main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Battle Angel Alita

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by yoshiki, Dec 8, 2017.

1. yoshiki

yoshiki Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2003
    Finally Battle Angel Alita is coming out and this looks so much better than Ghost in the Shell. For once I am actually excited about a movie.

Master_Rebado and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm excited for this movie as well. I know people have been ranting about the eyes, but they don't really bother me.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  3. yoshiki

Aug 21, 2003
    Hmmm eyes lets see, ....one....two....yep same number as in the manga, looks good to me.

Ahsoka's Tano and Master_Rebado like this.
  4. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

[​IMG]

Hell Yeah!!!!

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I like seeing trailer reactions on Youtube; and the worthy ones for this movie are those that were familiar with the manga and/or anime. I shared this guy's reaction.

What really did me in on the trailer was the background song. I sincerely hope that they keep the somber, poignant tone in future trailers because it goes along with the original story. I remember the hype when the original SDCC Suicide Squad trailer premiered, and it psyched people up because it introduced the characters like Harley and Deadshot in a way that was somewhat dark and mysterious (and ended with the Joker). Then the subsequent trailers were all kiddie like and I assume the changes in the movie reflected it. I hope that doesn't happen with Alita.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  6. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I liked how they got the arms pretty much exactly right with the design and stuff.

I would've preferred if Cameron had done these movies himself as was his original plan, but the movie looks fine regardless.

Ahsoka's Tano and Master_Rebado like this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Unfortunately Cameron has had prior engagements that he's been devoting his time and efforts into.
    [​IMG]

8. yoshiki

Aug 21, 2003
    Considering I haven't liked anything Cameron has done since The Abyss I don't have a problem with someone else doing it.

When I look at the trailer I can say " Yes this looks like Gunnm " instead of scratching my head and saying " What the hell is that supposed to be??? ".

It still needs to be seen if the plot actually resembles the manga or not but so far what little we can infer from the trailer it looks fairly accurate, unlike what happened with GiTS.