main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode IX Story Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Formidious, Dec 13, 2017.

1. MadBoomBoom

MadBoomBoom Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    Why not make a prequel trilogy to The Force Awakens with Luke Skywalker? Before Ben Solo's fall/storyline.

2. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    With both THE FIRST ORDER and the RESISTANCE seemingly on their knees, I would love to see a title for number 9 called "The Rise of Mandalore".

Sensing the opportunity is right to assert themselves, I would love to see the Mandalorians strike at the galaxy with everything they have. Both THE FIRST ORDER and the RESISTANCE are vulnerable and I would love to see the Mandalorians take over the galaxy by the end of 9. This sets up the next trilogy in taking back the galaxy from the Mandalorians.

Heck, even better would be some force sensitive Mandalorians (with Dark Sabers) in charge and taking the lead.

3. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    i think that Rey should experiment with the dark side, because shes not trained still she should experiment stay on the rebellion side but get unstable in order to bring kylo down. Rey does agree to go with Kylo because he says they can bring peace to the galaxy and her love for her friends redeems her they show kylo finding force sensitive kids kidnapping them and they give Rey a better parent reveal and also explain more things to her.

kalzeth likes this.
  4. TheCowboyBuilder

TheCowboyBuilder Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2016
    There needs to be some new bad boss, Kylo Ren can't be the top bad guy.

Alpha Cloudleaper and kalzeth like this.
  5. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    TLJ feels so impossibly open-ended and set up in such a way that they might need another trilogy just to wrap it up ("the war is just beginning") ... They make it sound like the New Republic has been given a fatal blow and is non-existent as a military force, the resistance (rebranded another rebellion) has dwindled to a handful which nobody seems willing to help out right now, and there's only one Jedi starting from scratch. They're left to resort to starting new rebel cells and recruiting, rebuilding.

The state of the galaxy reverted back (somewhat) to how things were before ANH, but there's seemingly even less standing in the way of the now dominant force, which kinda seems to be the FO, who were far more militarily prepared... So I'm wondering how far their influence & power reaches a few years, or even months after these events, mid-rim? Core worlds? New Republic worlds are pretty much left undefended and likely in a state of chaos & confusion, and without a representative body (the senate).

There might be a skirmish between Kylo and Hux (answering to Kylo, i'm sure he's looking forward to that), but remove either one or both and the FO still continues as a faction. It's made up of fanatics from the Empire or people who have been raised/indoctrinated to defend it from early childhood... So they or their ideology likely isn't just going to go away. Not with their kind of resources. Of course, you could always go with the "take Kylo out and the leaderless FO crumbles"... But how much more predictable can you get?

How are they're going to give a decent conclusion within the same running time of TLJ and answering everything.

6. david catterall

david catterall Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 10, 2013
    I ADORED The Last Jedi. It was beautiful in every way.

My predictions for Episode IX are

STAR WARS BALANCE OF THE FORCE

Episode IX will open several years after the end of The Last Jedi at General Leia Amidala Organa's State funeral. Naboo or Coruscant?

The state funeral is attacked by the First Order and it turns out to be Fake. A trap set for Supreme Leader Kylo Ren. Leia died and was buried months ago in an unknown resting place having built a large and powerful counterforce known as The New Rebellion.

Billy Lourds character will take a central role to honour Carrie

New force users wake up all over the galaxy

Ren and Rey (Yin and Yang) will be pulled together and torn apart throughout the entire film.

Kylo will be using Vaders castle on Mustafar

The Prime Jedi will be used somewhere. Maybe even the kyber Crystals as a McGuffin

7. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Either there's this thread or the "What now?" thread. Do we really need both?

Mods-please consider a thread merge. Not trying to be rude, just making a suggestion so that the general "where do we go now?" discussion can be confined to one place. Too confusing right now.

8. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    Sounds good to me...i too think it's gonna happen several years later and that we might see other untrained force users pop up here and there. And yes there's still this "bond" between Rey and Kylo Ren. i wonder where it's gonna take these too characters...

9. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
  10. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    One thing that IX has to do (which is a hard task) is to convince audiences that when the movie ends, there won't be ANOTHER resurgence of a new Empire formed by a new dark side Emperor that destroys the Republic, creating a new rebellion, etc etc etc. There has to be some sense of final finality this time that differs from the end of ROTJ.

Again, a case of "Cry Wolf" or "fool me once, twice, etc" going on that has to stop and be complete. Good luck to JJ in doing that. Hopefully realizes he has to. He gets paid a LOT of money so we can only hope.

AusStig, scuiggefest, Vib3s and 3 others like this.
  11. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    double post

12. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    What now? Both factions will need to regroup, and reorganize. The Resistance will need to find a new hide, Rey will need to finish her training, Poe will need to become the leader Leia Organa expects him to be. Finn and Rose will need to continue to be the Spark of the Rebellion.

As for the First Order, Ben and Hux will need to regroup. Ben will probably look to try and destroy everything his mother built to remove the last of his memories. I do believe we see the Knights of Ren with him, (which some will be Luke’s students) I think he kills Hux. Then the struggle between light and dark will resurface with Rey in the third act and there Duel of the Fates.

13. david catterall

david catterall Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 10, 2013
    I ADORED The Last Jedi. It was beautiful in every way.

