main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Pitch the next Star Wars Story

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Big Bad Yoda Daddy, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I read in an interview with Kennedy that they'll announce the third Star Wars Story movie next month - so place yer bets! What do you want to see - and more importantly, what would make other people want to see it?

I'm gonna go with a super-young Yoda - but to save us two hours of backwards speak, the main protagonist could be his very first padawan. I know a lot of the pressure for an Obi-Wan spinoff is to get Ewan while the getting's good, but while I hope Oz has many good years left, I can't imagine how much longer he'll want to be doing movies. (Don't get me wrong - I want an Obi-Wan movie too.)

I vote Yoda because, even after five movies and two cartoon series, not to mention a stint in the comics, he's still decently mysterious. On top of that, I think him as a super young ... man? ... could be interesting as a basis for his future wisdom. For added flair, if we take "The Sith have been extinct for a millenia" as an approximation, we could focus the movie around Yoda and his padawan being instrumental in eliminating them the first time around.

Vote and pitch away - we'll see if any of us are right next month!

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  2. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    For what's likely, it's probably going to be Obi-Wan between the ROTS and ANH. Or they might even bring back their idea to make a Boba Fett film, which would likely take place between ROTS and ANH as well.

I would like to see some more movies that have few, or even no force-wielders. But before that happens, can we have a Dooku and Qui-Gon movie please? Start with Dooku's early days at the temple, then his apprenticeship to Yoda, his instruction of Qui-Gon Jinn, and then leaving the order. So basically a timeline from about 92 BBY-32 BBY. Around the end of the film, you could even have Liam Neeson reprise his role as Qui-Gon.
    Some other returning cast members could be Samuel L. Jackson as Mace and Frank Oz as Yoda.

my kind of scum likes this.
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Ewoks: Return to Endor

OK, that might just be wishful thinking :p

4. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

So... Rogue One?

Dak Oolron and Darth Dnej like this.
  5. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    "Netherworld: A Star Wars Story"

Two hours with Qui-Gon in the afterlife!!

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  6. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

That... isn't a horrible idea.

I think I like it.

Dammit, now I want a movie like that a la the Yoda arc in the last season of TCW.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  7. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    My idea is more of a plot bunny than anything else, but it would be a crossover with The Dark Crystal and the timeline would be about a year after ROTJ and would include the following (following the Old EU):
    - Young Leia (age 8 or there abouts) pulls a Lucy Pevensie and is the one who rescues baby Kira from the marauding Garthim and delivers her to the Pod People, with Aughra guiding her, and later Aughra speaking to Bail about Leia's force abilities.
    - Leia's subsequent return to Thra via crash landing, with Artoo and Chewie, also pregnant(!) with Jacen and Jaina
    - Discovery of the Gelfling ruins, and the return of the Skeksis Chamberlin! Leia runs him through with her lightsaber!
    - Aughra finds Leia and Chewie, brings them to the Crystal Palace, but they are overtaken by Grathim!
    - Leia taps into the Force, overpowers Garthim but are trapped in a deep, dark ravine.
    - Rescued by the gruff, but kindly Skekru, Bishkek the Slovenly. (Aka Yun-Yuzzathar (spelling?))
    - The gang makes their way back to the Crystal Palace. Happy reunions all around! :)
    - Decides that Leia must start Jedi training- she is the prophesied Warrior of Thra... Who knew?
    - Meanwhile, Han and Luke have been searching hither and yon for Leia, Chewie and Artoo. Pick up odd distress signal.
    - Weird signal comes from a derelict fleet filled with Vong refugees from Zenoma Sekot (wanted nothing to do with the war that ravaged their homeworld, hence their refugee status) and Ysannian Jedi allies, family members, etc. It's a bevy of heretics!
    - Misadventures, learning of the Vong threat and romance for Luke with Jem Ysanna!
    - Back on Thra, Leia's training continues and she assists Jen with a history of the Gelfling race. Bishkek proves to be a decent guy, but purposely keeps his godhood a secret. Aughra knows of course, and Leia suspects.
    - One day while on patrol, Kira spots odd ships- it's the guys! More happy reunions.
    - Our refugees claim to have found a new home, but the Gelflings are wary of their new warrior neighbors. The True Vong (as they call themselves) and the Jedi Warriors begin to negotiate, when Luke and Leia sense a major disturbance- the Skeksis are back! So is Palpatine, a cloned Palpatine!

