main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub A New Order With A Personal Face - The Galactic Empire of the EUC

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by SpecForce Trooper, Aug 3, 2017.

?

Where do your loyalties lie?

1. Original Empire

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. Imperial Remnant

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Empire of the Fel Dynasty

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. Empire of Darth Krayt

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. First Order

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. 2nd Imperium

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Pentastar Alignment

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  8. Empire of the Hand

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  9. Imperial Warlords

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  10. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Can the IK use/or are authorized to use Dark Side powers?

I haven't read the comics in a long time, but before Roan Fel wanting to destroy Coruscant, what was the military situation? Maybe he could have just blockaded/Sieged the planet until starvation set in. Okay, probably not starvation, because planets are self sustainable, but lack of other essential materiel should force the planet to sue for peace.

2. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Actually blockading Coruscant seems like a good idea-not just for the empire but any power who wishes to take it. Since most of its foodstuffs are imported a full blockade would cause riots, mass starvation, and eventual surrender.

Has that ever been attempted before?

3. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    According to my readings, it never happened. No hostile force ever came that close to the system before CIS in ROTS. And theirs is not a siege but a raid. The vongs took Coruscant, but they just overpowered everything without a siege. They just landed.

4. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Absolutely. It must be hard for the Dark Side to be used as an excuse legally. I assume the Knight in question would have to provide a reason for what otherwise would qualify as treason. How would the courts define the dark side?

5. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    How do you guys think pauldrons and rank coloring work in the Legacy era? Let's look at what we know...
    -Harkas wears yellow-green stripes. We know he's a sergeant. Later we see a devaronian also wearing green. I would assume she's also a sergeant.
    -Trask wears what looks like a small pauldron on his shoulder. He's a corporal. Are pauldrons standard for corporals?
    -We also see troopers of unknown rank with pauldrons. Some appear dark in color while others are orange. Are they officers? I don't remember, can officers wear armor? Noob makes it seem like officers don't wear armor.
    So it would seem privates wear no rank indication, corporals wear pauldrons and sergeants wear green stripes. What do you guys think?

6. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    So in everyone's speculation when do y'all think Jagged Fel ascended to the imperial throne and when do you think the imperial knights were first founded?

50-60 ABY? 70-100 ABY?

7. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Earliest, I'd say.

8. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Well for Jaina lovers I'd say Jag would have to wait for her to die first and then reveal himself to be the ambitious man that he is.
    For Jaina4Spacei queen fans I'd say as soon as they get married.

9. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Jaina seems to be the most obvious origin for the Imperial Knights. A Jedi becomes Empress, and some of her Jedi friends join her, forming a group of "Imperial Jedi".

10. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Back to the discussion of stormtrooper rank indicators...
    Having just skimmed through Legacy V2, I noticed a heroic trooper identified as Blue-Two wearing an orange pauldron. Based on his call sign, I'd guess he was second in command of his platoon. With this assumption...

Private - No rank marking
    Corporal - Greyish Pauldron
    Sergeant - Green Stripes
    Sergeant Major - Orange Pauldron

Weird how the pauldrons skip a rank. If you have any information for this study PLEASE reply!

11. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    All this seems to confirm what is implied in Noob- Officers don't wear armor. Private through Sergeant Major all wear armor, but I don't recall ever seeing an officer in armor.

12. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Can't decide which of the Empires I like the most. Divided between the original Galactic Empire, the Remnant under Pallaelon and the Fel Empire (though it seems that is the best choice as it was not depicted as too much moustache twirling villains).

I like some of the designs of the First Order, but not too much of a fan, until we see more of them.

Maybe include in the list the Sith Empire from SWTOR era?

13. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I think by the empire we mean the institution created from the Grand republic post Ruusan(Legends) and it's various incarnations and successor states.

I wish we knew more about the remnant post Galactic Civil War pre Vong war. Did any of the Moffs wish to continue the war against the NR? Even covertly? We know the kept facilities open in the deep core in the event of renewed hostilities.

How did the empire spend the post dark nest crisis pre LOTF era?

How did the tradition and mythology of the IKs come to be? They seem wrapped up in a sanctioned aura and sort of artificially created image and stature? Did Fel or one his descendants create for the IKs a doctrine to follow?

Post FOTJ were there many Lecersen or Daala sympathizers or Loyalists?

14. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Well I thought the Sith Empire as a spiritual ancestor of the Galactic Empire.

Anyway, the questions that you have asked are good and I was hoping that we could get some answers. I think they were on the path with the Sword of the Jedi, but we know what happened.

15. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I don't think I'd count the Dark Empire as a "faction" considering it was ruled by the Emperor (albeit in a clone body). I'd say that the Empire Reborn had the potential to be the most dangerous of all the different factions--they were a lesser, more terroristic version of Palpatine's Dark Empire. But Shadowspawn's legion almost practically wiped the New Republic's forces and the Skywalker twins off the map with his campaign, so I think he and his army get my vote.

16. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Merged with our existing EUC Imperial Fanclub.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I’d consider the Dark Empire the legitimate successor of the Empire. In my person canon, when it emerged from hiding and reunified the Imperial remnants I consider the time period that of the ‘Second Galactic Empire’. Only three remnants refused to align with Emperor Reborn at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    About an early question of mine Sinre-how do you think the apparent doctrine and aura of the IKs came to be?

Second question which is more hypothetical if the empire had decided to fight to the very end(in legends) how much longer could the war have gone on? And how would that have effected the upcoming Vong war?

19. Darth_Vader1972

Darth_Vader1972 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    Good evening. My loyalties like with the Original Empire

20. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Yay someone's here!

Roster:
    -SpecForce Trooper
    -Darth Invictus
    -Snokers
    -DARTH_MU-
    -Anedon
    -Darth_Vader1972

Assuming you're familiar with the other Imperial states, what makes the original Empire your favorite Darth_Vader1972?

Darth_Vader1972 likes this.
  21. Darth_Vader1972

Sep 29, 2004
    While I have read some of the books set after ROTJ, and have seen TFA, the OE is what I am most familiar with.

22. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Yeah. I'm familiar with a lot of them. I'm completely on board with the Fel's Empire for moral reasons. While the Old Republic is the best faction IMO, the Fel Empire is pretty respectable. The Fel family are a beacon of light in a room full of (mostly) baddies.

23. Darth_Vader1972

Sep 29, 2004
    I only know of the OE, Imperial Remnant(assuming this is what was left after the death of the Emperor), and the First Order. Never heard of any of the others.

24. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    My loyalty is with the original Empire!

25. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    nice.

Roster:
    -SpecForce Trooper
    -Darth Invictus
    -Snokers
    -DARTH_MU-
    -Anedon
    -Darth_Vader1972
    -Master Vo'Un'Var

Master Vo'Un'Var

Welcome to our little enclave. Why do you like the original Empire? Is there any particular Imperials you fancy?

And to all my fellow Imperials, who is your favorite Imperial Knight?
    Mine is surely Sigel Dare. Cuz why not? She's Leia from ANH meets Alpha-17. But anyway, best Imperial Knight in your opinion?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.