews will go in a separate thread for each episode.

[​IMG]

2. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    I just realized that this promo picture kinda looks like the Rebellion propaganda poster that Sabine made for Mon Mothma.
    "Fly for Freedom" indeed.

3. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I'm not emotionally ready.

4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I'm happy this will be a Hera-centric episode. Maybe this will be how she will be promoted to General Syndulla.

5. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I wonder if there will be any major events/losses in this? Promos make it look like Hera's team doesn't turn out too well, but what of the larger mission/main cast?

What makes this episode worth putting out solo, and hiding all clips of season 4 part 2 behind it?

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I am curious how this episode will play out tbh; major this is the first major death of the finale season.

7. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I'm not expecting any of the main characters to die in this episode, but the Rebel attack will probably be a failure with most Rebel fighters destroyed.

8. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Looks like the first appearance of X Wings.

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    It's way too early for any of the main characters to die. Something as significant as that has to happen in the last few episodes or even the last one, not in a mid-season finale.

10. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    How quickly they have X Wings in their arsenal. Should of spent an episode or two on the discovery.

11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If the U-Wing is already "old" and was the last product to come out of Incom - then the X-wing is slightly older still. Possibly the Rebels (and Partisans) got their hands on X-wings around the same time they got U-Wings?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    save yourselves the disappointment. There's no need to watch this episode. Worst of the season, possibly.

Set up episode. I hope the next part is better. The only redeeming quality of this episode is Rukh is somewhat intimidating.
    Hera is captured, but we know she survives... soooo...
    Sato's nephew seems to have hit puberty. He survives unfortunately. Vult Skarris is dead, oh well, no investment in him.
    More wolves, but no explanations yet. Like I said, set up episode. Hopefully the wait will be worth it.

cwustudent likes this.
  13. Mr Bogan

Mr Bogan Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 28, 2016
    Just to say that an opinion is only that. So here's mine: One of the best ever IMHO. To leave us "wanting" for some time (this guy Filoni knows how to keep us trapped, lol).

And I'm not going to say anything else for now, not even within spoiler tags.

episodenone, V-2 and revan772 like this.
  14. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Well they did say it looked like a suicide run!
    Who was the female Rebel Pilot?

Is it a spoiler when she's seen in that trailer for this episode?

15. SienneRe

Mar 23, 2016
    Whoa.
    Definitely one of the best episodes - not only this season but in the whole series.

Hera deserved an episode like that. Absolutely awesome from animation to the plot. I write more later, with spoilers but it was SO GOOD.

V-2 and revan772 like this.
  16. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    [face_beatup] It's official. I HATE YOU DAVE FILONI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_phbbbbt][face_nail_biting]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Great episode and yes it's definitively a set up for what's next.
    Did Mart call Hera "General"? I may have misheard him. One thing I also liked was Ezra's maturity to let Kanan go instead to trying to stop him or to go with him, shows how he trusts him. What a beautiful looking episode too. Yep, there's definitively something up with Kanan, I got the feeling from that episode that he will sacrifice himself for Hera in the end. The wolf is still a mystery who keeps saying "Dume" but why? Tell us Filoni! Yeah, another villain bite the dust (how shocking I know). RIP Skerris.@};-
    Loved the Hera/Chopper/Mart team, a nice change from Ezra/Sabine. First appearance of X-Wings too, it was a good space battle which showed how Hera is still a superior pilot. Rukh vs Hera and Matt was entertaining (Chopper saves the day as always, I love him). RIP R3-A3 :(. Hera is captured but we know she's going to be fine so how will they save her?

18. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    Good episode, but not my favorite of this season.

cwustudent likes this.
  19. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    "Right on it General!" - So Hera got a stealth promotion....

20. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I enjoyed it. Really loved the tension, even though we know Hera lives post-RoTJ. But, I do wonder, if this is how Filoni will end Kanan's story. I feel he will sacrifice himself, so the Rebels can escape Lothal.

As for the wolf: in animal spirit guides, a wolf is a teacher and will appear in your life as a sign of warning; usually when we face challenges, which we are not prepared to face. He is there to help and teach us to listen to our intuition, the inner voice. You are seen to be quite spiritual strong and significant to be blessed with a wolf as your guide.

Everyone has an animal guide, sent from the spirit world to guide, teach and educate them through life. They choose you and will decide, themselves, when to make their presence known.

21. Tassy

Tassy Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2017
    Thrawn has been a huge disappointment so far. He doesn't do anything at all!

22. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Do not tell me whether or not I should watch the episode.

-Defended himself from Fulcrum's attempted assassination
    -Discovered the identity of Fulcrum and personally brought him down
    -Destroyed Phoenix Squadron after discovering the location of their base
    -Protected the Imperial factories from the Y-Wing bomber assault

whostheBossk likes this.
  23. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    As mentioned before this just a set up episode.
    -So Hera just attack a huge Imperial Force lead by Thrawn with a few light ships. Come on there must be at least hundred TIE fighters on each Star Destroyer. Even a mindless imperial commander could zerg rush them...
    -Empire Air Defence has no ground defence... And rebels just blow it up with zero resistance...
    + At least factory still stand.... For now...
    5/10

kalzeth likes this.
  24. SienneRe

Mar 23, 2016
    But... he did...
    he knew that Hera is good that's why he was prepared this time. And he won. The factory is safe and he captured one of the Rebellion leader. He planned everything and it went how he expected. And this time he had Rukh and Rukh did not disappoint. He did a huge damage to the Rebellion, he destroyed probably a big part of their starfighters. That was a huge victory.

25. Tassy

Tassy Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2017
    Last season he was more active and prominent. This season he's quite passive.
    And he let Hera deliver the tie-defender schematics to the rebellion!
    I don't say anything about Rukh. Rukh is very cool. He was the best part of this episode.