8. Taylore

Taylore Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 14, 2017
    It's not my best guess for what will actually happen--my bet is on Bounty Hunters--but I wish for the film to feature and conclude the journey of Ashoka Tano. For me, that would be a great way to say goodbye to the era that she represents and of course to give long-awaited closure to an iconic character.

Ahsoka's tale could be folded into any number of other 'main' premises, such as a Bounty Hunters film, something else along the lines of Rogue One or what have you, since she has gone dark as of her last appearance. It would also provide an opportunity for a Ewan McGregor appearance, which I like the sound of since I don't think that Obi-Wan needs a whole film at this point.

It'll probably happen at some point anyway, but I think that it would be cool right now since it could tie everything together in a way that's not too backward-looking and hits a lot of spots (Jedi, Rebels, underworld, etc).

9. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    March of the Banthas: The PooDoo Strikes Back

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG]

11. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Fundamental Disagreement: A Star Wars Story.

12. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Perhaps this is self-serving, but what about the long awaited Yoda backstory film? Or, maybe we could get a Clone Wars/Rebels style series that could do him more justice.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to an Obi-Wan film starring Ewan McGregor.

Master of None likes this.
  13. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    That was my vote.

14. Master of None

Master of None Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    Mine too

15. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Obi Wan film. I'm far from the first to say this, but here are some possibilities for plot points

Starts with Obi Wan going to visit infant Luke, and he possibly talks with Owen or Beru. He rides away on an eiope. Soon afterwards, Tusken Raiders attack the moisture farm. Owen fights off the attackers, then visits Obi Wan's dwelling. He blames the random raid on Obi Wan's presence and demands that he stop visiting. Obi Wan explains his instructions from Yoda, but Owen doesn't care.
    Around this time, the spirit of Qui Gon visits Obi Wan and instructs him on becoming a Force ghost. Obi Wan feels lost about his role in Luke's life, and the future of the galaxy. He also grieves for Anakin and blames himself for what happened. Qui Gon assured him that the Force will reveal everything in time, and says to trust in it.

During this time, an enemy from the past, perhaps Cad Bane, is present on Tatooine allied with Jabba the Hutt. Another attack by Tuskens occurs on the farm, and Obi Wan must step in this time. One Tusken escapes and soon after, a rumor spreads that a Jedi is on Tatooine. Owen orders Obi Wan off his property with a blaster, and threatens him never to enter the premises again. Sadly, Obi Wan leaves and is personally ambushed by Tuskens. He speaks to them and is identified as Obi Wan Kenobi.

The antagonist bounty hunter hears about Obi Wan at the Cantina and makes it his mission to investigate. Jabba, meanwhile, believes that the Empire will pay him huge if he hands over the mystery Jedi. Obi Wan realizes his mistake in letting the Tuskens go, endangering Luke in the process. Consulting Qui Gon, he vows to get rid of the threat on Tatooine and prevent the rumor from reaching the Empire. He travels to Mos Espa and is attacked by Jabba's thugs. He uses his lightsaber to fight them off, then uses the force to make all others forget the encounter.

The main antagonist competes with Jabba for Obi Wan, and finally confronts him backed by Tuskens, who believe Obi Wan had massacred a village several years prior. Obi Wan fights and kills the villain, and later tracks the Tuskens back to their camp. He is forced to slaughter all the men and women, to his remorse, but leaves the children alive. He loses faith in his own prowess as a Jedi and is visited again by Qui Gon, who tells him that he did what he needed to, even if it violated his own morals. Obi Wan assures himself that he still did not stoop to the level that Anakin once had.

He then visits the Cantina, and introduces himself as Ben (maybe the real name of the villain if it's not an existing character). He sees an image of Vader in the bar and immediately recognizes his identity. Credits.

There would be more details and scenes than I have outlined, it's very basic. Another possible scene (i don't know if it's a good idea) is Vader hearing about the Jedi on Tatooine and deciding not to pursue the subject.

16. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    Outbound Flight: A Star Wars Legend

Taking place in the Legends universe...

The Clone Wars have yet to erupt when Jedi Master Jorus C'baoth petitions the Senate for support of a singularly ambitious undertaking. Six Jedi Masters, twelve Jedi Knights, and fifty thousand men, women, and children will embark—aboard a gargantuan vessel, equipped for years of travel—on a mission to contact intelligent life and colonize undiscovered worlds beyond the known galaxy.

