main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Cult Encounters and Supernatural Encounters (even more new Legends material!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Dec 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    http://www.starwarstimeline.net/Cult Encounters.htm

A Christmas present for Star Wars EU fans from Joe Bongiorno and Rich Handley! The previously unpublished story, Cult Encounters: Excerpts from The Last Days of Arhul Hextrophon, has at last been published here: http://www.starwarstimeline.net/Cult Encounters.htm

Check it out and don't forget to follow The Star Wars Expanded Universe Timeline!!!!

Part of my jaw dislocated as it dropped reading this. Literal awe. So help me this terrifies me.

Supernatural Encounters continues the arc!

http://www.starwarstimeline.net/Supernatural_Encounters.htm

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  3. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I vaguely remember reading about this. Wasn't it intended for Star Wars Gamer or Star Wars Galaxy magazine?

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Yup. It’s been reworked.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  5. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    First thing I noticed was the Gorog the Night Herald and the Gorog from TFU2, perhaps an alteration.

This will take time to break down. It makes me want to write a RPG campaign around this stuff.

Was it originally written partly by Abel?

6. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Awesome, even small things from Legends are welcomed!

7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Tython Awakening and BobaMatt like this.
  8. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
  9. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Wow, that's unexpected. I'm glad it got published in some form, though sad that it wasn't in an official publication---this would have been an excellent apocryphal coda to the EU.

Enjoying a lot of the old-school references as I go through it. Especially some super minor things that I've always wanted to see get more attention (e.g. the Silan from Tales: Life, Death, and the Living Force, the Star Temple from Infinity's End, etc).

And Splendid Ap.

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Highlights being the Onrai goddess being Abeloth...

11. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Unfortunately I've been at work since I've seen it so I only had time to scan it and caught that Gorog reference, but I'll definitely read it in more detail in a few hours.

12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Hurry!

Waru!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  13. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Yeah I spotted Him before His name got dropped.

14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I love this. It's exactly what I've been interested in seeing, since I first read some of the Devilworlds stories.

15. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Wow, never thought this would ever appear! Happy Life Day indeed.

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I’m tantalised by it.

I mean - the warrior queen grew back her teeth, and the Order of the Terrible Glare references the Goddess that they worship having pinprick eyes.

Did Abeloth escape during the era of the Republic??

Is this how Contispex fooled the whole Jedi Council into supporting his election?

17. Hamburger_Time

Dec 13, 2010
    I'm also assuming Kopa Khan is actually Cold Danda Sine, and the Inscrutable One is Splendid Ap. What of Tilotny and Horliss-Horliss, though?

18. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Onrai the "Vain Goddess"?

Not sure about Horliss-Horliss though. Maybe "The Shunned Deity" due to the "amorphous" reference, and Horliss-Horliss's rather blob-like appearance.

19. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Hmmm, I don't know much of the references in that. But I did notice the name Simikarty. He was mentioned in Outbound Flight by Ma'Ning in conversation with Jorus.

20. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Yup - as the guy who first propounded that Jedi should recruit only infants, and shun power (possibly also, not marry?)

21. Hamburger_Time

Dec 13, 2010
    Onrai is probably Abeloth, actually - she's described as having eyes like pinpricks of light and another passage calls attention to her teeth. I find it really interesting that this article implies that all the "dark gods" of the Galaxy are connected, and possibly dark counterparts to the Celestials themselves.

22. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Isn't the Son a Celestial?

23. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I thought the Soulworm also came across as very Abeloth-ish, what with the whole "feeding on negative emotions" thing, as well as the tentacles.

Maybe the "Father of Darkness" is the Mortis "Father", the avian "Shunned Deity" who battles Darkness is the Daughter and Kopa Khan is the Son?

24. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    No PDF, ePub etc?

25. Hamburger_Time

Dec 13, 2010
    So here's who everyone seems to be with this dark pantheon. Let me know if I missed anyone.

Typhojem the Left-handed God = Pomojema, the god of Mimban (Splinter of the Mind's Eye)

Gorog the Night Herald = The Night Spirit of Endor (Ewoks)

Ooru = Waru (The Crystal Star)

Kopa Khan = Cold Danda Sine (Tilotny throws a Shape)

Ap'aci the Inscrutable One = Splendid Ap (Tilotny...)

Lady with the Locust Heart = Onrai the Vain Goddess (Marvel Star Wars) = Abeloth?

Shunned Deity = Uncertain, except this being would appear to be benevolent, hence being shunned by the wicked pantheon. The emphasis on wings in most of its derivatives makes me think of the Daughter of Mortis (the "Winged Goddess"), but most of the derivatives are also male so search me.

Of the Soulworm and Father of Shadows, who seem to be the two strongest of the pantheon, I have no idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.