main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST JJ Abrams directing Episode IX Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by 2Cleva, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Although most haven't seen TLJ yet - its clear that Rian took it to a different direction than what GL had and what JJ paid homage to in TFA.

With JJ responsible for ending the trilogy - does he continue to throw caution to the wind or does he bring it back?

A lot of hand-wringing about TLJ but from leaks, almost all of it can be undone it seems.

D'an likes this.
  2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]

11-4D and dan1210 like this.
  3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I hope he does something lil different.

IG_2000 likes this.
  4. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Two death stars?

Deerborne, TX-20, jaqen and 2 others like this.
  5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    QUITE *slap!

6. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I dunno. Since when was Lucas afraid to try other things?

Remember he took everything we thought we knew in ANH and turned it on it's head in ESB.

He made the PT so different to the OT that many fans couldn't accept (and still can't) the two trilogies are actually related to one another.

Trying new things is ALWAYS the best way to go so hopefully JJ will follow Rian's example and do something different and new.

7. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    I really hope he fixes a lot

8. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    He created a lot of the problems with TFA.

9. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Disagree

10. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    A few things I think that probably will change with the situation now.

Given that Carrie isn't going to be in episode IX, my hope is that they decide to take a page from George's first script and have it where Luke can actually come back from the dead, if he is dead.

According to the original plans with Return of the Jedi, Obi Wan was going to have the power to come back to life. If they really want to pull from that idea they could have him come back to life.

Now, I kind of wonder and hope that at least one of the new characters turns out to be a direct relation of his, or that we see one later. I have a feeling that J.J. is probably going to be different than Rian and will shore things up by, at the very least, giving us.

Redeemed Ben Solo who probably will take on a role as apprentice to Rey.

Finn turning out to be FS and ending up freeing the rest of the Storm Troopers under the FO's sway.

Rose assisting Poe as he takes over as leader of the Resistance and we see Carrie's daughter being promoted to a more prominent role in future films.

Someone taking on the lead as the head of the New Republic as it rebuilds.

Getting a hint of the next trilogy to come.

11. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016

It would be great if Carrie's daughter got to have a bigger role in future films. Almost wish she was the one related to Leia in the films.

ladygrey45, SlashMan and kalzeth like this.
  12. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Yeah I agree. It would be nice. According to the VD her character did get promoted and apparently is part of the crew that is working with Leia and the others directly. So probably we'll see her since they can't use Carrie and it would be a nice send up to her and her family if she did. Billy probably would totally be up for it, and apparently she's become friends with the cast so there's that.

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  13. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Are you kidding?

14. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016

That's good to know. Just want to know what the future of Star Wars is going to be after this trilogy. Like we probably won't see 10-12 if that ever happens, at least a decade from now if another new trilogy from Johnson is coming, along with more spinoffs. Would want to know if she fits in Johnson's trilogy in a more main role or continue in the Skywalker road.

15. RandomGreyJ

RandomGreyJ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    Me: sees TLJ

also me: sees this comment.

NOOOOO YOU FOOL WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

DARTH FATHEAD likes this.
  16. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I think JJ set up a lot of mysteries that RJ could have answered but he chose not to...at all :(

17. MS1

MS1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I have no idea where he goes with IX. TLJ to me felt like a conclusion however unsatisfactory it was. There is nothing between Rey and Kylo that I can imagine that will stretch out another movie that I would be interested in. Same with the resistance and I have left liking all the new characters less.

DARTH FATHEAD and kalzeth like this.
  18. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I think It Is funny how many people are picking on a movie they haven't even seen when most of the critics and fans alike who have seen it love it so far. TFA Is 94% on rotten tomatoes, how many films that are 94% on rotten tomatoes are bad? I haven't seen that be the case like ever. You cant argue against 94% on Rotten Tomatoes its like saying a Billionaire doesn't have a lot of money. Also of note Abrams and George Lucas love It! All people are doing picking on a film you haven't even seen are setting your self up not to like it if you go in negatively you will have a bad experience if you go in with a positive outlook you will have a better time. That Is just from my experience anyway...

19. CommanderL

CommanderL Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2015
    di
    Different people have different tastes
    and I have seen it
    I went in with an open mind
    and walked about disappointed and disbelief

20. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

lets wait and see what most fan boys and casual fans think of it when we all see it;)
    did you like TFA and RO I absolutely loved those two films I put them right up there with the OT! and I cant wait for Solo I love Ron Howard my entire family loves Ronny I am sure he will hit a grand slam out of the park!

21. Dagobah_Dude

Dagobah_Dude Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    We don't really know if Lucas loved it. He said it was "beautifully made", but made no comment on the story or characters.

22. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Well, RJ and JJ came to the same answer regarding Rey's parentage, so probably they agree more than the author of this thread would be willing to admit.

Just saying.

23. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Having Luke resurrected is one massive way to get things back on course and at the same fix TLJ for the majority of OT fans, it's not something new that GL came up with , he's borrowing from the bible. In a way it would make total sense for Luke to be able to do this and not Obi-Wan, it would also not leave the plot hole that Obi-Wan's would've.

24. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Remember everyone in the higher up said this whole saga was about family. Hopefully they can pump in some family into IX.
    Problem is, some families are just plain dysfunctional.

25. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    Anything but death star 4.0 unless it is used to blow up Jar Jar Binks. That would be a day long remembered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.