main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who Do You Think The Resistance Allies In The Outer Rim Are?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Starwarsfan9000, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    So we hear of allies in the Resistance who hear the call but choose not to come most likely due to fear. My guess is after they hear what will happen on Crait they will come together in Episode IX to complete the New Rebellion.

So who do we think were amongst that call? If Lando isn't one of them then that'll be a complete missed opportunity. They have a way to bring him back and acknowledge where he's been so they should use it.

Maybe Wedge and other pilots who were stationed somewhere else? I know Wedge's actor wasn't keen on returning for The Force Awakens but maybe he'll change his mind?

I could actually see Hera being a member and could buy her being featured in a way that won't entirely feeling alienating if the general audience hasn't seen Rebels. Considering we know she's part of the Rebellion still following ROTJ she could still be alive and fighting the good fight.

All speculation at this point I suppose. Discuss.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    After this slaughter? I think you over-estimate the chances.

Dak Oolron and DARTHSHAME like this.
  3. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    There are three:
    1. Deus
    2. Ex
    3. Machina

... and undoubtedly a "The Journey to Episode IX" book, comic, game, Disney ride to explain it all.

4. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Former Rebels and new dissidents, no doubt. Lando? Wedge? There also are likely more people like Maz in the galaxy who would be able to see the good vs the bad in the galaxy and want to fight the bad.

5. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    By definition, they had no allies, since nobody came to help lol.

6. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017
    The enslaved in Canto Bight and every planet getting used by the New Order. Imagine the Chiss lol jk. I think it's a mistake for the Rebellions role is to bring back the Republic, their objective should be to eliminate the New Order. Why does the Rebellion always have to implement the Republic ? The Empire and New Order came from the Republic.

Darthmaul208 and Dak Oolron like this.
  7. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017
    In the future the enslaved in Canto Bight and every planet getting used by the New Order. Imagine the Chiss lol jk. I think it's a mistake for the Rebellions role is to bring back the Republic, their objective should be to eliminate the New Order. Why does the Rebellion always have to implement the Republic ? The Empire and New Order came from the Republic.

Sorry about the double post, issues with the site network.

8. ucdex

ucdex Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    They may do something with it in IX to give the rebellion slightly more resources, but I felt the whole set-up was another subversion of a common plot element where the good guys call for backup when they are hopeless outnumbered and the backup arrives just in time to save the day.
    In this case, the backup didn't even bother to respond.

9. littlepadawan91

littlepadawan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    Throwaway line to set up Luke’s appearance later on. That’s literally it.

Let’s not go down the rabbit hole of coming up with elaborate theories only for the powers that be to forget all about it in the next installment. Remember the Knights of Ren? Remember Snoke? Not again.

DarkGingerJedi likes this.
  10. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

Lets not forget.....

King Prana

Kanjiklub

Guavian Death Gang

Unkar Plutt

and

Constable Zuvio

Or may be they'll go back to the tried and trusted Jar Jar Binks and his army of his own clones.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    We'll probably get a large time gap between TLJ and IX. The allies will just be there, I think, and they'll look like the Resistance (now the Rebels, again?)

Poe will command the Resistance and I think Leia will be off-screen organizing the NEW New Republic.

I hope we'll at least hear of Lando. Maybe a brief appearance.

There are some opportunities to reintroduce some older characters. That could be fun, IMO.

Darth Dnej and Dak Oolron like this.
  12. CakeThiefPro

CakeThiefPro Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 16, 2015
    At this point I think they should just make an army of astromech droids. War would be won in a couple of days.

13. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Ashoka

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  14. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    It's NOT Mandelorians, okay?
    I know that's who you want, but it's not. It's just not. They are Filoni-Star Wars, not Movie-Star Wars.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  15. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    It'd Be Great to see Lando back in Ep9. I'm sure we'll known if Billy Dee Williams will be in it soon

Dak Oolron likes this.
  16. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    "Lando."
    "Lando System?"
    "Lando's not a system; he's a man." ;)

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I would laugh if in episode IX we find out Lando discovered and populated a new star system for a scheme and they call it the Lando System?

Dak Oolron and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  18. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I would laugh if in episode IX we find out Lando discovered and populated a new star system for a scheme and they call it the Lando System

19. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    A fairly obvious route for IX - but a potentially effective one - would involve the Resistance trying to convince those allies to join them against the First Order. A bit like Mass Effect 3 (hopefully without the terrible ending).

Would be great to see Mandalorians and Chiss, of course. But I suspect JJ and Terrio will invent some new factions out of whole cloth.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  20. SG-17

SG-17 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2017
    Well Zay and Shriv were sent by Leia to go to the Outer Rim. Maybe we'll find out in the next Battlefront story.

21. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I really don't know how any of the major players in this film/trilogy work. The FO is built from the remains of the Empire, and have just reemerged on the scene recently, and lost their main planet weapon base in TFA, but somehow - in the span of a few days - have taken over the galaxy. Meanwhile, the Resistance, which was a fledging militia that was mostly ignored by a fledging New Republic, who didn't learn a single lesson from the PT days, took over after the Empire. However, despite being a galaxy wide government, all three (just 3!!!!) of their new HQ's were destroyed, which were strategically all located in the same system, and I guess, that means, that's that. By the end of TLJ, there's 8 Rebels total, apparently all on board the Falcon.

How does that even make any sense?

I guess, my fledging hope would be that Force Ghost Luke now travels around the galaxy, finding force sensitives like the Broom Kid and giving them 3 lessons on the Force, with the hope that it inspires them into action, and to find Rey. ... I guess. .... yeah, I guess.

Dak Oolron and NexuLeader like this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Who were the Resistance allies in the outer rim? A bunch of stay-at-home jerks who didn't respond, that's who!

Dak Oolron likes this.
  23. Bosozoku27

Bosozoku27 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2017
    As for who the allies could be... Lando is probably the biggest possibility out there as far as known possibilities. Wedge is also out there, maybe, though Poe seems to have inherited his "role", I'd still be in favor of seeing both fly circles around the First Order fleet!

I think too much is made of the failure to respond immediately by any of the allies. Luke's appearance was likely meant to restore the hope that was lost, as well as perhaps to stake his claim on rent-free space in Kylo Ren's head.

BigAl6ft6 and Sarge like this.
  24. StarVars

StarVars Jedi Knight

Nov 21, 2016
    Plageuis

Darth Smurf likes this.
  25. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Maz Kanata

Hell, if I were Leia right now. I'd say "head to Maz's place so we can crush on the couch."

BigAl6ft6 likes this.