main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit So does the new announcements pretty much close the book on legends ever getting continued

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jamminjedi23, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999

Huh, next you'll be telling us not to do the mamushka too, I mean, what could go wrong?
    [​IMG]

2. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I wish Raul Julia could be in a new Star Wars movie.

BigAl6ft6, blackmyron and Jedi Ben like this.
  3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    The funniest thing is going to be all the people banging on about how "stupid" the "second canon" was with its "helicopter lightsabers" and "ridiculous Force vampire queens" and how it's about time for a clean slate without any of that "ridiculous" baggage so they can finally start viewing the supplementary material as part of the same universe as the films which are srs bsns.

4. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    The helicopter lightsabers are pretty silly. :p

kalzeth and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    They're about on the same level as giant green bunnies, yeah.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    And the farting wedding.

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I raise you the inter dimensional golden blob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005

[​IMG]

starfish and Ulicus like this.
  9. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Nightsisters shooting lightsaber blades as arrows from their bows is stupid. I'm not budging on that one.

10. I miss Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade

11. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Considering the wealth of strong materials that exist in the Star Wars universe that the Nightsisters could have used, it was pretty stupid.

kalzeth likes this.
  12. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Electric slingshots that do nothing!

13. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    You know, going by the quality of New Canon stories, I'm hoping they DON'T continue Legends. I'm satisfied with the same fanfics Force Smuggler is, and I think SWTOR is a great continuation of Legends officially by Star Wars media. Can't believe I just praised post-2011 Bioware as an example of literary excellence in terms of plot writing, but uh, there you go.

Sanguinius and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  14. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    The old canon was great, but its time to move on and let that go. Old canon had Randy Stradley , Sue Rostoni, Stephen Sansweet and stuff like that. There gone. New canon is what it is, and it ain't going away.

15. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I'm glad more people are finally looking at fanfic as the way to continue Legends. That's been the way forward for a while now, and IMO represents the best way for Legends fans to get the stories they want. I hope the trend continues.

Senpezeco and Force Smuggler like this.
  16. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    An official Legends fan fiction site dedicated to giving legends fans a quasi official continuation of the legends storyline probably would be pretty popular if they could get enough unity within the legends community to get behind it. There have been a few people who have tried to start up communities like that in the past but they never really took off (I think most of those sites have pretty much been taken down by this point).

I think the problem is is that the three to five people within the legends community that could influence something like that are still stuck on the idea that Disney is eventually going to cave and they will get an official continuation of legends through Del Rey one day. Maybe now with the realization that Disney is going to be jumping immediately into a brand new trilogy once the ST is complete Brian Borg and Matt Wilkin's opinion on the matter may change. But for the legends community as a whole to embrace the idea of a fan fiction continuation people like those two are going to have to get behind the idea. Until then the legends community will be stuck on the concept that book drives and billboards are the way to get legends continued.

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    There are still multiple plotlines from the EU that I want to see completed. I probably won't be able to fully move on to the NEU until those get wrapped up. And if I have to so that myself, so be it.
    And while this series won't answer some of those questions because it goes heavily AU during SBS (Anakin Solo surviving) it has more stories during the NJO series and has a Yuuzhan Vong presence afterwards in galactic affairs.
    When the Vong get introduced into the NEU, they probably won't be the same at all.
    That series takes into account so much. So many characters, planets, ships, I've heard of and plenty I have not heard of. Throws in some NEU characters and such as well.
    Takes into account all 40 years of SW history.
    And I've still got EU stories to collect, so I'm set for several more years.

kalzeth likes this.
  18. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Fans should definitely keep the EU alive. It seems like the best option at the moment. I'm of the pessimistic opinion that Disney would only mess up the EU as they've messed up Star Wars as a whole. So EU fans should get off their shebs. I'm currently working on a post-Legacy web series. Stay tuned.

19. Wolfpack5

Wolfpack5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2017
    I've notice sometime people have a hard time letting things go. There were fans who wanted the Fox Fanfare trumpet opening to be included in the Disney movies, or thought somehow Disney would work out a comic deal to have Dark Horse continue publishing Star Wars instead of moving over to Marvel. Neither of those things were even remotely plausible.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think Twilight of the Apprentice is probably the best animation LFL has put out and I dig the sabercopters because even in fantastic, pinacle Star Wars there always has to be some mandatory bit of WTF-ness.

21. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Definitely keep me updated on this. Any particular plans at the moment?

kalzeth likes this.
  23. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Sure. It's ten years after Legacy. The galaxy has a sort of UN with the Empire at it's helm and Coruscant is a neutral meeting ground. The Outer Rim is Core Worlds levels of development thanks to a decade of peace and cooperation between the galactic factions. The satellite galaxies are the new frontier. I'm not gonna spoil anything but a new player outside of the galaxy sparks a war. [plug over]

BookExogorth and Force Smuggler like this.
  24. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    If you ever finish this post-Legacy webseries, aren't you worried Disney will send a cease and desist letter? I've known in the past that companies stop free fan projects even if the companies themselves are literally doing nothing with the IP (EA forced an Ultima 1 free remake game to shut down, Star Trek's holders are stomping down on fan productions, etc).

25. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Lucasfilm is who would send a C&D if it were to happen. And Lucasfilm has always been fine with fan projects. As long as no profit is being made, it's not an issue.

Giving a bit of context to Star Trek: Axanar being smacked down, they raised over a million dollars for the film using Paramount's Star Trek license. That's completely within their rights as a company to sue.