The government bureaucracy threatens to scuttle the expedition before it can even start—until Master C'baoth foils a murderous conspiracy plot, winning him the political capital he needs to set in motion the dream of Outbound Flight. Or so it would seem. For unknown to the famed Jedi Master, the successful launch of the mission is secretly being orchestrated by an unlikely ally: the evil Sith Lord, Darth Sidious, who has his own reasons for wanting Outbound Flight to move forward… and, ultimately, to fail.

Yet Darth Sidious is not the mission's most dangerous challenge. Once underway, the starship crosses paths at the edge of Unknown Space with the forces of the alien Chiss Ascendancy and the brilliant mastermind best known as "Thrawn." Even Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi, aboard Outbound Flight with his young Padawan student, Anakin Skywalker, cannot help avert disaster. Thus what begins as a peaceful Jedi mission is violently transformed into an all-out war for survival against staggering odds—and the most diabolical of adversaries...

17. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Over a twenty five year period, a robot butler and a handyman R2 unit work for the same masters through two wars. So committed to their duties are they that the full implications of the events around them passes them by, but worse, they never get the chance to express their true feelings.

The wars come to an end. Their masters are dead or have moved on and they are split up only to reunite one afternoon in an English seaside town where they reminisce about the old days.

The end.

It's called Remains Of The Dagobah

18. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm also of the thinking that an Obi-Wan film seems the most likely.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a Young Yoda film, set early on in his life as a Jedi. Presumably the film could cover the galaxy recovering and the Jedi Order rebuilding from a devastating-galaxy wide Sith war. In this story, the Jedi won, and the Republic is in a state of renewal as they pick up the pieces and rebuild. Yoda just becomes a Jedi knight during this time, and perhaps there could be some sort Sith remnant they have to deal with, or perhaps it could focus also on finding and commandeering the ancient secrets of Sith lore. (Holocrons, temples and whatnot). And along the way they are met with different challenges on their search. Something like that could be cool.

I will admit that I'd be much more excited to see an Obi-Wan film though, as it's something I've always been interested to see.

19. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Mix that with the Taken series. It would never happen, but seeing Qui-Gon do bad-ass stuff on baddies after death would be pretty cool.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  20. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    “I will find you and I will haunt you.”

21. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Personally, I wouldn’t mind if they scrap the concept of canon after Episode IX.

I feel like DC has the right idea (albeit seemingly arrived at it due to lackluster box office returns) to allow for films that exist in alternate continuities.

I feel like there’s an expectation that every Star Wars movie feels like it has to be anchored to another movie in some way, whether in fleshing out backstory or handling the legacy of characters.

If a new movie came out that had a new group of non-Jedi Force users or a completely new antagonist that has nothing to do with the Sith or Empire, there’s almost an obligation to peg it on a timeline and justify where it fits in relation to other films.

IMO, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to treat Star Wars stories merely as myths and legends. That once upon a time, fictional events happened to mythical characters, and that like Final Fantasy, where each installment might share similar elements, there is no overarching continuity.

Such that once the Skywalker story is resolved, completely new stories with new heroes and villains that need not even exist in that same, singular Galaxy Far, Far Away could exist that make no reference to an Empire, Skywalker, Vader, etc.

Or even extend the “Legends” banner to the films themselves whereby existing characters could crop up, recasted with new actors, without obligation to follow the continuity of the Skywalker saga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Lol.
    Charming to the last. :p
    [​IMG]

Martoto77 likes this.
  23. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
  24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    So, it's Step Up, but on Coruscant.
    Kids on the street.
    Fallin' in love. Tryin' to get by.
    And all they want to do is DANCE.

All trying to get the lead role in Squid Lake.

25. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I would love to see a film about podracing-just podracing, kind of like Days of Thunder or something similar. Focusing on the life and times of a certain star racer, and their ups and downs, struggles of the racing world, etc. Maybe starship racing could be cool too-something like what Han was off doing during the events of Bloodline, following the premise I just mentioned.

I also would love a Top Gun-style kind of film that focuses on the Rebel (or Imperial) academy, and focuses on a group of pilots in training and all the drama/action that goes on with that.

I also wouldn't mind seeing some sort of political thriller, involving the senate either during the time period where the CIS was just forming, or during the events of ANH. It would be sort of in the vein of Thirteen Days, and the Death Star battle would be something that senators/Emperor would refer to but we don't actually see that mission go down. Mystery, intrigue, deception, suspense, all the things that can normally be included in a political thriller.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    CowMoo likes this.