main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Planets in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sheri1967, Dec 12, 2017.

1. sheri1967

sheri1967 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2006
    I really hope that Mustafar is visited. It would be nice to learn more about the Sith Temple there.

I would like to learn more about the Observatory on Jakku as well.

It would be wonderful to see new worlds in the unknown regions.

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Wasn't Mustafar, Tatooine, and Endor rumored while back??

3. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    No, forget it. This would be mainstream and fanservice. :rolleyes:

TheCowboyBuilder and dolphin like this.
  4. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
  5. KnightOfRen

KnightOfRen Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I'd love to see a crystalline planet.

3sm1r, mlsw and Darth_Voider like this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Crait.

7. KnightOfRen

KnightOfRen Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Crait was fantastic, but what I meant is a more rugged planet with massive crystals sticking up from the ground. Sort of like this.

[​IMG]

8. DarthBeagle

DarthBeagle Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Coruscant for goodness sake! ;)

9. Tobi

Tobi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    This won't happen but Korriban

[​IMG]

10. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    As I wrote in another thread, Kylo Ren may take over Vader's Castle on Mustafar and establish his throne room there. Not a very logical choice, but at least it would be a nice callback.

[​IMG]

11. RKR

RKR Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 22, 2013
    Coruscant, Moraband, Jakku, Mustafar & whatever planet the FO initially found Snoke on would all be excellent choices

Tommytom and Wildcatbarry like this.
  12. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    Even though it's been done to death, I feel one more trip to Tatooine would be nice as it hasn't been seen in the ST yet. Would love to see Coruscant again one more time too.

13. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    Tatooine
    Mustafar
    Jakku
    Ilum
    Coruscant
    Naboo

14. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    If they are trying to bridge the entire saga into this movie like they said they wanted to, visit some past planets like those that have already been mentioned.

15. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    CORUSCANT. The FO controls the galaxy now somehow so Kylo needs a palace on Coruscant where the final battle takes place.

16. Tobi

Tobi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    That would be really cool

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  17. Silent Android

Silent Android Jedi Master star 1

Jan 1, 2016
    Would love to re-visit OT and PT planets to see how they have changed over time. Is Coruscant just a big slum now? Heck, I'd even love to see a planet from "Rogue One" (Maybe Jedha got terraformed or something).

I assume Leia will die in the next film (whether depicted or assumed) and since Alderaan is no more, she might want to be buried in Padme's home planet of Naboo next to her (I seem to recall some book said that Padme was buried in a tomb and not cremated)?

If this is truly the end of the Skywalker Saga then it needs to come around. We need to see Tatooine again. It was in the OT, the PT and naturally should be in the ST. If the saga began in Tatooine, maybe it should end there.

18. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    The OT characters are visiting Jedha in the latest arc of the Marvel Star Wars comic. The Death Star did some real damage to the place.

19. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012

Assuming Leia leaves behind her body and doesn't become one with the Force.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  20. Silent Android

Silent Android Jedi Master star 1

Jan 1, 2016
    Hasn't it already been discussed that one needs special training in order to achieve that? Qui Gon-Jinn was an actual Jedi and left behind his body. But in ROTS it's implied that Qui Gon's force ghost taught Yoda how to do it, who in turn taught Kenobi, and obviously Luke learned this as well.

The Dark Night13 likes this.
  21. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Assume there will be a First Order throne world. I prefer Coruscant, but doubt that will be the one.

I can see Mustafar, as Kylo journeys to commune with Vader/Anakin.

I personally like new planets to give a sense of a broad galaxy.

22. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    I hope they use pre - existing planets in IX ,no need to invent new ones . They should use planets we have already visited or planets we know exists such as Kuat and Dantooine.

- They should definetly use Coruscant again. If the First order is to rule the galaxy then what better place than the imperial center of Coruscant. Coruscant could also play a role in Rey's Jedi arc where she visits the Jedi temple or something .

- I guess Kylo's throne will be located at Vader's castle on Mustafar.

- I 'd like to see Kuat . Kuat drive yards produced every major Imperial vehicle. Maybe the Resistance launches an attack on a FO shipyard or something . Kuat should be a pro - FO world.

- Naboo . Naboo might be a pro - FO planet as it was the Emperor's home world or it might join the Resistance . Anyway Naboo should be the planet Reylo settles on at the end.

- I also likes to see Kashyyyk again just for a brief moment. It would be nice with small scenes showing several systems rising up against the FO , Kashyyyk can be one of them.

- If Rey is starting to gather force sensetives then maybe have her travel to old Jedi worlds such as Tython and Ossus .

- If IX is going to expand upon the war profiteers stuff then maybe industrial planets such as Sullust and Cato Neimodia. Though I don!t see the need for that if they use Kuat.

So the planets I want to see:
    - Coruscant
    - Mustafar
    - Kuat
    - Ossus / Tython
    - Naboo
    - Kashyyyk

23. yanote

yanote Jedi Knight star 2

May 1, 2016
    • Mustafar
    • Crait
    • ... and Rey going back to Ahch-To.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  24. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I initially really wanted to see Mustafar again, but given that Kylo abandoned his Vader obsessions and has grown into his own villain in TLJ, going to Vader's castle in Episode IX strikes me as regressive.

I suppose coming back to Coruscant might make some sense, but I also would have preferred that Starkiller Base destroyed it in TFA as opposed its doppelgänger Hosnian Prime.

Wildcatbarry and Mostly Handless like this.
  25. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    It would be cool seeing the ewoks again with them having tribal art of the legends of Luke Skywalker and the rebel alliance