main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info SPOILER ALERT! (help each other avoid spoilers here)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Sep 2, 2013.

1. emanswfan

emanswfan Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 2, 2016
    I know you can disable picture previews for threads in the tapatalk app, but I noticed the other day that several of these threads have spoilery images as preview, such as leaked photos. I'm guessing that's because the image preview is generated from images still inserted under a spoiler tag, so maybe it's just something that can't be fixed. However, I'd worry if a new visitor on tapatalk to this section might see something they didn't want to see.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, just thought I'd bring it up.

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Be very wary! There's a fan event going on today where they're apparently premiering the first 20 minutes of Rogue One.

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Note: There's a clip / scene from Rogue One attached to an appearance of Felicity Jones on The Tonight Show (Jimmy Fallon). It's on YouTube, etc., and it's official because LFL would have supplied the clip to The Tonight Show.

4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Also keep in mind, there is an alleged summary of Rogue One floating around the internet. If accurate, it outlines the entire story of the movie.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    There's another Rogue One clip online today too... this one was shown during the Twitter Q&A with the cast.

6. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I am not sure this is the correct place, but I want to mention that today the main TF.N web page has a headline with a spoiler regarding Finn.

It is not the first time the main page has spoilers on it, so stay clear from the www.theforce.net and jump to boards.theforce.net if you want to be spoiler-free.

7. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

Yeah, I had to unfollow them on Facebook when they just blasted set photos from TLJ and Han Solo without warning or spoiler tags.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  8. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    IMAX WARNING! There's apparently a big promotional IMAX archway, and early shots of it (which I will never forgive my FB friend for having posted) have a potentially huge spoiler on them. No idea why they want to put that kind of thing on promotional imagery, maybe it's a misdirect - who knows? But I'm sad having seen it. If you go to a theater that does IMAX movies, best to literally keep your head down for the next 55 days.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If one takes the view of officially released LFL stuff is spoilers, I am going with I've been down with what LFL has been releasing (which basically amounts to wave 1 toys, posters and 2 trailers) but I think at some point in November (at least a month before the release date) I'm going to have to withdrawl and just sustain myself on the 2 trailers, over and over.

I think it's unlikely we'll get a third trailer, which is weird considering TFA and R1 all had 3 trailers. I was a wee bit spoiler hesitant to watch trailer #2 but I needed the emotional catharsis of more than 1 trailer to keep myself going.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  10. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I know toys and such aren't considered spoilers, but I've usually stayed away from them before the films. I blame "Qui-Gon's Noble End" for that. As for trailers and commercials, I am DONE. The last one was just about perfect as we really don't know where this movie is leading.

11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Watchin' TeeVee for the last 2 or 3 weeks before the release is going to succcccckkkkk when the ad influx hits. Whole lot of "la la la. not watching this, la la la" really irritates people nearby.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  12. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

Psht, what pleb watches live TV? :p

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    True but, to be honest, I actually find it easier to keep up on TV shows if you watch them live, otherwise it just piles it up and up and up. And also sporting events, the freakin' NFL will be in it's last month towards the post-season and it'll be Star Wars ads everrryyywhere.

Anyway, there is a BTS Last Jedi video released yesterday and I didn't watch it. I am officially in spoiler lockdown, mostly (aside from the 2 trailers over and over and over). Still watching The Star Wars show (cuz almost all the clips are sourced from the 2 trailers) but may have to drop it come mid-November, I think, just to be safe. (They'll probably end up teasing the BTS video next week but I think I can deal with that)

14. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

I watched it, and just in a casual viewing, I didn't notice much that didn't look like them filming stuff that's already in the material we have. I wouldn't classify anything in it more of a spoiler than the trailers - and I certainly didn't get any context from it. It's a lot of Rian waxing poetic about the experience, but you should watch it, if for no other reason than a very touching moment with him and Carrie.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    There's an article on IGN claiming that a cast member may have revealed a MAJOR spoiler.

16. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

Is this the Adam Driver thing? Because I'm pretty sure he misspoke - and it didn't make a lot of sense anyway.

17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Apparently some are claiming that the entire plot has been leaked. It's not clear whether this is a real leak or not, but in case it is real, well, it's probably best to avoid everything outside of NSA until you've seen the film.

TheYodaPagoda and Ricardo Funes like this.
  18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The Visual Dictionary has leaked; now is the time to evacuate to - and stay put in - the fallout shelters NSA forum.

Finland Skywalker, B3, woj101 and 2 others like this.
  19. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000

Thank you, I'm heading to Dagobah until opening night. Total lockdown.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  20. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Good luck!

woj101 likes this.
  21. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    You're gonna need it!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)

22. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    [​IMG]

Tomorrow, the most important reviewers and famous celebrities will watch TLJ.

Yes, it is true. All of it.

If the Visual Dictionary leak was not already bad, this will be the actual full movie, and people will start talking about it as soon as they leave the theather.

There is an embargo on social media of a few hours, but consider that once someone breaks this, the whole Internet will know everything instantly.

I recommend to do not even open Youtube, Twitter or Facebook from tomorrow on, since a spoiler video title can appear in the recommended videos or in the comments themselves.

[​IMG]

TheYodaPagoda and TCF-1138 like this.
  23. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Don't go to the moviechat forum. The recommended articles at the bottom have started indicating what happens in the first scene and how you should react to it. [face_talk_hand]

Ricardo Funes and TCF-1138 like this.
  24. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    By now, I'd say don't:
    -Go to any movie-related website or forum
    -Go to any major news site that has an entertainment section
    -Go to Youtube/Twitter/Facebook/other social media
    -Talk to anyone you don't trust 100% about Star Wars (way too easy for someone to say "Hey, did you hear that [...]?")
    -Go to the TF.N main site (I don't know if they've posted spoilers there now, but it has happened before)
    -Go to the SA forums (duh)
    -Watch TV, listen to the radio or read newspapers

Essentially, avoid everything, and may the Force be with you!

25. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016