main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Comics Marvel Star Wars: General News & Trades Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
  2. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

Wow. Surprising but definitely does have me interested in what they will do with it. Hopefully it means they are getting the go ahead to tell some post TLJ stories. If their is indeed a timeskip of a couple/few years after TLJ they could do some stuff without it interfering with the movie much at all.

Kind of makes me think though they may restart it at #1 though just for sales reasons as the current line is starting to dip down there a bit (latest issue sold under 30,000).

3. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    [​IMG]

I'm all fine now. Hope it covers his perspective in TFA, past it and into TLJ (and beyond).

Revanfan1, Kylun, Jedi Ben and 2 others like this.
  4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yes, I gave Jammin hope..... Only to take it away. [face_devil]

Vthuil likes this.
  5. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    Maybe they could call it Black Squadron or something like that.

I can't say Poe Dameron has been my favorite series, but it has been getting better over time. I hope they keep Angel Unzueta around. I feel like his art has steadily improved since his work on Shattered Empire.

vncredleader and spicer like this.
  6. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Well I stand corrected then. I was prepared for series to finish at 25.

7. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    20 credits says the number does end at 25 or so

cwustudent likes this.
  8. The Raddinator

The Raddinator Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2017
    It would be really cool if they used the Black Squadron characters to explore some of what's happening in the rest of the galaxy during TFA and TLJ before going on to post-TLJ. (If they do the latter, it makes me think they are 100% locked into a time jump after TLJ, though since the pitch has only just been delivered then I dunno if they're that far along)

Snap, Jess and Kare going to get help elsewhere in the galaxy while the First Order bursts out of the Unknown Regions everywhere could be a really cool concept.

9. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    I'm sure they have a much stronger idea of where the story is going in Ep. IX than people think. They may not have all the intricate details ironed out (which is what they would be alluding to with the pitch) but I am sure the general direction they are going to go and end at has been known since TFA was made.

10. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
  11. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Does anybody actually want to read about DJ? Or am I being a really bad marketing researcher? :p

cwustudent likes this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, before the film it made more sense.

Now? Er...... Entirely different question.

Barriss_Coffee and Ewok Poet like this.
  13. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    I feel like one of the few people who was intrigued by DJ and want to learn more about him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my kind of scum likes this.
  14. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    No news about a Poe Dameron OHC yet?
    I haven't read the Captain Phasma comic series, is it worth reading? I'm not the greatest fan of the character, but I want to learn more about that era.

15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    So when is the next comics line or mini series going to get announced? Hopefully we can get something about Luke post-ROTJ.

kalzeth likes this.
  16. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    If the Poe series is going to continue there probably won't be any new ongoing comic line announcements for awhile (unless they expand how many they are doing at any one time). Probably won't get the next mini comic announcement until the Thrawn series is about half way done.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  17. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    I'm not sure if this means anything, but HeatherAntos hinted on Twitter yesterday at something coming soon:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Jedi Jessy, Revanfan1, spicer and 3 others like this.
  18. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Fingers crossed for post-TLJ content!

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The thing about DJ is that if they give him this big backstory to explain why he is the way he is (probably a sob tale about war, etc), he loses the weirdness and cryptic element that made him unique in the film. I like not knowing why he thinks the way he thinks because it makes us, as the audience, think more. We have the space to mull over his message without being bogged down with drama like "DJ likes the Empire because he was a war orphan and they took him in when nobody else would, but then they killed the love of his life who was a Rebel..." (etc). The backstory is going to mar the simplicity of his message. Plus when he don't know why he thinks the way he does, we're never quite sure what he's going to do next.

That said, I don't mind if they do a madcap caper-type story with him. He'd be perfect for that.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  20. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    100% agree. On some level it reminds me of Joker. It is more interesting to simply have the fact that a person could for some reason become this way rather that specifically telling how this person got to this point. leaving it in front of the audience without any real answers makes the risk of apathy all the more real because it feels like almost anyone could end up this way.

21. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I just hope that it won't be as pointless as "Storms of Crait".

cwustudent and kalzeth like this.
  22. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I just hope that it won't be as pointless as "Storms of Crait".
    If you are curious how she survives the destruction of Starkiller Base, that's the story you're looking for. It's an ok comic with great art.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    vncredleader likes this.
  23. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Frankly the art is so good that I want an absolute edition of it. In fact has any of Checchetto's art been in an absolute?

24. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Isn’t the sell line for this story that we are just getting the 48 hrs prior to TLJ? I don’t think there is enough room in 32 pages to tell the 48 hrs prior story, and a long detailed backstory. I think this is going to be how and why he is in Canto Bight jail.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

vncredleader likes this.
  25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Sadly, Marvel have not done, nor are there any indications that they will do, Absolute-style hardbacks.

They have done some Adamantium editions, which are insane, even bigger hardbacks, with a RRP to match of, I kid you not, $200!

If you hope to ever see Checchetto art in that style format hope that either DC bags him or he does a smash-hit Image book and decides to issue it in Absolute-size hardback because it was so successful, the same rule applies to any DC work - say with Bendis perhaps?

vncredleader likes this.