main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by TCF-1138 , Jan 30, 2017.

1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    JUST under 6 months!

2. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

I will be incredibly shocked if it doesn't get pushed back - even now.

3. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    If TLJ is great, then Solo tailgating with TLJ could be a smart move, I guess?

4. Keycube

Keycube Jedi Master star 2

Jan 19, 2009
    Was anyone else excited about the notion of seeing Han's early days in the Imperial Navy (which it sounds as though we definitely are NOT getting)? And having said that, I've thrown that out to a few people (the "Imperial Navy" bit), and they've acted like I was nuts. I could've sworn that was canon. Or is it one of those revisionist-history things like they did with Grievous (Labyrinth of Evil isn't canon anymore, right? Or is it? Oy vey).

5. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Nothing from the old EU is canon anymore, and the new canon has yet to mention him being in the Imperial Navy.

6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Really??

7. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Until we see a trailer, let's let speculation rest about Han's possible Imperial ties. I mean, Han did know that Star Destroyers have procedure of "dumping their garbage before going into hyperspace." I always thought he had some insider know-how.
    We'd have known about a changed release date by now. Huge companies like Disney think way ahead. Frankly, I wouldn't rule out seeing a "Solo" trailer before The Last Jedi!

8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

That could also be explained as smuggler experience.

I think an Imperial trained Han would have sounded a lot more convincing on the Death Star than "We're fine, how are you?"

9. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    It's going to stink waiting all the way until December 2019 now after Solo drops in May 2018. Never have had much hopes for the Solo film, but I'm sure it will at least be good.

10. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

Yeah - I wish I could be sure of that. I'm not. I mean, I didn't like Rogue One, and that was a story I really wanted to see. When Han Met Chewie is a story I could have passed over my entire life, and a really head-scratching choice considering it won't be Harrison reprising the role. I mean, obviously I'll see it, but it doesn't enter my top five most anticipated movies for 2018.

TheYodaPagoda and Darth Dnej like this.
  11. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    5 Months!
    150 Days..

This is weird.. lol

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  12. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I guess I'm the opposite in a couple respects...for one, ever since I was a little kid, I remembered reading The Wookiee Storybook(ie) and seeing a sort of backstory to Han and Chewie's relationship, I've wanted to know more. I believe the lizard slave traders would eventually be reimagined as Trandoshans in The Clone Wars?

Plus...ranking Rogue One below both the Ewoks and Holiday Special? Yeesh! I guess you didn't like it as much as I did LOL.

I need more Star Wars, and another countdown...but where's our trailer? 150 days out and no trailer.

13. Keycube

Keycube Jedi Master star 2

Jan 19, 2009
    I don't want to link to anything since I'm not sure if it would technically be a spoiler, but a certain Star Wars toy site has posted some Lego sets from the movie. Can I post that? I guess we'll find out. :)

I'm curious to see what you all have to say about certain..."irregularities". :)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  14. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Leaked Lego images and links to such are prohibited on the boards, for reasons beyond "spoilers".

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I still think the Imperial Cadet, sees Wookie being abused = Han and Chewie origin may be in there. As for the movie itself, I'm totally okay with having Lawrence Kasadan write Han's official backstory than have it randomly pop up in a guidebook or something years later so that's probably why I'm down with this flick (and more Han and Chewie).

But no Harrison Ford .... is a pretty big leap. But I can deal. Mostly. Probably.

But I'm most happy it's barely 5 months until the next Star Wars film, yay!

Calling Superbowl trailer, easy.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  16. Darth Eisner

Darth Eisner Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2018
    Waiting to release the trailer until less than 5 months before release of the film????? IS THIS DISNEY?????

Edit: Just kidding, I know they ran into production problems and all, but it’s still interesting how they are choosing to hold off on everything.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Should be soon, not holding my breath though.

18. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    At this point, I have to assume they think the movie is gonna bomb. Forget the trailer - we don't even have a poster. I mean, my expectations were already incredibly low - I don't know how much lower they can go!

TheYodaPagoda and B99 like this.
  19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'm not enthused for this film.. I know I should be sense it's Star Wars.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  20. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    Well there's that *ahem* poster that was leaked a couple weeks ago? I liked what I saw there.

Am I worried? These are the same folks that brought us The Last Jedi, and I liked that one a lot. Yeah, I know they also brought us Rogue One, but I liked that one a lot too!

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  21. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    Yeah, I really expected to like Rogue One. I really didn't.

22. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014

23. CosmicDust

CosmicDust Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 16, 2017
  24. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  25. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014