My predictions for Episode IX are

STAR WARS BALANCE OF THE FORCE

Episode IX will open several years after the end of The Last Jedi at General Leia Amidala Organa's State funeral. Naboo or Coruscant?

The state funeral is attacked by the First Order and it turns out to be Fake. A trap set for Supreme Leader Kylo Ren. Leia died and was buried months ago in an unknown resting place having built a large and powerful counterforce known as The New Rebellion.

Billy Lourds character will take a central role to honour Carrie

New force users wake up all over the galaxy

Ren and Rey (Yin and Yang) will be pulled together and torn apart throughout the entire film.

Kylo will be using Vaders castle on Mustafar

The Prime Jedi will be used somewhere. Maybe even the kyber Crystals as a McGuffin

DarthWolvo23 likes this.
  14. Paro

Paro Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    Totally agree. Reusing the exactly same concepts for the ST wasn´t necessary at all. But i don´t think JJ will adress this point. I actually believe this trilogy will finish very open ended, so they will be able to milk the series for a lot more time.

15. Uncivilized

Uncivilized Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2015
    I'm expecting an epic battle at the end. I predict the next film will take place somewhere between 5 to 10 years later. Maybe Kylo will gather an army of dark side users. Rey will probably gather an army of light side users and maybe force ghosts. Leia will bring the galaxy together and we will see aliens from a variety of systems come together to bring down the FO. I would really like to see a surprising revelation about the force. The end needs to be much bigger than the characters.

16. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

nightangel

I'm sure you'd like that, right?

17. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    It would be with a recasted Luke and not Mark. Especially how sad and tragic it ended, I have no interest.

18. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    What now? I've no idea! That's why it's so fantastic. There are no predictable beats to expect other than generic macro level stuff. It's going to be war between rebels and First Order. It's going to be Rey, Finn, Rose, and Poe in the middle of it. Rey and Kylo will meet again. Rey will learn more about the Force. The Knights of Ren may emerge.

civilsecret likes this.
  19. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012

No, de-aging FX technology would allow Mark to continue, they only dyed Mark's hair and beard in for TLJ and he looked 10 years younger so it's far from being necessary to recast.

20. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    but we get IX with the new folks, then Rian's non Skywalker trilogy and I doubt in 10 + years Mark will be back for the role. I just accepted that was it for Mark and Luke.

Rey knows already everything about the force and she is flawless. Again Rey vs Kylo. No idea what should be exciting about this? [face_dunno]

kalzeth likes this.
  21. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    There's a window to be filled between IX and the new trilogy, it might be Kenobi film, it might be Boba Fett film or it could be a Luke film.

Solo ....................................2018
    Ep IX ..................................2019
    Stand alone film 3...............2020
    RJ Ep 1...............................2021
    Stand alone film 4...............2022
    RJ Ep 2...............................2023

Or at the worst RJ Ep 1 comes out 2020 and the stand alone film comes out a year later, either way filming could be done and dusted as early as 2 years from now.

RKR likes this.
  22. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    No she doesn't know everything about the force (that's why she took the books) nor is she flawless (she did not beat Kylo and stop the destruction of the resistance nor she did succeed in turning Ben). You keep repeating this everywhere but it's more your extreme negativity speaking rather than any evidence.

What's exciting about her meeting with Kylo again? Them finishing what they started. How will both react when they see each other? Will she try again or will seek to end him? There are many questions.

23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Thread merge

24. Pogue

Pogue Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 28, 2014
    Sorry to say, but this killed off Star Wars for me. Butchered Luke (no wonder Mark Hamill looked depressed in half the interviews I saw). Turns out Rey is a nobody which means all the stuff she can do is just down to "muh strong woman, mmmaaaannnnnn", Why is Finn even in these movies? He does nothing and is not at all interesting or cool like Lando or Mace Windu. That Canto Bight scene which was just there for Rose to say, "capitalism is bad", was so utterly dumb and out of place.

They totally underused Leia in both these Disney movies and now Carrie Fisher is dead, so who knows what's going to happen there? Just kidding, I don't even care anymore. Poe is supposed to be the new Han but he just comes off as Maverick from Top Gun (great in the cockpit and a total idiot outside it). I guess Captain Phasma was supposed to be Finn's nemesis, but again barely on screen and just dies soon after........ As for Snoke, what a total waste. Remember everyone talking about his backstory? Yeah we just scuffled that under the table and killed him off after five minutes of screen time. Now sure the same thing happened with the Emperor in ROTJ, but they saved the supposed main baddie FOR THE LAST FILM IN THE TRILOGY!!!

BB-8 is cool, but I don't know why they even have R2 or 3PO in these movies anymore. Fan service I guess. Same with Chewie, basically comic relief and listens to whatever his "master" Rey tells him.

Only good character? Kylo Ren, but now any suspense about Episode 9 is gone. What's going to happen? Is he going to go to the light and effectively lead the First Order in surrender? Is Rey going to kill him? Let's be honest, those are the only two options. Rey ain't going to be going over to the Dark Side with all the "evil white men". What a total waste of time. The Mouse is laughing all the way to the bank.

[​IMG]

25. skybender

skybender Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2017
    I think it's pretty clear that Kylo Ren will die in Episode IX. The ending to the Skywalker Saga is the end of the Skywalkers. That's what they are setting us up for, and it's as simple as that.