main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Mark Hamill 'fundamentally disagreed' with Luke's story for TLJ

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by woj101, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    He's just mad cause he didn't like the idea of Luke being an inter-gallactic Jimmy John's delivery boy.

2. Mandalore Rising

Mandalore Rising Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 5, 2017
    You'll have to forgive me, but I don't understand all this "Luke will possibly die in TLJ" conversation. Let's say he does die and comes back as a force ghost in the next film. Is that not exactly Obi-Wan's story? We are already losing one Skywalker this movie, wouldn't it better to atleast keep one character from the original trilogy? IMO, Star Wars has always been about moving forward, not repeating the same story we've already seen.

Darkslayer and Jar-Jar Binks like this.
  3. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    It is not something to worry. If you watch the trailer it is more or less clear why he said that, but in the end I think Rian is correct. It will be great and interesting.

4. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Dying and returning as a ghost is not Obi-Wan’s story, it’s a premise for his story. Ghost Luke’s story would likely be different from Ghost Obi-Wan’s story.
    That said, I think the most likely scenario is that Luke, Leia and Han are done away with one by one. Then again, if Luke lives on in ghost form, he hasn’t really been done away with yet, has he...? [face_mischief]

Either way, this close to the premiere, I don’t feel very comfortable discussing TLJ in here. I’ve still only seen the teaser trailer from the beginning of the year and I fear that someone might accidentally spoil the movie for me.
    Just so you know that I’m reluctant to keep speculating on who lives or dies.

5. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Lulu Mars, I applaud your restraint.

Without specifically "speculating on who lives or dies," I will just say I have my own predictions as to what will happen with Luke. Part of me wonders though if all the things he, Rian and the marketing have been hinting at with him is simply meant to troll and/or mislead us.

Either way, It sounds like we can expect something(s) that may take us all quite by surprise! Since I'm not seeing TLJ till Sunday of opening weekend, it sounds more and more like I'll need to all but hide under a rock until I see it...Especially nowadays where online news outlets frequently just blurt out a spoiler in the article (and sometimes even in the title!) with NO spoiler warning...:rolleyes:

I would REALLY LOVE to have TLJ be the first SW movie since AOTC that I didn't have something big spoiled for me!

Lulu Mars likes this.
  6. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013

Raz Zaphon likes this.
  7. SunnyNelson

SunnyNelson Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2013
    Why is Mark acting like he's had a stroke? [face_worried]

8. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    I do'nt mind, but think that video should not have been placed here.
    It DOES contain a pretty major spoiler.

9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I didn't see or hear any spoilers in that video. He quotes one line that we first heard way back in April, when the teaser trailer was released, but that's the closest thing to a spoiler I could find. Officially released content is allowed here, and is not considered a spoiler. Of course, some people are hardcore spoiler-free and don't watch trailers and such, but I doubt they would watch an interview with the actors this close to the film's release.

10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Can't wait to see what happens with Luke.. I know some fans will not like it I'm sure..

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Now that I've seen the film, I can see where Mark was coming from, but at the same time I can see how the finalized story fits in with Luke's history. I could say more, but this is still spoiler-free territory, right?

12. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    I'm posting this video here because it feels an appropriate way to bookend this thread. I don't necessarily agree with the sentiment of the video, but it certainly contains elements of how I and many others are feeling, or partially feeling (I'm conflicted), from a certain point of view. It doesn't contain any spoilers that aren't in the trailer, but if you're still looking to stay spoiler free then do not scroll down to the Youtube comments.