main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Kelly Marie Tran (Rose Tico) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BalanceOfTheForce, Dec 18, 2017.

?

Does Rose survive

Poll closed Dec 2, 2019.
  1. Rose survives the film

64.7%
  2. Rose dies early on

16.9%
  3. Rose dies late in the film

3.7%
  4. Rose saves the day

14.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Do you think she'll end up with Finn?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Depends on what JJ wants. Finn didn't react to her kiss, in fact his hug with Rey showed more emotion. That said he is fond of Rose considering he demanded DJ give her the pendant back, and the way he was watching over her on the Falcon.

3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Really loved the scenes with Her and Finn. I bet in IX Finn will end up saving Rose..

4. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I liked her in TLJ.

5. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Am I the only one who found her slightly annoying and thought there was no chemistry there? This is coming from someone who liked the movie by the way.

6. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Finn's just not allowed to have more than 1-2 friends at a time.

In TFA, he'd hang with Poe. Poe would vanish. Rey shows up. Rey is kidnapped. Poe returns. Finn goes to get Rey. Ends in a coma.

In TLJ, Rey's gone. Finn awakes. He hangs with Rose. Rose gets into a coma. Rey returns.

7. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    God I hope not... She is one of the worst SW characters in recent memory! :oops:They killed the wrong Tico... I liked her sister! And enough with the comas!! Grrrr

ezekiel22x and Rhyoth like this.
  8. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I don't know if she'll end up with Finn but I really enjoyed her character. She was fun and helped remind the audience why people are fighting against the FO.

Yora, Jedi Merkurian , 11-4D and 3 others like this.
  9. Jedi MD

Jedi MD Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    Finn is the town bicycle. Everyone gets a ride. Want your chartacter to be even more awesomer. Just throw them in a scene with Finn, have him do his jig then bam, your character levels up.

10. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    Let's see if JJ gives a damn about Rian' s creation, lol.
    Hopefully she won't get the Maz treatment.

11. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015

Really? One of the worst characters in recent memory? Bro, the worst thing you can say about her is that she's boring. And a lot of people (myself included) would disagree with that as well.

12. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    Wasn't that big into her character on 1st viewing....but the second time i saw the movie, since i could relax now, i paid more attention to her plot with Finn and actually her character is growing on me a lot. Love the actress and she brings something a bit different to SW IMO... Hope she gets some cool devellopment in ep9. i'm on team Rose now :)

13. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Rose's relationship with Finn goes quickly from admiring the legend/rescuer (in her grief) to becoming the rescuer/loving the man (to prevent grief). It is possible that she ends up rejecting Finn (nicely) as part of a journey of empowerment/development of being stronger through bereavement. There's more going on with her than at first glance!

Personally, I felt more chemistry between Rey and Finn, but she's got bigger things to contend with...Unless Ep.IX also challenges the "Jedi doctrine" of Eps.I-III that Rey/the Jedi are not permitted to have exclusive attachments. Maybe Ep.IX will try to reconcile non-attachment (including exile like Luke and Yoda) with the very basic need of having people to love and belong.

In any case, I get the feeling the relationships of the female characters to Finn are consequences to their story arcs/development, not his. Finn's a lovable hapless type at the whim of others' so may even end up on his own!

14. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017

Kelly Marie tran's screen test/with John Boyega

15. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015
    maz's cameo was the best action in the movie for me. I was legit amused.

Anyone else get a kick out of rose coming off almost like a crazy person as she explained to finn how she tazed 3 people already? I thought she already knew she was gonna taze finn and just wanted to watch him squirm before she went in. Either way, if she'd done me like that, me and her would not be friends.

11-4D likes this.
  16. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    Didn’t need her. I wish Finn was doing something different anyways but I just wasn’t interested in her.

17. Ben-Solo

Apr 19, 2017
    Okay that's your opinion but then why post in a thread dedicated to Kelly Marie Tran and her character? Her character serves a purpose to the plot, is connected to the hero of the destruction of the Dregnaught and is now one of the few Resistance fighters left; furthermore I suggest you read "Bomber Command" it talks about her upbring and her struggle with her sister and what "her cause" is; she was a refugee from a system destroyed by the First Order.

18. MichaelSkellig

MichaelSkellig Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    I liked Rose. The whole point of her character was to say that last line: "That's how we're going to win - not fighting what we hate; saving what we love." It encapsulated the whole movie.

They could just have Leia say it, or even Holdo, of course. But KMT did it beautifully.

my kind of scum likes this.
  19. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Can we get a redo on which Tico sister is killed?

Avnar, DARTH FATHEAD and oncafar like this.
  20. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Come on, I get it tensions are high but can we be somewhat respectful.

Some of us do like Rose.

21. Ben-Solo

Apr 19, 2017
    Her whole point wasn't just to say that line it was to show how someone who had seen sacrifice, tradegy, and destruction still in thev fleeting moments found hope, a cause and a belonging. Her sister was her bestfriend, they were refugees (they literally had nothing) and she (Rose) has overcome all that to be a beacon of hope. There's a lot nmore to her character that some here are giving her credit for.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I loved Rose and the chemistry she had with Finn was great. I'm excited to see where they take her in IX.

23. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Rose is getting a lot of hatred on YouTube and other sites. I am surprised. I thought she was ok. Some are saying her inclusion in the movie was due to some feminist liberal agenda . I think people are reading to deeply into the movie.

11-4D likes this.
  24. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    it's sad how just when movies start to include main protagonists who are not the typical white males, people start to see it as PC liberal agenda. All i know is back in 83 female x wing pilots were cut off ROTJ because it was seen as "unbelievable" or something.

So...yes the new Ghostbusters is a turd...and yes there's also some new conservative "revival" these days. It's a small minority -i hope- but it's definitely there ( jist check the youtube/screenrant TLJ posts)

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  25. cut-of-space

cut-of-space Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 29, 2017
    Oh, I loved Rose! She was one of bright spots of TLJ for me and I want to see more of her. She represents the fangirl in us all, but unlike us she actually gets work alongside one of her idols and even save his life, that's living the dream! Her kiss was a touching moment and she earned it after everything they went through. I don't think she will end up with Finn though, I'd be happy if she did but I'm still a Finn/Rey shipper at heart. Rey & Rose becoming friends would mean a lot to me, because it's kind of rare to see two women bonding in the Star Wars universe. Holdo & Leia seemed really cool together, I'd like to see something similar with the younger ladies too. My worse fear is that we'll end up with a love triangle, or Finn/Rose will pair off as a couple allowing Reylo to become canon like a version of Twilight in space, but that's literally the worst case scenario.[face_nail_biting]

godisawesome and DannyD like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.