main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource The Fanon Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by FanonSock, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I didn't know what a funfetti cake was, so I googled it...I'd say that it would go with vengeance sprinkles.

On the other hand the thing with "replacing sprinkles with pasta shapes" in the soup ad was deliberately nonsensical. ;)

Findswoman and BookExogorth like this.
  2. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    Minor update. Retconned the number of purple-eyed Chiss surviving in the Legends New Republic era from less than 50 to 1,000 (still a small number in a galaxy of trillions). Also added a footnote/rumor about Thrawn being sympathetic to what the purple-eyed Chiss have suffered, what with him being an exile himself as well as a culture connoisseur.

Gamiel, Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  3. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016

Welcome, my friend. Climb aboard the ANGRY MACE™ train.

And yes, it has to be all caps. So the proper label for your product would be ANGRY MACE™ Funfetti Cake.

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Two Days left for people that want to partisipate in the Horror Challange

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I'm trying. I'm trying. But I can't promise anything. :(

Findswoman likes this.
  6. FanonSock

FanonSock Jedi Master star 1

Nov 11, 2014
    Yes, @Gamiel, you are absolutely right, and thanks so much for posting this reminder—I'm really sorry I've been so delinquent with this sock. [face_blush] Two days till the Fanon Horror Challenge comes due, and then voting will begin. There are three excellent entries so far, and I encourage all and sundry to give them a read.

Also, one fanon post update to announce for December: @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 has updated her food and drink post.

Thanks again, all, for bearing with me! :)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    Gamiel and Ewok Poet like this.
  7. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    @Gamiel - Would you be able to compile all of your Munto Codru and Codru-Ji stuff in a single post? I would love it. Thanks. :)

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I can do that but why do you want me to do that?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  9. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    So everything would be in one place - since you created amazing fanon on them and I want to use it in the future. :)

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Fanon regarding the planet Munto Codru and its native species the Codru-Ji

* Munto Codru to me is a rather traditional world with a feudal like ruling system spanning the entire globe. Much of the conflicts between the noble families is highly ritualized and it is seldom anybody gets killed, as long as everybody follow the proper procedure – something that make aliens a bit of a danger since they don’t know better and can endanger everyone around them by well-meaning acts.
    * My image of Munto Codru is highly influenced by romanticized/fairytale medieval Europe: movies like Disney’s Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast; Cinderella; comics like Prince Valiant and the art by painters like Ivan Bilibin, Gustaf Tenggren, and most of the visual adaptations of Tolkien’s Rivendell and Gondor.
    * Codru-Ji have a preference for animal drawn vehicle even if they have no problem to have the vehicle levitating on repulses.
    * The main part of Munto Codru’s civilization are focused around the grand castles and clan keeps and the cultivated land around them, between those areas exist large parts of uncontrolled wilderness were nature with all its wild beast have been allowed to roam free.
    * The Codru-Ji have one known Force tradition: Munto Codru's wild wizards

Animals on Munto Codru
    * The planets's alpha predator is the Dragonne.

Pegasus: Munto Codru’s pegasus are horse-like animals with three toes and large leather wings. They prefer to live in open areas or on cliff sides since they need a running start or a jump from a certain height to get into the air. In the wild do they live in harems of one stallion and two to seven mares, and additional foal, that are usually lead by the oldest mare or in same-sex youth groups of two to ten young stallions or mares.
    They are domesticable and are often used by the codru-ji as mounts but can not carry heavier weights while in flight.

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  11. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    @Gamiel, would you like me to give this its own entry in the index?

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Yes, I actually just posted it to the FanonSock

Findswoman likes this.
  13. FanonSock

Nov 11, 2014
    Aaand now... I am pleased to announce that VOTING HAS BEGUN for the Fanon HORROR Challenge.

There are three stories in the running, all of which are excellent and guaranteed to induce shivers, willies, heebie-jeebies, etc.:
    The Mists of Mehr by Chyntuck
    The Vaults of Cromm-Crúaich by Gamiel
    S.R.A.K.—Serpent-Related Ass Kicking by Sith-I-5

Here's what to do: PM your vote to this sock by 11:59 pm PST on Thursday, January 11, 2018. (So you'll have about two weeks to read and vote.)

Here's what not to do: vote more than once, vote for yourself, vote using a sock as well as your normal account, vote for something that's not on this list, etc., etc. I'm sure you all know the drill by now.

Here's when the winner will be announced: on or about January 12 or 13 (barring all RL catastrophe).

And here's what the winner will get: your story announced in the thread title for a week, and the opportunity to come up with this thread's next challenge! (I am glad to work with you on the latter if it would be helpful—just shoot me a PM.)

Happy reading and voting! :)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Raissa Baiard, Gamiel and Ewok Poet like this.
  14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Ouch. I've had one bookmarked since practically forever and now I need to read the other two, which are long, too. Ouch.

Findswoman likes this.
  15. FanonSock

Nov 11, 2014
    The results are now in for the Fanon HORROR challenge, and we have a winner:

@Gamiel, The Vaults of Cromm-Crúaich

Congratulations, Gamiel! Let's be in touch about possibilities for the next challenge. And of course, many thanks and kudos to all who took part! :)

EDIT: I would usually put the winning title and author in the thread title at this point, but as you know we're unable to do that right now because of technical issues—so thanks for understanding. @};-

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Gamiel, Raissa Baiard and Ewok Poet like this.
  16. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Congratulations to @Gamiel, and well done by all participants—this was a great group of stories! =D=

Gamiel, Raissa Baiard and Ewok Poet like this.
  17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    MY PARTY WON. :eek: Congrats, @Gamiel!

Gamiel likes this.
  18. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Congratulations, @Gamiel

That was quite the creepily evocative story.

There was a space horror novel that I think I recently recommended to @yahiko ; your story was on a par with it.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  19. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
  20. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Gamiel and Findswoman like this.
  21. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Ewok Poet, Gamiel and Findswoman like this.
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Oh, dear, I actually won. Thanks everybody that voted for me :D [face_dancing]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  23. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    And you're also that awesome guy who uses the word "thanks" when acknowledging it, so YOU DO YOU. :D

Findswoman likes this.
  24. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Immobiliser 418 article updated to restore the last missing picture (Forward TIE Hangar), and text amended to clarify which weapons were specific to a particular vessel's retrofit.

Can we do a post with just random stuff? Today, I almost asked for a Star Warsy version of Soduko, then made it up myself, and realised that I have been making random crap up, but not enough to warrant a collected post. So can I just lump **** together?