main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge 11th Annual Winter Holiday Fic-Gift Exchange (2017) - Over for another year. Index complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Nov 27, 2017.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, I am always game for revisiting Tolkien's world. I'd love to partner up with you on that. :)

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Happy wriggles!!!!!! Me and Mira are doing an official NSW exchange and I'm going to do an unofficial bonus one for her too LOL [face_dancing] Glad Anedon and Mira will do more Tolkien fics. Can never have too many from that breathtaking fandom.

3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I honestly can't wait for this. [face_dancing]

4. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    Okay great. :)

Mira_Jade and Findswoman like this.
  5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Just a reminder that you have a little less than a week to get your requests in!

Also, if I don't open your PM for a few days, don't worry! I don't like to open the requests until I know I can sit down and concentrate on them. The last thing I want to do is leave someone out because I opened their PM while I was at work or something. If you have a question that needs to be answered quickly, do it in a separate PM so I get to it faster.

6. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  7. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Already sent my request!

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

Precisely. The length...

Findswoman and BookExogorth like this.
  9. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    I don't exactly know what I want... I like what I PMed, but I'm not really sure about this. I've never done this before.

Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  10. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Don't worry BookExogorth. The fic-gifts are awesome. I've done this for three years and I put in a very general request every time, but the result was always fantastic :D

BookExogorth and Findswoman like this.
  11. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    This is my first time participating as well, and I look forward to all of it.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I second Chyntuck BookExogorth & Nehru_Amidala -- the ff exchange thingy is fantabulous.
    The stories are so fantab it's like a gift for all the other reviewers too, besides the one the particular story is for.
    I received a fic gift one year which was "True Blue" and it established an OC/OC OTP for me [face_love] [face_love]

Kurisan, Ewok Poet, Chyntuck and 2 others like this.
  13. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Thanks. I just hope that whoever's request I get will like what I can do. I know I'll like anything anyone writes for me. :)

14. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Don't worry about the length so much, as EP pointed out, there is not length requirement. Most of them are probably in the 800 to 1,200 word range. I basically just mentioned it because it should be something you work on and make a fic to the best of your ability that the person wants. If that means it's 800 words, then so be it. It's kinda a 'just because you can get all the elements into a drabble doesn't mean you should necessarily do it' type thing.

If you decide to participate and then feel like you can't complete it in the timeline, it's okay, just let me know and I'll find someone to 'pinch write' the story so that person gets their fic-gift.

And yeah, you PM me with what you want in a fic (based on the template in the first post) and then I send out the requests. You aren't really paired up with anyone as most of the time the person for whom you are writing and the person writing your request aren't the same. You won't know who is writing your request until they post the story. The only exception to this is NSWFF because I can't really do a random pairing because I can't know who knows what fandom.

Ewok Poet, Chyntuck and Findswoman like this.
  15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

Wasn't it a response to your dare at the dare challenge..?

BookExogorth - You're so kind. I like you, I like you ALOT.

Kurisan, if that helps at any given point, my 2015/2016 one was 2271 words and the first chapter of my 2016/2017 one which remains unfinished as of today* had 1571 words. The first time around, I was gifted a more than decent one-shot, the second time a four-chapter multi-post. :)

Last year I was also somebody's pinch-writer and that story was 1704 words and...somehow written in less than one hour. [face_hypnotized]

* I plan to finish it, as a "regular" story.

EDIT: You just made me realise that I never put the older one up on AO3! And it's quite a sweet story without being pathetic or saccharine, if I dare say so myself. [face_blush]

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ewok Poet [face_laugh] You're right. It was. Just goes to show. Any time you ask for fic elements to include, you wind up with something splentab. @};-

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I am scared of my memory now. O_O

And yes, totes! <3 That's how I got Toon Wars. :D

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Findswoman likes this.
  18. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Ok, Ewok Poet and @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha— request for heartwarming holiday story submitted! :D

19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

Findswoman and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  20. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Just a final reminder that requests are due in by tomorrow Dec. 10th at 10:00am PST. If you want to do the Star Wars fic-gift exchange, this will be your last opportunity to submit what you want!

NSWFF exchanges can still be done as long as both authors feel they can get the stories done by the due date.

Dec. 10 Edit: Requests are now closed. I'll post when I've sent out all of the requests.

21. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    All of the Star Wars requests have now been sent out. Whew... it took forever with the boards being so slow and crashing on occasion, but thankfully I didn't lose a single PM to a board glitch. [face_relieved]

I do my best to get requests to people I think would like to write them, but this year was a bit difficult. I think with the continuing addition of movies, it's going to be that way. That's not to say I'm not going to continue to try! It just took longer to match people up this year, and I'm not so sure about some match ups. But hopefully everyone gets a request they feel they can write for their fellow author. :)

For those who will be interested, we have 10 people participating this year on the Star Wars exchange.

22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Ha, you answered the question I always ask. :p Now I have nothing to ask. :( BAD YOU.

My match-up is good. I didn't quite expect it, but knowing how wonderful and respectful the author is, this will be a pleasure.

To whoever got mine: I'm sowwy. I'm bonkers. 8-}

23. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Haha.. yep! I remembered from last year there was curiosity at how many people were participating.

I think there are at least 5 people participating in the non-Star Wars exchange as well.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I also like my match. :cool: It gives me a chance to explore my second favorite kind of relationship: friendship/family. :)

My NSW offering for Mira_Jade is posted:
    Roads Taken & Destinies Embraced It was a delight to write. ;)

25. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    My match is good. I will enjoy giving the nice person something, if I can do it. The request is a bit interesting.